3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   What is the thing you want to do most? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/80673-what-thing-you-want-do-most.html)

scrappinRN 04-03-2006 09:37 AM

What is the thing you want to do most?

I want to fit into a pair of pants(without tie or elastic) without being uncomfortable.And I also want to feel comfortable when I walk into a room again.:smug: .What do you want?

sierra_ttw 04-03-2006 09:57 AM

I want to do a triathlon by this time next year - I don't want to worry about placing, but I want to finish it, preferably not by crossing the finish line in an ambulance after collapsing!

Kashi 04-03-2006 10:26 AM

To comfortably cross my legs.

StrawberryDragon 04-03-2006 10:29 AM

What I Want...

I want to be an inspiration to my children. I want them to know that all things are possible, and that they can do anything through their own strength and will power.

Goodbye Chubby 04-03-2006 10:49 AM

I want to be able to buy clothes just because I like them, and not have to worry about whether it will be flattering or hide this part of me and camoflauge that part of me. I want my personal sense of style to no longer be hindered by my body type.

Elektralite 04-03-2006 11:40 AM

I want to look good in tight jeans and be able to go horseback riding again.

El

da fat n da furious 04-03-2006 01:30 PM

I want to be able to buy clothes in the regular sizes.

sli 04-03-2006 01:53 PM

I want to be able to buy clothes that I like not the clothes I have to buy. I want my kids and husband to be proud of me and last but not least I want to be able to turn heads again in a positive way!

Sheila53 04-03-2006 02:49 PM

I want to complete a 5K run sometime this spring or summer.

And to all of you who want to shop in regular size stores, I will say that it was absolutely wonderful when I started doing that. (Actually, the biggest thrill was finding stuff at consignment stores--it fit and was a bargain, too!) It's a worthy goal, IMHO. I also love being able to throw all the plus-sized catalogs away without even looking at them. :)

lumifan4ever 04-03-2006 03:08 PM

to feel good about my body. i want to be able to strip off my clothes in front of my mate and not feel like i need to wear something around my waist to hid my budda belly!!! :)

(i'm sure i should be shooting for real goals of better health, or making my kids proud, or completeing marathons, but feeling good in my own body is really what i want)

shananigans 04-03-2006 03:39 PM

I would love to be able to do a pull up. I honestly can’t recall ever being able to do one, and that might give me the confidence boost to take up some serious rock climbing. Someday…

Lady Jackyl 04-03-2006 03:48 PM

I want to buy a pair of hip hugger jeans and look good in them :)

jillybean720 04-03-2006 03:54 PM

To go to an amusement park and ride all the rides without fear of not fiting in the seat/restraint. That is my first goal. After that, definitely to be able to buy clothes in ALL stores instead of just those that cater to plus sizes :^:

Rosario 04-03-2006 04:04 PM

I want to wear a skirt without a sweater (covering up my bulges).

futureSkinnyB 04-03-2006 04:33 PM

I want to be able to buy the cute little peasant tops. I want to NOT be the fat friend..and I want to be someone my girls aren't embrassed to be seen with in the mall!

aerotigergirl 04-03-2006 04:53 PM

I really want to be able to wear tank tops without fear of making people vomit. :)

I really want to be able to shop wherever I want.

I really want to feel good about myself in a bathing suit.

I really want to be someone that other people think is attractive (this is horribly shallow, probably, but it would just be nice to feel like people weren't grossed out by me, but thought I was somewhat nice-looking...)

Katyan 04-03-2006 04:56 PM

I want to be able to wear a skirt in summer without having my thighs rub together and get sore

princess_pudgey 04-03-2006 06:14 PM

I would like to take up hip hop dancing....

I went to a class once but when I saw my wobbly reflection in the full length mirrors trying to bust-a-move amongst georgous lean dancers.... well, lets just say I Haven't been back

:cheer: ( this is what i want to do)

cherrykissez011 04-03-2006 07:37 PM

I want to: look good in jeans (no buldge), feel confident, and turn heads : ) i've noticed lately when im driving i get lots of looks from guys in cars, but they cant tell how big i am when all they see is the shoulders up and i carry most of my weight on my bottom half. A plus to lossing 30 lbs is that i dont have a double chin anymore (unlike my avatar picture, im planning on changing it soon) So that def is boosting my confidence!

maegdaeien 04-03-2006 08:16 PM

I want to fit into size 12 jeans. Most women can do that quite easily when they're 170 or less, but even though I'm almost 5'8" my hips are gigantic and I have to be 155 or under. Then I'll be able to shop at places like Express and the Limited, where 12 is the biggest size they carry!

PandyCat 04-03-2006 09:27 PM

I want to wear skirts and dresses without wearing spandex shorts underneath so that my inner thighs won't rub together and chafe.

I want to participate in winter guard next season and not have to worry about what the uniform will be and whether or not it will make me look huge.

I want to walk around on campus and not feel like I stick out because I'm so much bigger than all the other girls.

and finally, I want to walk down the aisle in a beautiful wedding dress and feel amazing on my wedding day! (Oct 6, 2007).

Jayde 04-03-2006 09:44 PM

I want to be able to trust myself enough to enjoy life...

I'm working on it but I know I have a long way to go before I can say taking care of myself is second nature.

Wearing a smaller pant size would be a boost to set me on my way.. ;)

Ready2ShedLBS 04-03-2006 11:49 PM

I want to be a size 5 and be tight enough to feel comfy with my inner thighs in a bathing suit.

I want to wear a bikni because I never have, but that wont be possible until I have a tummy tuck * loose skin, aint that a bit...:censored:* Two kids and weight 260lbs when you are 5'4 does a number on the skin. Im lucky its as tight as it is.. I have about 2-3inches of loose hangy skin.

yalondah 04-04-2006 12:43 PM

What dont i want? I want to be able to be able to change cloths infront of my hubby wiht out being imbarrassed, i want to be able to wear throw back skirts without having my fat legs rubbing together, and most of all i want my self esteem, my self confidence and my pride back.

LLV 04-04-2006 12:59 PM

Just be happy with myself.

hotnewspirits 04-04-2006 01:16 PM

be able to buy pretty bras!

I carry all my weight up top and I hate having to buy 'granny' bras, or pay huge fees for bras bought at special boutiques that cater to the top heavy.

I've had these babies since I was 14 and I've definetly learned to love 'em but I wish I could gift wrap them better for those who get to take a peek ;)

lilybelle 04-04-2006 02:35 PM

I want to be at a healthy weight with BMI less than 24. I want to qualify for a liver transplant now that I am healthier. I want to send all my Lane Bryant catalogs to my sweet sister, who could use them now. I want to have a healthier life in general and be around to see my children marry and have me some beautiful grandchildren.

Ciarra 04-04-2006 02:47 PM

I want to be healthy and to look healthy. Not too skinny but not big either. Currently my loss has been disproportionate. My bottom half is a size 12! My top is huge. Hoping that will come down soon and I don't look so lopsided.

lexiesark 04-04-2006 04:24 PM

I'd like to feel more confident about myself, look more marketable for job hunting, be able to buy cute clothes - anywhere, and be quicker on the tennis court!

kittymuse 04-04-2006 05:02 PM

Oof! Marketable for job hunting... I hear you there. Sometimes I wonder if that is why I have had several interviews and then never heard anything even though I keep calling to follow up.

PeeB 04-16-2006 12:59 PM

I am in the crowd of those hoping for cute clothes and double takes!! I cant wait. It feels so good to look good.

I also like the way I feel when I am strong. I like that when I am invited to do things that require physical endurance or strength, I can join in with everyone else and dont have to be embarrassed and have to say no because I CANT do it.

OMG I didnt know other people wore shorts under their skirts so their thighs dont chafe!!!!!! I HATE HAVING TO DO THAT but you know what? Unfortunately, Im not ever going to be able to stop that. When I weighed 115 (Im 5'3 1/2") as a teen they still did that. I carry weight there and I think its the way they are positioned, the way my pelvis is, they sit narrow together.

It is one thing that would drive me to have some sort of lipo... getting that rubbing to stop. I went walking in the park with a guy yesterday in a skirt and am paying for it today. And it hurt the whole time it was happening and I couldnt say anything and he wanted to go further and further UGH! :^: I would have worn under-shorts but I didnt plan to stop and walk that much. I hate that I cant look forward to an end to that.

Safiyah_is_Fluffy 04-16-2006 04:36 PM

I agreed with Jilly, amusement parks are a nightmare for the bigger crowd, I would also like to buy the absolutely gorgeous clothes that are in style and not have to worry about how it will look because I will look awesome!!!

another reason two words kama sutra ;)

nicolbw 04-16-2006 04:51 PM

I just want to finally be happy about my body after being overweight since the 3rd grade. Shopping in stores with regular sizes is definately something I'm looking forward to and will be reaching that before I know it.

I also want to be in better shape so I can do physical things with my family like play soccer, tag, or hide and seek.

Margarita 04-16-2006 05:53 PM

I want a lot of things (more energy, being able to buy pretty clothes, avoiding certain health risks) but if I had to pick just one, well, I think it'd be nice to be able to go to a meeting and not look around to see if I'm the fattest woman there... or worse yet, the only fat person of either sex in the whole room. I'm working toward the day when I no longer have to think about that at all.

collegechick 04-18-2006 06:36 PM

My goal is to look absolutly fabulous in the wedding gown that i fantasize about every single day! I still probably have 3 years till i get to wear it sooo i should be looking great by then! :D

healthyme05 04-19-2006 12:28 AM

To run 2+ miles nonstop and not get so tired so easily.

Rubiehart 04-19-2006 01:01 AM

You want to know what i want???

I want to be able to shop wherever i want. I want to be able to show my fashion sense to the world. I am tired of all these beautiful thin girls...haveing clothing faux pas. I want to teach 'em! (i am into fashion design)

I want to be show the people that i put me down, that i can!

I want to most importantly, feel great and not think about how fat i am...or how bad i look in this or that.

There are many things...I want what all of you want too. From better bra's to feeling good.

JasonsLea 04-19-2006 01:31 AM

I want to be happy.

morrigan 04-19-2006 03:18 AM

I would really like to fit into rental scuba gear. I hate going into a shop and only being able to wear the XXL (which is sized for a 6'5" man) and then missing the trip and going back disappointed.

Of course, even when I get to goal, I may find the problems is being short and not just being out of proportion and short.

SupersizedChicky 04-19-2006 04:12 AM

I want to be able to buy anything I want from the Gap.
I want the smallest size at Lane Bryant to be huge on me.
I want to be able to ride all the rides at Disneyland.
I want to walk into a store and have several attractive men hit on me.
I want to be light enough to pick up.
I want to feel more confortable in a tiny two seat convertable.
I want to have a BMI in the normal range.
I want to feel good about my body.