3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I'm becoming a pear!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/82393-im-becoming-pear.html)

lessthansign3 04-23-2006 01:16 PM

I'm becoming a pear!!

I'm really happy with the weight I've lost, but my problem is that I've lost it all up top. I decided to try taking my measurements this morning. My waist, at its skinniest point, is 26 inches. My hips are still around 39 inches. Has anyone else had this difficulty? It's just weird that I've lost so much weight and yet I haven't gone down a dress size, really. Although my pants fit better or are often too baggy, the next size down just doesn't fit yet. I know I need to keep sticking it out, of course.

It's just kinda sad. Yeah.

hotnewspirits 04-23-2006 01:25 PM

I've lost quite a bit of weight and although I know my overall bust size has gone down I'm still a triple D! although double D's fit better I know I'm not quite there yet.

I'm just looking forward to the day when I can buy a bra at a normal store and not a special boutique.

LadyFirelyght 04-23-2006 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotnewspirits
I've lost quite a bit of weight and although I know my overall bust size has gone down I'm still a triple D! although double D's fit better I know I'm not quite there yet.

I'm just looking forward to the day when I can buy a bra at a normal store and not a special boutique.

I'd be more than willing to take some of that load off of you :P Even at my highest weight (185 lbs) I was only a B-cup. I think I'll have no boobs left once I reach my goal weight.

So far, I seem to be losing almost no weight from up top. I had HUGE hips (probably around 45" vs 39" bust which hasn't changed), most definitely a pear... but now things are starting to even out. 39 1/2" hips, 39" bust. Everybody's built differently, just gotta work what ya got :D

veggielover 04-23-2006 03:45 PM

Hahahaha I'm with Lydia on this one. My chest gets smaller and my waist isn't anything smaller than it was before. I have the worst figure because its not even shapely (30 bust-26 waist-33 hips) its just ODD. I would LOVE a pear shaped figure, like Norah Jones or Selma Hayek or somebody like that type.

LeslieFM 04-23-2006 04:03 PM

I'm an apple.....skinny legs, avg. butt and fat tummy. I lose weight everywhere except in the middle, which always bumps me up one size in clothes, because most women have a waist........

lilybelle 04-23-2006 07:31 PM

Leslie, I'm the same as you. I haven't lost anything in the bust except inches around. Still a DD. My tummy is bigger than my hips. It is 34 inches and hips are 31. I can wear a size 4 jeans in the ones that fasten below umbilicus. So, I look like my hips and legs are very skinny but belly isn't. I just try to find shirts that flatter, but it is hard. Oh well, I'll just take whatever I can get, I sure look a lot better than I did at 234 lbs.

Ready2ShedLBS 04-23-2006 10:51 PM

i have an hourglass shape.. and while that may seem ideal.. its hard that find clothes that fit because the waist is so much smaller that the hips and butt!

crisco1 04-23-2006 11:21 PM

I am proportionately fat all over! My biggest problem is what I call my flap which is my penace for having a child at 39! It won't go away like it did when I had her old brother 15 years prior to her.