Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-09-2006, 05:52 PM   #16  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jackyl
LOL I was thinking about this little mini safe we have that has a padlock on it and he has the only key maybe that would keep me from them
It certainly would help him understand how seriously you need help to keep this stuff away from you at home.

I was thinking about your predicament all day. It reminded me of the times when I tried to eat healthier only to have my husband suddenly announce that he wanted to go to Hardees for breakfast with me.. insisted I go even if I was only going to have coffee.. hmm.... maybe the two of them (my husband and yours) need to be locked in your little safe. Is there enough room?
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:34 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks for all the great advice, I do have strong willpower but when theres nothing to eat in the house but junk then it gets hard, its either starve or eat the junk..... Im getting my way finally and am going to be doing the shopping from now on.
Lady Jackyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 11:42 PM   #18  

Height: 5'8.5"

Well yes you DO need to make sure there is plenty of good, healthful stuff for you too! Wise for you to do your own shopping, even if someone else does some too!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:28 PM   #19  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

If he has to have the food make sure he takes it with him to work. However, I would mention to him that you love him and you are doing this not only for yourself but for him as well and you would hope that he loved you enough to not buy this food.

I have found that people who want me to eat bad stuff are only wanting me to eat it so they feel okay about eating it. I just do not tell people I am changing my eating habbits so I do not have a problem. Only you wonderful people know about my change. And can you beleive not one person has notice a weight change yet. That is okay, I know I am doing great becuase I feel better. I just wish that darn scale would go down. heheheh
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:43 PM   #20  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I know how hard it is when my boyfriend cooks himself up a big plate of something I love. Usually I ask for a bite (sometimes I get one – lol); however, he doesn’t push the food on me – if anything he goes YOU CAN’T EAT THAT. I have no problem having the food in my house – if he wants to eat it – that is his choice. I can’t just hide away from my problems I have to face them and I would rather face it now then after I lose my weight to just gain it back. I don’t care if the weight comes off a little bit slower because I had a bite of his hamburger and chips – but I want to learn to live with it now.

That’s my thoughts. My mom is a recovering alcoholic and even right after she got out of treatment (not even a year ago) she would go and buy wine or whatever for other people in the house. And she said to me – I am not going to make everyone else suffer for my problems. I admire her and believe that if she can do that – that I can deal with my food problems. If she can sit there and have a glass of water while everyone around her drinks wine – I can eat my salad while everyone around me eats their burgers.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 01:46 PM   #21  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

This is why I have a small store of good stuff at work and I do "my" shopping alone. My DH has nothing to do with my losing weight. I told him along time ago. "I am doing this for me, and me alone" He just has to deal with what ever I buy. If he dont like something....he know the way to town.....He can get something to eat there...
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 01:48 PM   #22  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

One more thing.

I have found out that when my people dont have anything to eat like snacks or the run out of their bread They dont have a problem with eating my food. So you could just buy all the good food and not get any of the junk food...They would never know the difference.......lol
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #23  
mostly harmless

It doesn't bother me to have food in the house that I can't/won't eat. I still have to exercise self control on the foods I DO eat, so it's not like I can relax and munch on anything in sight. I count the calories of EVERYTHING I put in my mouth, so excessive amounts of any food just isn't going to happen. It doesn't matter whether it's ice cream or biscuits, chocolate candy or a can of beans. I have to log those calories no matter what the food is, so I just don't eat without thinking. Some days I need to eat more for some reason, but I always log the calories and keep track of what I ate. There is no more mindless snacking for me.
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 03:53 PM   #24  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

I am with those who can not have it in the house. If there is ice cream or chocolate in the house I WILL eat it. It may just be a nibble, but nibbles add up. So I say, keep it out of the house
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote