Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-12-2006, 08:31 PM   #1  
Losing for Life!

Default Losing for April Fools! Wk 12, March 13,2006

WELCOME!

Losing for April Fools
Challenge Group!

We are a group of determined people who have set a goal to reach within the next 18 days (3 weeks).

Everyone is welcome to join in at anytime during the challenge. All you need to do is set a goal for yourself. It can be weight loss, exercise, or maintenance; whatever it is you need support and motivation for.

We are all here working hard to stay strong and motivated and supporting each other is the best way to do this. Come as often as you can, post as much as you can and make 2006 the year of health and happiness for you!

We will post a new thread each Monday.

It is a documented fact that people who set goals are the most successful. Goals give you long-term vision and short-term motivation. By setting sharp, clearly defined goals, you can measure and take pride in the achievement of those goals. You can see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless grind. By setting goals, you will also raise your self-confidence, as you recognize your ability and competence in achieving the goals that you have set.
(From Mind tools)

"Set your goals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.” Anonymous
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 08:40 PM   #2  
Losing for Life!

Well another week comes to an end and we have only 3 weeks left to go for this challenge.

I must say that I am impressed with everyones results, we have done a great job!

The losses this week bring our total to 392 pounds gone!

I think I may have forgotten to put a few numbers next to names last week, but I have the list all tidy and up to date so the numbers should be accurate now.

today I found this motivation and it really rang true for me,

The will to achieve

Do you have the will to achieve? You already have the necessary basic skills -- you have the ability to learn, you can think, make decisions and take action. The resources you need are out there. The knowledge and information you'll need can also be obtained.
The big question is this. Do you really want to achieve? When you decide you do, when you commit to making it happen, you can reach whatever goals you choose to pursue.
The biggest factor in your success is you. Knowledge, information, skills and resources all play a part, to be sure. Yet success hinges mostly on your will to make it happen. Without sufficient will, all the advantages in the world won't do you much good. With enough willpower, no obstacle can prevent you from achieving what you have decided to achieve.
Are you willing to make it happen? If you're not, you can be willing anytime you choose. It's a simple decision and it is up to you. Be willing, and your life can be whatever you decide it's going to be.
-- Ralph Marston
Old 03-12-2006, 09:59 PM   #3  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

Wow!!!! 3 more weeks left. I'm nervous I won't meet my goal. But that's okay. I am doing all I can and more to succeed with my weight loss. And I know if I don't meet my goal for this challenge then I will just do another goal for the next Well, everyone have a good night and post later.
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:48 AM   #4  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

I did not do that well this week end but I am going to get back out there and kick some butt!!!! I am working for my trip in May so I got to get a move on this thing........

I am going to be working hard on my goals
0miles down 30miles to go!!!
eat clean
1inch in lose every week untill my motorcycle trip.....
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

from the scales point of view, i went up 2 pounds. but i'm not counting that because of the cardio class i did on Friday and the fact that it is now my TOM!! so, closer to the end of the week, we'll see how things go.

i'm working on eating healthy. now if i can just get my calories up. with my meals planned out for the day, i am only up to 800 calories....and tonight is a gym night. so that is going to have to go up a couple more hundred.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 184/C/145

Hey girls,

Good job to everyone! It is great that we have been sticking by, and it is almost coming to goal time! I remember begining this lifestyle change and I was very motivated, but I feel the past couple of weeks, although I am doing ok, I am less motivated. What do you do to bost the motivation??

Jenn
jenn_mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:24 PM   #7  
bigmamatita

Another pound gone and more muscle moving in! What I do for motivation is read fitness magazines, my fav's are FITNESS & OXYGEN. I also look up different websites of interest. I have one in particular that involves bodybuilding. I enjoy seeing others' transformations as that is the biggest motivator. Check out bodyforlife-tracker.com they have some great motivating pics.Today is my upper body workout which I enjoy! Good luck everyone.
bigmamatita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:37 PM   #8  
Keep Going!!

S/C/G: 186/175.5/120

Hi everyone!

I got on the scales earlier and I have lost a mere 0.5lbs. I guess this is better than gaining and I wasn't super good with food or super active last week, but I'm a little disappointed

I am going to keep up the late night walking, it gives me a positve outlook for the next day and I feel great in the morning. To keep myself motivated, I re-read my weightloss journal entries and remind myself of why I am doing this. Or I look at photos of myself when I was slimmer and pictures from recently. Sadly enough, celebrity magazines are a real motivation for me, all the pictures of slender celebs and such.

Well, I hope everyone has a good week - I'm determined to work extra hard to make sure next monday's is a nice loss

Maria
xx
Maria_N120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

wow, i swear that is a good question....what do i do to stay motivated??? i don't really know. i am just trying to look at it as a health thing. and it is hard for me to say that because i soooooo badly want to be thin again. honestly, to see the one that got away and have his jaw drop open at my huge weight loss is what i guess really keeps me going. and the fact that i have alot of people looking up to me to lose the weight. i have two girls from the office who are walking with me at lunch and watching what they eat, my mom just started walking again because of me, and i have a friend from work who wants to go to the new gym i go to and i can't let her down. and i really want to be able to wear a bikini again. do i think about all these things when i go to stick a cookie in my mouth??? no. i just stick the cookie in my mouth and go on with my life. i tend to be leaving room in my menu that i have the extra 70 calories for that one girl scout cookie. and sometimes i do read my journal entries i have at home...not on the computer...i keep it in a book. because i can't really see any lose yet, i have to read about the pounds and inches i have lost. i haven't dropped a size yet. just fitting in my 16's better.

whew this is a longer post than i was expecting. i also have a trainer at the gym that i wouldn't want to disappoint if i don't show up 3 times a week to workout. and i am looking forward to getting stronger and doing more than one cardio class a week. but i'll start out with just one for awhile.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:18 PM   #10  
Working on Hot!

Me its just looking better.....I have been big so long I cant think of my self anyother way. So its really nice to say that I have a pair of 14s that I can get into now...something I have not been able to do in a long time.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:16 PM   #11  
Losing for Life!

For me I have let go of the word Diet which meant originally:

from Latin diaeta, way of living, from Greek diaita, to live one's life,

So what I do now is focus on eating healthy and getting exercise. I am no longer on a "Diet" to lose weight but to become healthy. So that takes a lot of the pressure off. I also think of what I am doing as renovating my body from the inside out.

This gives me a great deal of motivation as I don't want my body falling apart before I am finished with it!

I am also motivated by the challenges on this site, I feel I must make every effort to do my best for all of you and I also spend a great deal of time on the chat at Health Discovery. It is a great place where I have made some wonderful friends and we support and encourage each other every day.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:06 PM   #12  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

The #1 reason for me was cause I felt very uncomfortable in my own body, every time I moved and when I went to the doctors he told me my cholesteral was very high for my age(22) and I was over weight. So I knew if I did not want all the complacians then I better do something.
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:40 AM   #13  
Working on Hot!

2.5miles down 27.5 to go

Wake up ladies lets get moveing!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:15 AM   #14  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Talking

I am afarid I gained 6.5 pounds over the last two weeks. But I am NOT giving up. I am still going to do my best.
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:23 AM   #15  
Keep going Keep going

S/C/G: 240/191.5/150

I have lost a pound YES I thought I gained with all the malibu Bay breeze I had on Saturday

What keeps me motivated is a Picture I have from 2 years ago which I think I was 250. I have one at my desk and one at home keeps reminding me on how hard I have been trying.
NikM789 is offline   Reply With Quote