Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-02-2006, 11:11 AM   #1  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

Default Starving and Not Hungry

I cant think of anything else but the 51 minutes until I can get my lunch. I dont think I am genuinely hungry, but I feel ravenous. I want to eat everything. I eat every 3 hours, so I ate at 8 and I will eat at 11. This is what I do every day... and usually I am watching the clock a little in this last hour, but today it is really bad.

I am trying to read the board to distract myself, but Im running out of new stuff to read!! So I decided to share my frustration. I wish there was something that could get my mind off these obsessive thoughts. I really dont think Im actually hungry.

What do yall tell yourselves to make the thoughts stop?
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:15 AM   #2  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

I just keep reading even if its a old post...lol I want the clock on my computer to go away....lol
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #3  
mostly harmless

I was having that problem this weekend. I kept watching the clock like crazy, feeling like an addict needing a fix.

Try drinking water. I often get thirst and hunger confused.
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:43 PM   #4  
On a mission to succeed!

S/C/G: 222/210/140

Smile

I was just going to suggest the same thing - drink some water, or maybe a diet soda or something with 0 calories.

I wish I knew why this happens, there are times in the month that I am more hungry than others. Maybe it has to do with our "time" or something. If anyone can answer that, it would be appreciated!
hunniebabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Or even if you snack on baby carrots, those a pretty low cal, and the crunching is sometimes rewarding. I've had those days where it seems like I can't eat enough, so I'll eat more often and MORE food, but the food tends to be low cal, low fat things like fruit, veggies, FF yogurt, and I'll make a HUGE stirfry with tons of veggies and brown rice (which is almost FF).

I echo the gals above... water, water, water!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:29 PM   #6  
BLB

S/C/G: 192/192/132

this is going to sound completely ridiculous to most, but here it goes anyways. When i wake up, i can tell right away if its going to be a good day or a bad day. If i know it will be a really bad day with regard to binging, i stay away from food all together. I fast, and just suck down liquids. If i start eating i can't stop. If i eat a small portion, i WILL be more hungary than if i had eaten NOTHING at all. Its an endless battle for me, and i am more frustrated than ever.

Sorry- Had to vent!
BLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:03 PM   #7  

I know exactly what you mean - I am terrible at "wanting to eat" even when I know I'm not hungry! I eat breakfast when I get to work about 9am, have a cup of soup at 10.30 to keep me going til lunch, eat lunch around 12 - 12.30, then have a snack around 3pm. The time between these meals just draggggggs!!! Luckily I have enough willpower that I never give in to the "wanting to eat" - I know that my mealtimes are my mealtimes and that's it - I don't even contemplate the idea of actually eating something that I haven't planned. But oh, do I clock watch!! I think it's just cos I'm a bit bored at work.

I have been like this ever since I first started counting WW points eight years ago - before that, I never was, but now I think it's because I know I can't just go and buy a chocolate bar or whatever like I did before - so I have to wait for my next on-plan meal or snack. But it is worth it - being 137 pounds and having to wait for mealtimes as opposed to being 30 pounds heavier and eating when I want? Give me the 137 pounds any day!!!

So yeah, I do sympathise!
september141979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:26 PM   #8  
Finding Me

When i first started this... that's all i thought about after i had one meal i started planning my snack or the next meal...then I realized, this isn't how I want to be. Sure... there are days when you are more hungry then the rest of the days or when you feel like one bite will lead to eating the whole thing, I still have days like that. But it's days like that ...when I just stop what I am doing for a minute and ask myself what is more important to me? Food is like a fix...the gratification is instant... the feeling of euphora (for some) is wonderful, but then it's gone...leaving you feeling so so terrible and out of control. I hate that feeling more then anything. It's idle time that makes you constantly think of eating ...just stop for a minute...breath...gather your thoughts ...and focus on something you like... and again drink lots and lots of WATER!!! lol
Lost_here84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:24 AM   #9  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

I agree with all the ladies, WATER......also like they have said, keep healthy snacks nearby. Not only by your desk, in your purse, in your car, etc. That way if temptation shows it's ugly face, you'll be ready.

Lots of Luck!

*Flady*
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 03:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/141/125

Well...thought I would throw in my two cents for what it's worth. I'm of a different opinion than the "drink water" general concensus. I can definately agree that drinking water or diet coke helps but to me if I know I am going to be eating in an hour and I'm absolutely starving...I think that it gets worse and worse. I like to have healthy snacks because otherwise when it comes time to eat I'm not going to binge. Cut up fruit and vegetables helps or Crispy Mini's. I think the best thing is to always rate your hunger on a 1-10 scale. 1 being not hungry and 10 being absolutely starving. I think that you should always eat around a 6 or 7 so if you get there before it's time to eat it's probably a good idea to have a snack. Does that makes sense?
KriWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:09 AM   #11  

What are you eating? Are you eating foods that fill you? Focus on whole grains, oatmeal, salads, veggies, etc. because you can eat a lot of those without gaining weight.
chrmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:15 PM   #12  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

Those are good tips, thanks. Yeah being bored is not good for the eater in me.

I am veggie (have been for abt 19 years) and I eat soy products, salads, cheese, wheat, stuff like that.
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote