Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-17-2006, 01:39 PM   #16  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I went and saw my grandmother again yesterday and this time I got sit and talk with my grandpa for a bit. He told me that they figure she doesn't have long but he keeps hoping. I sat with the two of them while grandpa encouraged her to eat as much as she could and they try and make it as full as many calories as they can. It is so weird to sit there and she takes one more bite and my Grandpa whispers under his breath "good, another five calories" and if it were me I would be thinking "oh god, another 5 calories" it really gives you a whole new meaning to the word diet. But I am doing being selfish and I am going to try my best to visit her everyday after work even if only for half an hour. After all, I only live a 5 min walk away... I feel so aweful for not going sooner but I had no idea she was so bad.

But anyway, on to happier topics, the scale was lower again today! woo

Hope everyone has a great day
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 03:31 PM   #17  
Fat-be-gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecrush
Courtnie- im sorry to hear about your grandma My sister doesnt eat. Im going to share your story with her. She thinks shes fat, so she just starves. She used to be a closet eater, but not anymore, shes just giving up on food. Thanks for sharing your story!
When are people gonna get that starving themselves isn't the way to go?? And they always realize it when it is already too late. That's just too sad.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 03:33 PM   #18  
Starting Fresh

People just don't get it! I wish I could take pictures of my gramma and post them here for everyone to see! But I can't do that, it is aweful. She looks aweful. I have this picture stuck in my head from my vist yeseterday. Just laying there in her hospital bed, he skin sunked around her eyes making them look like they were popping out of her head EAT PEOPLE GOD DAMIT EAT!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 03:36 PM   #19  
Fat-be-gone

Courtnie-was anything psychological going on with yur grandma?? I mean, what made her just stop eating?
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 04:41 PM   #20  
Starting Fresh

No one knows and the sad thing is no one really noticed. Like I said before this has been going on for years. She just started eating less and less and less. And got the point where he body just couldnt eat much food. her stomach got so small, that is the theory anyway.

I really dont know what made her slowly stop eating.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:53 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Courtnie - you gotta wonder if there is a slight depression or something, I know my grandma does things she doesn't want to.. for the sake of me or her other grandchildren. I hope she realizes before it's too late what she's doing.. just make sure you say your goodbyes. Sounds pretty mobid, but it's best to be prepared.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:57 PM   #22  
Starting Fresh

I just got back from another visit, she looks the same but she is sooo much better in spirts! She was laughing with me and smiling, and I could understand almost everything of what she was saying We had a nice little visit. I called my grandpa and told him how much better she seemed to be feeling and he noticed it to I know she may not have long, I have accepted that, but I am going to go there everyday that I can and hope she gets better. My dad always said she lives for her grandchildren and when I was talking with my grandpa he thanked me for going and says he thinks it may be helping her. She just needs to eat!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:18 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

So I got on the scale this morning, and it's showing a 1 pound GAIN! I guess I kinda let things slide the past couple of days.. but I REFUSE to change my ticker! Especially since I ate so late last night, I usually find if there isn't much time between when I last eat and go to sleep I weigh more in the morning. And mostly I refuse to change my ticker because I showed a 1 pound loss on Wednesday... k, how was that for long winded?

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote