Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-16-2006, 03:04 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 283/270/165

If you have 4 problems and over eat or binge....now you have 5 problems and guilt!!
alextucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:17 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Yes, they keep airing Sonic commercials around here. And every time one is on it looks good. Fortunately there are no Sonics here. (So stop teasing me with those commercials already!!).

Here is a recipe I saw recently (in People's Diet and Fitness I think) that may work for satisfying your craving. Edy's Light Slow Churn Vanilla (1 cup?) and a 100 cal snack pack of Oreo's in a blender. Of course I'm sure you can sub 100 cal pack of Chip's Ahoy or whatever. Not really a lot of nutrients, but a low cal way to curb a craving.
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:21 PM   #18  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

skinnyjeans, that sounds yummy, I think I am going to do this, I bought icecream yougart.

I wish we did not have a sonic but then again i would crave something else. By the way I am still wanting it but want to lose more.
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:30 AM   #19  
the blond one

S/C/G: 198/126.4/121

Height: 5' 1.5"

When I get those cravings I go to McDonalds for a vanilla cone (150 calories and so good) or the Weight Watchers Smart Ones Chocolate Chip Cookie dough dessert (170 calories).

You could make one with 1/2 cup of non-fat yogurt and 1/2 quakers low sugar granola bar (90-100 calories for 1)
start8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:33 AM   #20  

If I'm going to have a downfall, it's ice cream. And I love Sonic's ice cream. After a year of changed eating habits, I no longer crave the Blasts (cookies and cream, that was the best, alas), but I do like just a plain ice cream cone. But McDonald's also have good soft serve, and according to their website, a regular cone is only 150 calories. So if I'm going to have an ice cream treat, that's the one I go for. And they also serve it up in a cup, so if you wanted to grab one on the way home, and as others have suggested here, stir in some of the 100-cal cookie packs, or I've even used a pinch or two of crunchy cereal, like honey-nut cheerios, to give me that crunch. But I will share one experience with Sonic that definitely made me mad. Normally I research fastfood websites to know ahead of time what I'm getting that will fit within my range. But one day on my lunch break, I was craving something sweet, and ran over to the local Sonic just a few minutes away. I thought, "Oh, I'll try one of those new NO-FAT fruit smoothies they've been advertising. That's can't be TOO many calories." So I got one, slurped it down on the way back to my desk, then belately looked at their website for the calories. Over 500 calories!!! That's 1/3 of my daily allowance! I was so bummed for the rest of the day.
lele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:35 AM   #21  

Start8, you and I think alike !!
lele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:31 PM   #22  
210 / 193 / 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul
I want to lose the weight more than I want the blast.
Great attitude! Congratulations on not giving in. Not only did you win over temptation this time, but you'll find that the more cravings you resist, the easier it will get. You're definitely on the right path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextucker
If you have 4 problems and over eat or binge....now you have 5 problems and guilt!!
Oh, that is good! I'm going to have to remember that one for my own moments of temptation.
Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:41 PM   #23  

Sonic chili dog and tater tots, with a rte.44 lime slushy *dies*

I'm GLAD we don't have those in CA. When I lived in the South they were my bain, and I generaly HATE fast food.
geekess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:10 PM   #24  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by start8
When I get those cravings I go to McDonalds for a vanilla cone (150 calories and so good)...
You might want to be careful with that one. I remember seeing a news report recently, like within the last 2 months, saying that McDonald's ice creams were tested out at higher than what they listed. If I recall (I'm going to see if I can find hard data, so don't rely on this number), it was, in reality, nearly double hwat was listed.

Don' t get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash McD -- there are enough folks out there who love to do that! Personally, I like McD. I'm jut pointing out that if you're relying on the ice cream being 150 cal, you may need to revisit that so you don't go over your daily calories.

I'll see if I can find the article.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: I've looked and looked but can't find anything that specifically mentions the ice cream cones. Basically, what the news reports were saying was that some fast food staffers were unintentionally "over-portioning" (nothing malicious, they just thought they were being nice, I think), so although the Ice Cream cone supposedly is 150 calories on paper, the actual Ice Cream cone you get may be more. In some cases, much more. Wish I coulkd find backup -- I don't like giving unsubstantiated info...

Last edited by Less of Lena; 05-17-2006 at 10:15 PM.
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote