Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-16-2006, 04:25 PM   #1  

Default I'm gonna need your help to quit smoking!

Okay everyone! I am going to start this journey on Sunday. Saturday night will be my last cigerrette. I stated in my journal that I was going to quit today but the willpower wasn't in me today and I refuse to give up. the minutes felt like hours today as I was trying to quit..and I sort of caved in. So I have set another date to be this saturday night as being my last cigarette I will ever smoke again in my entire life. If anyone wants to join me on this you are more than welcome. I'm going to need all the help that I can get. I need to get through the first 72 hours to get the nicotine out of my system. I'm going to be screaming and crying and probably out of it for you tend to be in a fog the first 3 days to a week of quiting.

I know this is a weight loss forum, but I have noticed that there are so many wonderful people in here that can give me a kick in the butt when I need it and I'm going to need it starting saturday night. Anytime I feel like I can't handle it and I think I'm going to cave I'm going to come on here and post and hopefully keep myself accountable. I am sick of smoking and it is making me sick. My family has a history of heart attacks and diabetes.

Not only do I need to get this weight off, I need to quit smoking. I am afraid that it will interfere with my weight loss, but I also know that the sooner I quit smoking, the sooner I can full heartedly focus that much more on my weight. I'm scared about what I have done to my body already in the last 5 years since I have started smoking. I'm afraid because of it, I'm going to have health problems in the future..possibly even cancer.

It's really hard right now because my hubby is deployed for the second time and that in itself exhausts me. I worry about him so very much..but I can't let that affect me..instead I need to worry about taking care of myself. It feels like there is so much thrown in my face lately that it seems impossible to quit..but I am not going to let all these things get in my way of quitting. And besides, my hubby smokes too..and I can't quit with him here so this is the perfect time for me to do it so I can help him quit when he gets home. By then I should have a handle on the situation.

I''m sorry I'm rambling on. If you made it this far in this post then I applaud you...just giving everyone a heads up and if you want to quit with me..then lets do it! I will be sure to post again my time Saturday night after I have smoked my last one. So for at least 3 days I might drive everyone on these boards crazy ...but somehow I think that having your support and also being accountable for it on this forum is going to get me through those horrific first 3 days of nicotine withdrawal from ****! Thanks alot for listening.
cruisintolose is offline   Reply With Quote