Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-12-2006, 12:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/260/175

Unhappy I am new and need support!

Yesterday, my husband told me that I needed to lose weight and he feels I am less attractive. It made me feel really bad.

I just had 2 children in 2 years and put on 85 pounds.

I have always had a problem with my weight and the only way I have ever been able to lose a significant amount of weight is by cutting out all carbs from my diet. I really didnt want to have to restrict myself so much because it makes it so hard to keep the weight off.

Oh well, just looking for support and a pat on the back!

Thanks for listening!!
MJBurlison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #2  
9.95 + S & H

Sorry your feelings got hurt. You don't have to cut out carbs to lose weight! Look around here, there's lots of good information for you. Good luck-you can do this!

Kathy
PsycoPhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:10 PM   #3  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Hey!!!!!!
Do you have a fitday acc? www.fitday.com
It a good way to keep up with your cals....

Hang in there. Look around and you will fit right in.

We are all with you!!!! You can do this!!!! Show him that you can do this...
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:25 PM   #4  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

I would cut cals before I cut carbs. Just my opinion!

i know it hurt your feelings to have your husband tell you that.

My fiancee kinda did the opposite. Over the holidays, I went a little crazy and put 10lbs on. I was like "Im gaining weight" He was like " NO YOU ARENT WHATEVER" I say, thats not what the scale says. So I start losing the weight again, and I have lost like 5lbs and he all the sudden says, well you are looking thinner, your sides are going in now, they were going like this, *drawing straight lines with his hands* Made me angry because when I knew I was gaining weight he acted like I was ridiculous when he KNEW it was true. Men. They are so clueless.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

I read your post and out of curiosity, I took a glance at your profile. Wow! I have to commend you on the number of children you have! However, that makes me even more upset about what your husband said to you. I'm always amazed at any woman who can give birth to even one child and lose the weight. I'm not at that point in my life yet, but I'm sort of dreading it when the time comes partly for that reason. I'm sure you're husband is a wonderful guy, but he needs a reality check. Granted, I don't know him, but I have to imagine that he's let himself go a bit, and he didn't have to pop out any kids.

Anyway, I'll stop ranting about that. If you plan to lose weight, I'm sure you know that you have to do it for yourself and no one else. As PsychoPhat posted, there is a wealth of information on this site and there are lots of encouraging and helpful people. I agree that it's not absolutely necessary to cut out carbs completely. I focus more on calories, but I don't let myself have carbs every day. Having only healthy/nutritious foods in the house is a huge help. If your husband wants you to lose weight, then maybe he can also cut out some of the pizza, cakes, and cookies from his diet. That way he could be more of a source of positive support rather than negative criticism, which never helps. I would also suggest that you let your husband know how much his words hurt you; he may have intended to be helpful without realizing how he was affecting you. I wish you the best of luck!
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

If it's support you're looking for, you've come to the right place.
I'm another advocate of calories counting. Fitday.com is an awesome tool.
Remember ... it's eat less and move more!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:41 PM   #7  
9.95 + S & H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2ShedLBS
I would cut cals before I cut carbs. Just my opinion!

i know it hurt your feelings to have your husband tell you that.

My fiancee kinda did the opposite. Over the holidays, I went a little crazy and put 10lbs on. I was like "Im gaining weight" He was like " NO YOU ARENT WHATEVER" I say, thats not what the scale says. So I start losing the weight again, and I have lost like 5lbs and he all the sudden says, well you are looking thinner, your sides are going in now, they were going like this, *drawing straight lines with his hands* Made me angry because when I knew I was gaining weight he acted like I was ridiculous when he KNEW it was true. Men. They are so clueless.
My hubby is the same way! I was sorting out some clothes and found a pair of shorts that were a size 8. I stormed outside held them up and said "I used to fit into these!" (keep in mind I'm a size 18 at this point) and he looks confused and said "You can't now?" Bless his heart, he says he can't tell I'm gaining weight, but I know he can.
PsycoPhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:57 PM   #8  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2ShedLBS

Haha! Men, they always want to appease us even If we know theyre lying!!!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:30 PM   #9  
mostly harmless

Losing weight takes such ferocious commitment that you have to do it for yourself, not for anyone else.
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote