Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-04-2006, 05:40 AM   #1  

Default Disappointed I dont see any change

I have lost 35 pounds, but I still dont see any changes I khow that I have lost inches but I still look fat and my face is huge.
I am just disappointed I mean losing 35 pounds and see no changes.
My family and friends says that they see changes but when I look at my pictures I still look huge and not slim as I want to.

[/url]

Last edited by Samgerifan; 04-04-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Samgerifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 06:21 AM   #2  

I know exactly what you mean. - 22 pounds and I still look the same Sometimes I feel that my friends and family are telling me that I look thinner not becaude they really do see a difference but just because they see how much effort I'm putting into it and how hard I'm working to lose weight!
BornConfuzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:30 AM   #3  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

If your clothes are looser then you know there is a change....since we see ourselves everyday, its harder for us to notice the difference... you might want to take an older picture of you (before you lost the weight) and take a new picture of you and compare them side by side...you may want to pose the same in the new picture so you can make a good comparison....I am sure you will tell a difference.
Alaynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

i'm down almost 25 pounds and am having a hard time seeing a difference. i know some of my clothes fit looser. one pair of jeans i had to go buy a belt to keep them up, but that's because they are mid-rise jeans. they fall off my hips. i also realize that my "upper" belly is smaller, because the shirt in my avatar fits much better than when i bought it a year ago. a year ago, i refused to wear it. now, when i put it on this past friday, i felt much more confident in it. (even got me a date in it) but, i don't really feel like i can see any difference. people at work are always telling me how good i am looking. even the guy who asked me out tells me how good i look. that he can tell i've lost weight. but i don't see it. when, or when, will i see the loss.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:22 AM   #5  
Getting healthy for her!

S/C/G: 320/274/150

I feel the same way. I have lost 35 pounds and can't really feel a difference. Everyonce in awhile I have a "skinny" day where I do feel thinner and healthier but right now those few & far between.
At last count I had lost almost 20 inches all over but yet, I can't really feel a difference. I only wear pants w/ elastic or drawstrings right now so its hard to tell if anything has changed in that dept.
No one has noticed that I have lost or asked me about it. No one but my husband even knows that I am trying. And he flat out told me I was lying when I said I had lost 20. So... so much for support there, lol.
Anyway, do as I do, just keep trucking along. Knowing that one day, all the hard work will catch up with us
healthy_wanna_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

i'm so sorry to hear you're not getting any support from home. thank goodness for this website. we are there for you babe. we will be your support. you are doing awesome!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:31 PM   #7  
Becca

S/C/G: 157.5/143/120

they'll all notice all at once time...like OMG you look different..you just
wait and see!!! Keep it up
beccafries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:13 PM   #8  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Well I feel that same as all of you. Ive lost 40 pounds and I dont really notice a change. I too feel people at work are just saying they see a difference because they know how hard Im trying. But we all have to remember the heavier we are the longer it's going to take to see a difference. I know Im getting smaller because I have gone down 2 pant sizes. It's just going to take awhile for me to actually see the difference. Keep it up! That day will come for all of us.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:56 PM   #9  
rethinking myself...

S/C/G: 276/256/175

Height: 5' 11"

I'm not the only one! I'm very close to losing 30 lbs and the weirdest part is that my measurements are mostly the same! My chest is a little smaller. My pants fit differently though, so I hope I'm losing it in my thighs or something. I just measure bust/hips/waist. I'd like to know where exactly it's coming off! It sure is true that it doesn't come off where you want it.

It's frustrating, but I am trying to focus on the differences I notice, like how I'm less tired and have more stamina while exercising. I've also started to see a little muscle definition in my arms (although the flab is still there too!).

I've been trying to lose weight for 6 months, but I've only been regularly exercising for 1 month. I think if I can manage to stay motivated, surely I'll start to see the difference. I've lost almost exactly 10% of my weight so far, and all I can say is that I guess 10% might not be enough to notice right away.

I agree with Alaynna, pictures might be the best way to see it. I think I can see some loss in my face from pictures from 6 months ago to now. It's subtle, but I believe it's there. It IS hard for us to see ourselves changing since the change is so gradual.
kittymuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:06 PM   #10  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

I know how you feel, too! I have lost about 33 pounds now, and I could hardly tell at all. I've definitely lost inches, and my clothes fit much looser now, but just by LOOKING at myself, I couldn't see the difference.

BUT...

Today was my first day back in my aerobics class after one whole week off for Spring Break. So, the last time I saw myself in that mirror was over a week ago. Today, I actually DID notice. I actually thought..."hmmm. that isn't so bad, after all..." of course I still have a very long way to go, but I'm getting closer to how I want to look, anyway.

Keep it up! You're always harder on yourself than anyone else, and it's really difficult to see the small changes happenning in your body when you see your own body every day. If other people are noticing, then it's working, even if you don't see it yourself!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote