Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-12-2006, 07:42 AM   #16  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720
[COLOR=Indigo]haha, my plateau that I mentioned (nearly 3 months) was at about 280 pounds--definitely not anywhere near my goal!
Hmmmm, that's a long time. Perhaps you were eating too many calories?
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:43 AM   #17  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle
LOL believe me... I certainly never meant to be taken as freaking out nor placing myself on a serious plateau.
Well, honey, you sounded like you were so we were just offering some comforting good news that you're not really on a plateau yet
Old 04-12-2006, 07:58 AM   #18  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL, oh okay, whatever. If I was freaking out there would not have been a smiley face in the message.

And I don't care what "they" say. It's MY fat and I want it off!!! And I'll get it off if I have to BEAT it off!!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 04-12-2006 at 08:04 AM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:05 AM   #19  
LLV

I didn't say you were freaking out

Believe me, I know how it feels. But you're doing great, be proud of what you've accomplished so far.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:07 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
I didn't say you were freaking out
>>>Now, freaking out over not losing anything after one or two weeks, yes, that's a little extreme and not necessary.<<<

Anyway, doesn't matter... Today is a whole new day!!! Let's go do it!!
Old 04-12-2006, 08:10 AM   #21  

Misti, stay off the scale! Go by how your clothes fit. Remember that once a month all bets are off. That is the hardest time for me because even my face bloats up. WHen you see that everything is tight and you feel like crap, it is certainly hard to stay on your program.
crisco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:12 AM   #22  

Oh no, not a chance I will stay off the scale LOL. And yesterday I did wear a blouse to work that had been tight before and now is really big... I just kept pulling it out all day to see the "extra" LOL. I can't stand to stay off the scale... tried that, gotta KNOW!! Anyway I am fine... was just a moment of frustration LOL
Old 04-12-2006, 08:26 AM   #23  
LLV

Quote:
>>>Now, freaking out over not losing anything after one or two weeks, yes, that's a little extreme and not necessary.<<<

Anyway, doesn't matter... Today is a whole new day!!! Let's go do it!!
Well, I was sort of quoting Jill.

I'm sorry, you seem to have taken my posts to you personally and that wasn't my intention.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:30 AM   #24  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
Hmmmm, that's a long time. Perhaps you were eating too many calories?
Nope...I was around 1200 calories a day. I had been losing steadily at that amount previously, but I think my body settled into my routine. I increased to nearly 1600 a day and lost 10 pounds within a month
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:30 AM   #25  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

Iam next in Line for a fit !!!!!! lol.....

I been working out watching my food,,,,stay away from pop and as much as I can from sweets.....and YET I still cant make it below 166!! Been there for 3 weeks!!!!!

I want it gone now....!!!!!!!!

Ok I feel better now .....ty !! hehehehe
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:43 AM   #26  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720
Nope...I was around 1200 calories a day. I had been losing steadily at that amount previously, but I think my body settled into my routine. I increased to nearly 1600 a day and lost 10 pounds within a month
Yep, that's what I've been trying to do, increase my calories a little bit. But I was 140 this morning. So I'm stuck again, bouncing up and down between 138 and 140.

Pooey!

I don't know whether to continue with the increased calories or go ahead and drop myself below 1200.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:50 AM   #27  

LOL Linda... no problem, really

Jasmin, hope you get over your "fit" soon!

Those long drawn out plateaus can drive us NUTS... LOL I am still hoping for another pound today!!
Old 04-12-2006, 08:53 AM   #28  
LLV

Quote:
LOL Linda... no problem, really
Okay

I just didn't want to think I'd hurt your feelings or anything because I certainly wasn't trying to.

On forward!
Old 04-12-2006, 10:39 AM   #29  
Julia Havey

How to break through a dreaded “plateau”!

I wish that someone would print up bumper stickers that read “Plateaus Happen!” Why? Because they do happen! Plateaus are as natural to weight loss as baby teeth are to humans…they are just a part of the process and you can’t circumvent them and expect to get the same results.

To best bust through the plateaus of our dieting lives, we must first understand what they are. A plateau is a period of time during which the scale isn’t moving. Well, if you look at it that way, from the moment you reach your goal weight and maintain that weight loss; you would be “plateau-ing”, that wouldn’t be such a bad thing in that context, would it? I don’t think it would be terribly upsetting to most people.

However, the dreaded plateau is actually when a person is “dieting” and the scale isn’t budging. I find this a very interesting phenomenon and one that isn’t usually as it appears.

Most often when a reader complains to me that they have hit a plateau, what I find out in conversation with them is that they haven’t been sticking to their healthy resolves 100%. I think that we must be honest with ourselves before declaring that we are stuck at a plateau—if you aren’t doing it all 100% healthfully, you aren’t at a plateau!

However, if you are following your chosen healthful eating plan, you are busting your worst vices and you are drinking water, getting in your recommended exercise AND you aren’t realizing any changes on the scale, then you may indeed be in a plateau! If that is your situation there is hope!

What is going on is that your body is stabilizing or adjusting to your current regime and is comfortable at the weight you are. It may be that the weight you are at is what your body will be able to easily maintain given your current regime. Take a look and analyze your condition; do you like your shape, do you like the size you are wearing, the foods you are eating…if so, you may just want to keep doing what you are doing and make this your permanent level of fitness and your healthy lifestyle—for the rest of and best of your life.

On the other hand, if you would still like to realize a bit more weight loss then what is required is to hit it up a notch and kick it into higher gear! It may mean shaving off a few more carbs, adding another raw fruit or veggie to your diet or increasing the intensity and or duration of your workouts—both cardio and weight training.

Think of it this way, if you are driving a car up hill and you aren’t really moving; you can either keep things moving along as they are, or you can give it some gas and rev up your engine and move more quickly. With weight loss, that is all a plateau really is, your body needing a bit more gas (not that kind of gas!) and power.

Gas=healthy foods
Power=muscle

It’s that simple! Now, get moving and bust that plateau or congrats, you are “there”…enjoy your healthy new life. Either way, YOU win!

Julia Havey
JuliaHavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:52 AM   #30  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaHavey
It’s that simple!
hahaha, simple is the LAST word I would use to describe weight loss or plateaus It all sounds good in theory, but then again, so did Communism, and we see how well that worked out
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote