Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-18-2006, 08:35 PM   #1  

Default Help, I am slipping!

I really need some support. Some real, old fashioned support. I am going nuts. I am about to fall off the wagon and I am under a huge amount of stress, trapped in the house with two sick children, rainy weather, husband gone for a few days in our car, lots of family drama involving a recent death in the family. I am eating out of boredom and to relieve stress, and I haven't kept to my points in three weeks (I'm doing WW).

I need some help and support and I need it now! Is anyone there?
lulu777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:42 PM   #2  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm here, and you have my full support! Don't fall off the wagon, you're going to be okay! You'll feel so good about yourself if you stick with it! I'm sorry to hear that you all are going through a rough time right now! All the food in the world won't though...praying for you!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:54 PM   #3  
Going to ONEderland

I'm here too. Hang on. You can do this. Sit down and drink a cup of hot tea and try and breathe in a relaxed way. Slow your heart beat down, calm your nerves, concentrate on your breath. Listen to your body. Feel your tummy moving out gently with each in breath and pull yourself into a relaxed, calm state. Then when you are feeling calmer, pull the children into a story time. Calm them down and read to them or tell them a story. Once the stress you are feeling is gone and the children are calm, you may not feel so much like eating or ruining the progress you have made.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 09:06 PM   #4  

Arrow

You are aware that you are slipping and that's the good thing. You can refrain from falling off the wagon completely. So you slipped and fell, but you can always get up again. Right now I'm also facing what I may consider intolerable stress. Despite that losing weight adds more to what I already have on my plate, I still expect to lose my last 15 pounds, which I hesitantly believed were the hardest. You can do it, and know that If you find ways to cope with your slips now in such emotional and stressful situations, you will be able to take what you have learned and use it when you reach your goal and are in the maintenance stage. Don't quit.
Psychego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 10:04 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

===raising hand=== I'm here! So glad I came on right now and saw your "distress" call! Hang in there.... we all care and are here for you! Hang onto that wagon and don't slide off! You CAN do it!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 12:29 PM   #6  

Thank you, I am freaking out on the inside. I need as much support as possible to get me through this, and instead I am cut off from the world.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

You'll get through this. Staying on track will actually help you deal with all that's going on in your life. Best wishes.
getncontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:43 AM   #8  

Thank you for your help. I am starting fresh this morning. I think I gained back THREE POUNDS so let's nip it in the bud, as Barney Fife would say.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:31 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8.5"

Yay good for you Lulu! Glad you are back here up on the wagon with us again LOL; now hang on tightly this time!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:18 PM   #10  
DAC328

Just know you're not slipping alone! I think it's a plus you're aware when you're slipping. I guess we all are. I'm struggling to stay focused. Gained weight since getting married and having children. Now trying to lose it is horrible. My husband is an avid and well-accomplished athlete. Never critical of my weight, but I know he like it if I was slimmer and healthier. He loves me big or little, it's me that it's driving crazy. Good luck, Debbie Southern California, USA
dac328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 161/157/135

Height: 5'5.5"

Desire and determination ebb and flow -- just keep reminding yourself that this process is not about today or this week, but about the rest of your life. If you have a day you don't feel went well, it's okay!
Dianeofnka is offline   Reply With Quote