Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-23-2006, 03:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198 (HW) 183 (SW) / 180 / 150

Angry Don't read unless you want to hear a woman whine about TOM

Okay I know it has been said like one billion times before but I just want about 3 inches of cyberspace to say I am HATING THIS PERIOD, TOM, AUNT FLOW or AUNT JEMIMA whatever you want to call it. I want to eat EVERYTHING, and anything including small snively children. It doesn't matter if they taste gross, or won't fill me, I will move onto horses next!

I am not grumpy or moody, just HUNGRY. And maybe this fine constant state of famine is what makes me moody, hey it does for skinny celebrities, they look grumpy.

Just want it to go AWAY and don't return. It is bad enough that it gets its very own cotton accessories, must we have the starvation factor too?

The scale is of course up to 184 :shock: and my official weigh in day is tomorrow morning. I am already up to 1200 calories and it is only 2 pm. Not good. I am planning on going home and doing The Firm aerobic series, sorta like the idea of pushing my body in retaliation to this hunger <insert wicked evil laugh here>.

Okay thanks for letting me use up valuable minutes of your life by reading this

All sorts of warm and fuzzy now?

LOL - Me
Sassy8877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 04:19 PM   #2  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

You are to funny.....I needed to read this with the day I am haveing....ty
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 05:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

You poor girl. Tell Aunt Flo to pack her granny bag and boot her butt to the curb. (I know I wish it was that easy)

I had the worst cravings the last time she visited and let me tell you I caved in and it was the best tasting pop tart ever. Ok, maybe that wasn't the warm fuzzy that you were looking for.
BeatlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:30 PM   #4  
Sweet Success

Hmmmmmm warm and Fuzzy

Yep TOM is visiting me to. That JERK!!!!

I am feeling hungry right now BUT!!!! That is because it is almost my dinner time.

All I can think about is how cold North Texas is today.
The weather did not feel like this last week. Here I was ready for spring.

Wow. I am not motivated for much of anything.

I feel quite numb today. Diffidently not Warm & Fuzzy!
FeistyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:40 PM   #5  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Anyone see that tampon commerical that says *it rocks being a girl*? I swear I was thinking the person who came up with that needed to be smacked up side the head.
I used to get migraines 3 days before up till the day of TOM, and with that being sick to my stomach. Didn't eat...but I ohhh so made up for that the rest of the week once I wasn't feeling sick.

Sassy, sorry but I so enjoyed reading your post, you pretty much wrote out the feelings I used to have.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:56 PM   #6  

I feel the same way. I just can't stop thinking about, and craving food. I get it about a week before TOM arrives. !@# hormones!
Hey Jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:12 PM   #7  
Want to be thin!

S/C/G: 156/146/140

Height: 5'6"

Yup, here too. Aunt Flo is on her way out the door. She's been here all week..... the bi*ch. Good riddance I say.

Let me know how you like The Firm. I'm thinking about getting one of the packages but I can't decide which one. I don't think I want to get the Transfirmer system because of my bad knees. Do they all use the step/box?? Been reading reviews, etc. so I'd like to decide soon.

How do you like it so far?

Last edited by feelingroovy; 03-24-2006 at 12:20 AM.
feelingroovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:53 AM   #8  
mmm nutella

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

argh I know how you feel!

does the scale go up for you guys before your period or after you get it? I find the scale creeps up a few pounds a few days before (extreme bloat!) and doesn't go down until like day 3 of my period. and if I've been good and didn't give into pre menstrual cravings it would go down even further.
hotnewspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:01 AM   #9  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Yea I did not have any lost till the week after "she" left......
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Exactly how much are women supposed to handle?! We have our lives-- work, classes, family and friends-- and then we have to deal with fluxuating hormones, cramps, bloating, and all the other horrors of TOM. But we're supposed to be worried about diets and exercising TOO?!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:46 AM   #11  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

I hate TOM too, I can't wait till menopause. I'm already starting to swell up in preparation for next week. The hunger I can sympathise with, I get mad cravings for everything bad for me during my period week.

And ya, the ad person who came up with the tampon commercial does indeed need a slap upside the head.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 198 (HW) 183 (SW) / 180 / 150

Ahhhh you guys are GREAT! The cravings are much better today and so maybe I won't eat the little children. Or maybe it was all the wine that made it better LOL heck I am willing to give it a shot.

The Firm series review:

I actually rent the DVDs from my library, that way I can try them for free. So far all the ones I have tried DO require the step, but I just used a tall wooden step that I already had. We also have the rubbermaid one that others here have suggested works as well. You have to be a little more creative if you don't buy the system but it saved me $$ and I am ALL about that.

I use to be a pretty dedicated step aerobic girl, so this was building on something I already knew. But I found the moves easy to follow, but the intensity was SO MUCH more. Which for me was really great news - because I needed to really challange my body.

My boyfriend and I are taking weekly pictures to chart the progress. He does regular gym/weights and I am doing The Firm. This week was the first week and we took pictures this morning. I could actually SEE the difference in just one week!! I lost a bit of the back fat, and even some from the inner thighs. YEA those are hard areas for me to lose in.

Seeing that it is of course TOM I didn't see any difference on the scale (matter of fact I am up 4 lbs but refuse to move my ticker till after TOM) and there wasn't any difference in my waist measurements (I didn't take the others - I will tonight). But I don't mind all that because visually I could SEE a difference in my body. YES I am stoked about that.

I think it would be worth the investment if you are the type that will really stick to it, and like a tough kick-*** work-out. If you are looking for something a little easier and work you way into something like this, I would save your money for a bit.
Sassy8877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:40 PM   #13  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

I remember those horrible cravings!!! I dont miss them at all! Im on Depo, so I dont get TOM~ thank goodness!!

Hang in there!!!

Randee
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:30 PM   #14  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy8877
Just want it to go AWAY and don't return.
Hang in there! Eventually it does!!!! And I don't miss it!!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:55 PM   #15  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I've been dealing with TOM all week and the bloating since last week.
I'm so happy it's almost over. I get the headache about three days before TOM.

Sassy glad you're feeling better.

Wishing You The Best
Denise
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote