Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-22-2006, 02:07 PM   #16  

Height: 5'8.5"

Welcome Carmen and Barb... and any others who are new! Yes this forum is a fantastic place to get support and be able to encourage others in their journey all at the same time. And LOL it's FREE even! Glad to have you.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 02:53 PM   #17  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Wink

WOW Misti ~ You're doing so good, you're almost to your third ten pound goal! Before you know it, you'll be to your final goal! WAY TO GO!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 05:44 PM   #18  
momma's boy **Harley**

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Thanks to everyone that welcomed me. I feel very at home here. Looking forward to making friends.

I had to e-mail my buddy earlier and confess that I had slipped and had sweet pickles and pound cake - no I am not pregnant. Not sure why I had that combination - probably wanted something crunchy and sweet. It tasted good, but afterwards, I had a moment of asking myself why I just did that. Not going to let it ruin my day even more and get me off track even further.

RM - I think that salad yesterday was so bad becasue of those dagum quesadillas that came on the side. Bet that packed on the calories - I ate half of mine - did not even think about it.

Tomorrow will be a new day!

My brother called earlier and invited us over (DH, me and two DS) tomorrow to cook out and ride his new wave runner (he lives right off the beach) and told me to bring my suit because I WAS riding it. I was like " I don't think you want to see me in a bathing suit". I have not seen my brother in a while (which is pretty sad because he only lives 45 minutes away) and he has never seen me this size (16/18). I have always been a 11/12. I have been hiding my weight gain from my family for a while now, but looks like tomorrow will be a difficult day for me. They still love me I know because I am still the same person inside, I just have a hard time with them seeing me like this since I have just let myself go the last few years. My DB and SIL are very fit active people. I can't hide behind this fat forever - this is why I want it gone. I will let you know how it goes.

Have a good weekend everybody. (sorry this ended up to be so long)
fatback324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 05:55 PM   #19  
Chicky

S/C/G: 250/155.2/130

Height: 5'6.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubensMuse
Ok I have a question....have any of you ladies that say have/had more than 50 pounds to lose try any of the Turbo Jam or similar DVD's?
I mean those ladies that jump and kick that are size 6 don't have the jiggle factor someone size 20...gimme your thoughts
I have. I wear exercise clothes when I work out to help with the jiggle. I've been doing it almost everyday for more than a month and now I can get through each workout without stopping. I just got the new workouts, so now I have to learn those.
SupersizedChicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 06:47 PM   #20  

Hi Carmen

Well you are facing what all of us here have had to face to get us motivated and started! We don't like looking this way and care enough to do something about it! We all wish it could happen overnight, but all we can do is just get going and not beat ourselves up over the past! You are on the right track, so don't even think any more about the pickles and pound cake (ewwwwwwwwwww)

You might want to get yourself involved in some of the challenges here. They sure do keep me moving and feeling supported! It's great to TALK about it and that is an important part of 3FC too... but LOL the challenge threads get our butts out there DOING something about it!
Old 04-22-2006, 07:35 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 186/172/130

Height: 5.0

Default hey there, just jumping in

fairly new here also. have about 55-60 lbs to lose.
looking forward to getting to know you all! good luck!
hugs
tracyg
tracyg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 07:37 PM   #22  

Hi Tracy... glad you jumped in. Jumping is SUCH good exercise!

I look forward to getting to know you.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:41 PM   #23  
Buggin' with Pugs

Hey ladies....it is my Monday weigh day and I thought I was going to hurl...I so did NOT want to get on the scale....last week was not good and I did not eat the best and I did not walk everyday and....well...no big loss, but enough.. 1.5 pounds, but I am sure it could have been more if could have zipped my lips and kept them off bad food choices.

Anyway, I walked this AM and plan on doing so again tonight. I went to Curves and don't think I would like it. I am not crazy about the ring-around-the-rosey thing and honestly, found it annoying that I was looking right at another person working out across from me. I mean heck, i KNOW my body jiggles, I don't need to look in someone elses eyes to see that. The girl across from my (about 40 pounds heavier) looked totally embarrassed. Tha made ME uncomfortable and it felt a little violating. This could just be me...but I will opt for another exercise source.

Michelle~ Sorry if this is a dumb questions but what is WATP??? Anyone know anythign about the Firm??
RubensMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:50 PM   #24  
Buggin' with Pugs

Carmen! Woman, just make it a goal that the NEXT time you see the Bro you show a loss, no matter how small. Please don't think that you have let yourself "go" either. You have a VERY busy life and missing meals and poor choices when you do eat are a side effect of that. Just work at making the changes easy and routine. WATER WATER WATER!!!! Don't forget the water!! No not the kind you jet ski on, but the drinking kind.

and Tracy (giggle my name is Tracey too!)

Misti, thanks for the pep talk to the ladies, helped me too...i have some 'adjustments' of my own to do.

I want to see 20 pounds off soon!!! I mean that is only 3 more pounds, then I am out of the 30's for the first time in 10 years!!!!!

too all of us trying so doggone hard!!!
Old 04-24-2006, 09:54 PM   #25  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Welcome. I haven't tried the dvd's you mentioned. I am still using my Aunt's old Richard Simmons "sweatin to the oldies" tapes. They do get me a movin and a sweating. Don't think just cause someones a size 6 that they don't jiggle. I still jiggle. If my boobs weren't firmly holstered up they'd blacken my thighs or knock me in the head. Belly jiggles too. But, I've lost 80 lbs. and am doing the best I can. Good luck and you have come to the right place to get the support that you need.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 10:17 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellerp
WOW Misti ~ You're doing so good, you're almost to your third ten pound goal!
LOL what timing! I AM at my third ten pound goal and just posted my victory message! Thanks for your cheers... same back atcha!!!

Yay Michelle Yay Michelle

in Seattle
Old 04-25-2006, 07:50 AM   #27  
Buggin' with Pugs

Supersized~~~ Are you enjoying the tapes??? How difficult would you say they are for a plumpy one like me?? I have more tummy than I'd like, so I would think that would be by biggest 'bendable' issue.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:43 AM   #28  
Buggin' with Pugs

Turbo Jam!!!! I got and is on the way!! I think I am excited, though I know this is going to be tough work! With all the walking I have been doing for the last month, I would think I could do this. I know I will have to move some furniture around though. Our temporary place is pretty small and I am no graceful swan. I can see the pugs running for their life now!!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 01:38 PM   #29  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

The thing about the exercise videos is to keep in mind that you just need to do the best you can at first. You might not be able to move and do everything that the tiny people do, but you can do your best, and that's enough. You'll get a little better every time.

Just as a "for instance", I started doing crunches in January, and could only manage about 20 or 30, doing 5-10 at a time. In the past couple of weeks, mid-April, I am up to 200, doing 25 at a time. Or when I started stretching I couldn't even reach my ankles, and now I can almost (sooooo close it irks me!) reach my toes. I am going to the Success forum and post a giant NSV when I finally get even a flake of fingernail onto any single toe!

Anyway, don't worry if you can't keep up today. You'll get a little better every day and will soon be leaving others in the dust!

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:46 PM   #30  
I restore Teeth.

I love the adorable pugs! I hope to have one, one day!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote