Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-28-2006, 08:05 AM   #16  

thanks quirky
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:55 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

good luck to ya sweat pea. i know when i was unhappy in my relationship i didn't want to have sex. now that i'm out of that relationship and losing weight...i am feeling much more energetic and my libido has definately inproved. i love having sex now. but i know that doesn't help you out any does it?? sorry. but i definately think excersize has some to do with libido. and self confidence has alot to do with it too. i still get uncomfortable being naked around a guy but i feel more comfortable putting myself in that position. hehehe.

anyways...i hope your doc can help. and i definately suggest excersize. i believe excersize makes the world a better place to be...or at least a more tolerable place to be.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:09 PM   #18  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hi there!
Some holistic nutritionalists claim the symptoms of low levels of the essential nutrients zinc and manganese include decreased libido. You can get plenty of zinc naturally if you increase your consumption of liver (a personal YUCK from me!) and lean beef tenderloin and sesame/pumpkin seeds and low-fat yogort: you can get manganese naturally through pineapple (fresh) and spinach and oatmeal made through whole oats (i.e. not instant oatmeal). I might try to supplement my diet with these natural sources and see what happens.
Good luck!
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:27 PM   #19  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I've never had a sex drive. Not a thing. I know exactly what you mean when you say it's not exactly something you bring up on a first date... and for that reason I've been happily single for the past six or so years.

For a while I thought that it was just a self-esteem/body image issue and that if I lost weight things would change. But they didn't. In fact, it was the opposite. The thing that was stopping me losing weight before was actually a sub-conscious fear of change - once i accepted myself as I am, and realised that I didn't need a sex drive or partner to have a fulfilling life, I just got things into gear and the weight dropped off.

I'm happy with the situation at the moment, so I'm not sure I have any advice about how to deal with your situation other than to let you know that you're not the only one. At the moment I tend to take the view that maybe if I meet the right person, something will spark. But if that doesn't happen, I have more than enough fab stuff going on in my life not to spend it waiting for something that I'm not sure I want.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:07 PM   #20  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

I have been married for 3 going on 4 years now with 2 kids. I feel bad for my hubby sometimes because I too have no sex drive. I believe mine is because I have such a low self esteem and because Im soo tired at the end of the day.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:07 PM   #21  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

My sex drive has improved a little with my weight loss. Usually I am just tired and would rather sleep. I can remember times in my life of going 3 or 4 yrs. without sex and not really missing it. My current husband seems to want it a lot more than I do, but I can usually be coaxed into it. I think their are a lot of women with a low sex drive.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:36 AM   #22  

i have had periods of high sex drive but i know i've had periods of low sex drive even when i was slim so that's a tough one

i looked at those minerals. i think i have a lot of zinc in my diet but possibly not manganese
Old 04-29-2006, 12:39 AM   #23  

Talking that sounds a bit like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by YP1
I've never had a sex drive. Not a thing. I know exactly what you mean when you say it's not exactly something you bring up on a first date... and for that reason I've been happily single for the past six or so years.

For a while I thought that it was just a self-esteem/body image issue and that if I lost weight things would change. But they didn't. In fact, it was the opposite. The thing that was stopping me losing weight before was actually a sub-conscious fear of change - once i accepted myself as I am, and realised that I didn't need a sex drive or partner to have a fulfilling life, I just got things into gear and the weight dropped off.

I'm happy with the situation at the moment, so I'm not sure I have any advice about how to deal with your situation other than to let you know that you're not the only one. At the moment I tend to take the view that maybe if I meet the right person, something will spark. But if that doesn't happen, I have more than enough fab stuff going on in my life not to spend it waiting for something that I'm not sure I want.
i don't think it is self esteem. maybe other fears about change or being involved or commitment could feature. and as i said above i have had periods of high sex drive. other than 5 mths i have been on my own for 15 yrs. it's time for a change. possibly anxiety and expectations are affecting my sex drive