Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2006, 06:34 AM   #1  

Default Skinny Jeans!!

Hello all,

Okay so last night I finally mustered up the courage to venture into the deep dark recesses of my closet and actually pull out 2 pairs of jeans that I havent worn in like 5 years...actually to be honest I dont even think they fit the day I bought them as I am sure that I never tried them on in the dreaded changing rooms with 3 way mirrors...you know what im talking about. So anyway, I started out my diet at 304lbs in January...I am 5'9" so my excuse was that I carried the weight well...barf...as of this morning I am 252lbs. So at my heaviest I was getting tight in a size 24..my size 22 jeans I can almost pull right off me now so I thought I would gain the courage to try on the dreaded SKINNY JEANS. I was so afraid...which sounds ridiculous..but I had to rationalize with myself that if my 22's are that loose then I must be at least able to fit into a 20 or EVEN with gods will a 18? I sound like such a moron...but even as I put my legs in I was terrified of failure...what if they dont fit? What if I am kidding myself and all this weight loss means nothing and I still am not at the stage where I can start changing my clothes and the way I look. Even though within myself I know I look totally different now then I did in January.

Needless to say, I took the plunge...and....THEY FIT!!! I was screaming and crying like an idiot. I fit into my size 20's which by the way still had the tag on them...and I was so pumped by that ..that I tried on my flared pair of old navy low rise 20's....which fit like they are an 18. BUT THEY FIT TOO. THey are a little snug but I couldnt believe that I got in them and that is the first time in my entire life that I have ever had on low rise jeans. My goal is to get to a size 12-14. Im sure this sounds silly to a lot of people with less weight to lose but it is a moment that I was really proud of my weight loss and I was so pumped that I would see and fit into results. So for anyone who needs encouragement....THE SKINNY JEANS ARE WORTH IT!!!
Glasgowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 06:42 AM   #2  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Congratulations - well worth the effort, huh?
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:43 AM   #3  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

I'm so happy for you! YOU HAVE LOST OVER 50 POUNDS!!! Do you know how incredible you are? At the very least you have inspired me to stay on track today. Thanks. I absolutely know, and love the feeling of getting the SKINNY JEANS to finally fit. One of the best feelings in the world. Enjoy!
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:47 AM   #4  

Congratulations - it's always such a great feeling for the old clothes to get loose and to fit in a smaller size! I'm excited for you and I plan to be moving down a size or two here before long. Keep it up!
poohshunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:53 AM   #5  

Glasgowgirl, Congrats! what a great feeling that is! I don't hold too much to the scale. If I step on it every day and it doesn't move day to day, then I am more likely to binge. I go by the way my clothes fit!
crisco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:19 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

WELL DONE!

Hooray for skinny jeans
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:27 AM   #7  

Glasgowgirl, I just want to say congratulations!!!! That is awesome news!! I also want you to know that you are very inspiring, I came online this morning feeling really guilty b/c I had really messed up this weekend. I now feel inpsired and I'd like to thank you for that!
Chanty1483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:08 AM   #8  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have given away my 20s and now My 16s are getting big....I cant wait for the 14s to get big...lol

Keep up the good work. You will be in the 14s before you know it and they will look great on you.......
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on getting into the skinny jeans!! That's awesome! I can totally relate to the power of the skinny jeans...I told myself that when I get down to my goal weight the first thing I'm going to do is go get some nice new jeans!!
lovemygordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:46 PM   #10  
The change I want to see.

S/C/G: 250/239/150

Congrats!!! What a wonderful way to start a week, eh?

I'm looking forward to getting back into my size 20's...So you are very inspiring for me.

Peace and Strength,
Jenn
Jynical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:01 PM   #11  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Way To Go

I have my skinny jeans setting on my dresser and I know it will be around a year before I get into them but I so love my skinny jeans. They are the real reason I decided to get back on the wagon, I found them a couple of weeks ago and had to sit down and have a good cry about what I have done to myself. But I told myself "It can be fixed and you are the only one that can do it, so DO IT!!"
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote