Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-28-2006, 12:30 PM   #1  

Default I know I shouldn't be....but I am bummed

So I weighed in today, and I was shocked and disappointed because I lost .8. Now, I know a loss is a loss, but my scale yesterday said 188.2, this morning 190.2...and to top it off WW scale said 190.4. I wanted to meet this goal of mine so bad (to get into the 180's). I went to the Sharks game last night and was an angel, food wise, I worked out all week, but I did have a salty soup yesterday. Anyway, I know I shouldn't complain but it just sucks to work that hard for not even a pound, especially when I have over 30 left to lose. Is this what the future is going to look like? Am I going to have to fight for every ounce????

Oh, and to top it off, my bf has lost over 8 pounds in 3 weeks by crash dieting 3 days out of the week. I know it wont last, but it's really irritating since that 8 pounds took me 2 months.....RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr .
Infrogwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:34 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

26 pounds is amazing!

I worked so hard for TWO WEEKS and I lost nothing. It happens. When I first started dieting I worked hard for FIVE weeks before the scale dropped. It doesn't happen over night.

Yesterday I got the scale and it was down for the first time in two weeks. 199.8. This morning it says 200.4. It is totally normal. Sure it is frustrating. I rented a treadmill April 1. And have used on average 4-6 times a week for at least one hour a day since I got it. Since then, I have lost barley 3 pounds. Sure I am frustrated but I know I am getting healthy and the slower it comes off the more likely it is to stay off and the less likely I am to have extra skin. Slower is better even if it is frustrating.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrogwetrust
Is this what the future is going to look like?
Probably. Weight loss can be a long, slow, frustrating journey.

Quote:
Am I going to have to fight for every ounce????
Probably. In my case, the last 10 lbs were spectacularly difficult to lose and it took longer to lose the last 10 lbs than the initial 50 lb weight loss (7 months to lose 50 lbs, 9 more months to lose the last 13 lbs).

Settle in for the long haul. No matter how long it takes, it is worth it. If you have made healthy changes (more exercise, more water, more vegetables, more fruit, more lean protein, more sleep) you are doing great things for yourself every day even if the scale doesn't go down like you want it to.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:51 PM   #4  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Hang in there I know just how you feel! We're about the same weight and I was in the 180's for about 5 minutes and then gained 3 lbs! I've now started losing again, but it seems to take FOR EVER to get down into the 180's.

The same thing happened when I went from the 200's to the 190's and I thought I'd never see 199!

I know it can be so frustrating, don't get discouraged. Keep doing what you're doing and the scale will start moving in the right direction again. See you in the 180's soon!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:57 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpal
The same thing happened when I went from the 200's to the 190's and I thought I'd never see 199!
Argh! I know that one! I thought I was gonna see 199 over a week ago! I have been stuck at 201 for about two weeks now. Yesterday (like I mentioned) I did see 199.8! Hopefully I can see that again tomorrow morning
Old 04-28-2006, 12:58 PM   #6  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical
Argh! I know that one! I thought I was gonna see 199 over a week ago! I have been stuck at 201 for about two weeks now. Yesterday (like I mentioned) I did see 199.8! Hopefully I can see that again tomorrow morning
It's like the scale is tormenting me - now you see it - now you dont!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/110/110

I can relate. My first week dieting I loss 1 stinky pound while others were dropping between 5-13 pounds. I thought I would be losing lots of water weight. Nope not me. But I accept I am making lifestye changes for the long term. It will be slow and steady but, you, me and all us will all get to our goals as long as we stay focus.
alwaysbelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

yes....it is frustrating isn't it??!! i know. i am lucky and do generally see at least a pound a week come off. but like penpal says...now you see it...now you don't. i saw 167 this morning, but i bet tomorrow morning i won't!! but as long as i saw it today...i know it is there. and that keeps me motivated. i have come to terms with the fact that my weight will flucuate 3 pounds on any given day. depending on if i have eaten alot that day...if i have drank alot...ate much salt...or heaven's forbid...if i have done #2 (for search of a better term...hehehe).

anyways, you will see the loss. and women tend to always lose slower than men. i know it's not fair...but that seems to be the way it is. just don't give up hope. as long as you are making changes in your life and getting excersize...you will see the end results. i am trying to have patience. i had hoped to be skinny by july 4th...but guess what....i won't be. i'll probably be in the 150's by then, and some may think that is skinny...but i don't think it is on me.

just keep your chin up and it will happen. Remember...Rome wasn't built in a day!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:22 PM   #9  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

I've been hovering around 230 for well over a month now, since mid-March. Every time I think I've seen the last of the 230s, here it comes again, like a bad penny. Just like it did again, today, after 8 days floating between 227 and 229.

I can't tell you how incredibly frustrated, ticked off, discouraged, angry, you name it, I am about this. I just want to throttle someone. Or more accurately, I want to throttle my own body for being so uncooperative! I've lost all motivation, enthusiasm and desire to continue, etc., because with no payoff, what's the point?

And yet, for some reason, I can't seem to bring myself to go on a food-fest! Still eating pretty clean and staying between 1,400 and 1,600 calories a day most days. But it's getting harder and harder to get motivated to do any exercise because it doesn't seem to be worth the effort. I HATE exercise because I absolutely HATE getting sweaty, especially if I'm not seeing any result. Haven't done any deliberate exercise today yet. I'll probably guilt myself into it at some point, but what fun is a life filled with guilt?

I really dislike this.
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:25 PM   #10  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpal
It's like the scale is tormenting me - now you see it - now you dont!
It is like a MAGIC SHOW! People pay good money for that!
Old 04-28-2006, 02:24 PM   #11  
210 / 193 / 140

Quote:
Oh, and to top it off, my bf has lost over 8 pounds in 3 weeks by crash dieting 3 days out of the week. I know it wont last, but it's really irritating since that 8 pounds took me 2 months.....
There are several things going on here:

1) Men have more lean muscle mass than women, so they burn calories faster. That's simply a fact.

2) The weight lost from short-term crash dieting is usually mostly water. He probably has as almost as much excess fat on his body as he did when he started.

3) Crash dieting tricks the body into thinking you're starving, which sooner or later has the rebound effect of making you gain weight even faster.

In short, your BF wasn't doing himself any favors. You, on the other hand, have a lot to look forward to, because you're losing weight the right way. Please don't get discouraged by the little ups and downs in the scale. In fact, put your scale away for a few weeks if it's getting you upset, and concentrate on enjoying your fitness routine and your healthy foods. The weight will come off, if you're patient with yourself.
Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:15 PM   #12  

Thank you all for your support. I know all this is true, and as the day goes on I feel better and better. I KNOW next week I will be there next week. And I know there is no point in giving up, because it only gets better and better. We can all do this...we just have to keep going. I've gotten so many compliments...those are hard to ignore. Thanks ladies!
Infrogwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:34 PM   #13  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Just dont give up! I didnt lose for 4 WEEKS! Not one pound. But I kept working out and kept eating right and since then I've lost another 6 pounds. That was only 2 weeks ago. It will happen. It has too. : )
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:52 PM   #14  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

You are doing great and have lost 26 lbs. so stick with it. The weight will eventually come off. It seems that I have done the exact same thing with pretty much all of my 10 lb. increments and it made me want to quit. I never did give up and I'm very glad that I didn't. Good Luck
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:13 AM   #15  

About the boyfriend thing, guys have more muscle than us so they lose weight faster.

So Unfair!
inter_stella is offline   Reply With Quote