Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-20-2006, 09:24 AM   #16  

couple things i want to emphasize

1-because of your age you could get very good results, starting at 13 is alot better than 35
2-any thyroid problems?
3-it will take time, you say you want to loose it fast-realistically it will take around a year and a half to loose that weight the right way, and not overdo it and burn out. However if you do something every weekday and rest two days a week its the best option. Being fit and healty at 16-17 in highschool, aim for that, and you will look great. Consistency not intensity is the key here.
4-i believe about 70% of weight loss should come from the diet and 30% from exercise, dont overlook the diet, but treat yourself once in a while (as in once or twice per week in small amounts) with some chocolate or whatever you like.

good luck
ROFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:02 PM   #17  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

Hi Litelle! Kudos to you for making the decision to make some changes in your life - creating good habits now will benefit you for the rest of your life. I focused mostly on changing my eating habits to begin with - I gained my weight even though i was really active. I know you said you don't eat fatty foods, but it could be that the quantity of what you'rea eating has contributed to the weight. It might be a good idea to track what you regularly eat for a week or so - you might be surprised. I know I always thought I ate really well and i was shocked to find out that even though I didn't eat much junk food, I was eating WAY too much in general. As for your parents - maybe it would be a good idea to have you and your parents visit a dietician together, so they can understand what you need to be doing, and so that they realize that pushing you too hard isn't going to help. I also suggest a dietician because you're young, and if you're going to work out a lot you might need specific nutrients. All in all, though, it sounds like you've got a good handle on this - I hope to see you on the successes board soon!
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 09:49 PM   #18  
BLB

S/C/G: 192/192/132

congrats... i know its the excersise that makes the big difference. Keep us posted, the gym is where i really need to be!...
BLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:27 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 147/141.5/120

Height: 5'3

Don't forget to get enough sleep! Getting a good rest is crutial to avoid weight gain. And it's good to do cardio every day, you don't have to hit the gym for that, it can simply be a nice walk with the dog or a frisbee game with a friend or sibling-- as long as you're moving! But for weight training, do it every other day, your muscles need to rest too to become stronger, don't over do it or you'll injure yourself. Oh and one more thing, I noticed a lot of people go insane on the workouts they do for thier ab area. 400 crunches a day isn't going to help them be flat. Your abdominals are just like any other muscle, would you do 400 biscep curls for your arms? Hope these helped, good luck and no matter what, don't give up! The hardest part in losing weight is starting.
Kelendria_Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:31 AM   #20  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Great start, Litelle, I'm proud of you. Wishing you the Best.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:14 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 230/187/150

Height: 5'7

Cool

ive lost like 9 pounds within my week spring break xO i dont feel as tired anymore when i walk to school because im kind of use to it it may seem extreme, but im very strict with this diet and weight loss thing. Im tired of just trying for one day and then giving up the next but i do treat myself in a way, just looking through clothes that ill someday wear haha and with the diet thing, i eat what i need to eat that wuld keep me satisfied. sooooooo dont think otherwise x.x

Oh yea answering the dietician thing, i never listened because im fed up with every1 telling me the same thing i can be stubborn and i learn things the hard way sadly >< but now im doing this for many reasons some I find funny in an evil way ill note it with a muahaha

1. my health
2. Brothers wedding in 2008 x.x im a Jr Bridesmaid =.=
3.my mom promised to buy me new clothes which i get to pick out if i keep it up muahahahah
4. Graduation in June
5 . last but not least SM reunion next year (SM is like the advanced classes in my school "Science and Math Academy") newho im hoping to reach my goal weight by then, and ill want every1 to stare and be like WHO THE F*** IS SHE?!? and ill be like YOU JUST GOT PUNKED!!!! ROAR fun fun fun muahahaha

just thinking of it makes me feel so hyped up, noe what i mean?
and being fit by 16-17 ;/ welllllllllllllllll i also lose the weight by next year before summer in particular. NO NOT BECAUSE OF THE BEACH! buuuuuuttttt because my Highschool that im going to has 8 floors and during summer time :/ i dont wanna be dragging myself up the stairs with my weight
almost litelle is offline   Reply With Quote