Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-09-2006, 04:17 PM   #1  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Default I'm sooo jealous (vent)

of everyone that has lost soooo much weight. Why can't I lose just a little? But at the same time I am very happy for everyone that has succeeded and/or is succeeding with their weight loss journey. I just get so discouraged...I think I'm doing everything right - exercising and watching my calories, but I don't ever loose any weight. For a long time my body fat percentage was going down so I was okay with not seeing the scale move...but here lately I don't even think I am having any luck with my body fat percent. (I don't really know because I'm afraid to go have it checked). I have been doing the same cardio for six months, so last month I changed it up to try to jump start my metabolism, but it doesn't seem to be making a difference. I even had my thyroid checked, in the past it has always been border line but have never been on meds and this last time it was check the doctor said the tests came back better than ever. (I guess maybe a benefit from all the exercising) I'm so tired of being over weight. The good side of all of the weight training is that I have all of these muscles that I have never had before but at the same time who would know besides me because they are all covered with fat. Sorry for the sobbing....I just needed to get it out and vent a little.
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198 (HW) 183 (SW) / 180 / 150

Do you have a FitDay journal? Often times it helps to have a fresh pair of eyes look at what you are eating and doing for exercise ... there is a LOT of really insightfull folks here who might be able to give you some helpfull tips on how to get that scale moving again.
Sassy8877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:37 PM   #3  
Carrie

I put my fitday on my page but I don't always input my exercising because I don't think fitday calculates it right. If I went by fitday I should have lost a ton of weight already. I do use it most day's to track my calories.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:42 PM   #4  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

You seem to be eating pretty well, but I suggest cutting out the fast food and cutting back on sugar intake. If you switch to more whole grain, low sugar or sugar free products, you might see better results. I hope that helps a little
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:46 PM   #5  

I think fitday has got your basal metabolic rate too high. I think that might be part of the problem.

I am a bit concerned about your nutrition - a lot of your food is quite processed and I wonder if you are hungry a lot. I also wonder if fitday got all your food right as well. I am not a fit day er, as I am in the UK and it's a pain, so I may be off base here totally.

Try reducing some of your processed foods, particularly breakfast, and replacing them with whole grains and dare I say more veggies. Also with your exercise try and shake that up. I do that every month or so, add swimming, yoga, walking (especially hills) try and keep motivated.

I think you're on the right track, things just need a wee bit of tweaking.

And try to concentrate on the fab things you have done already. You may not have had a scale loss, but you have done really well. I know it's hard. I have been at 199 for an age now, and it is difficult when everyone else is reporting a loss and you're just stuck stuck stuck.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:47 PM   #6  

Snap lessthansign3!!! We posted at the same time!!
Old 03-09-2006, 04:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198 (HW) 183 (SW) / 180 / 150

I noticed you are doing a lot of weight lifting. This is great exercise but remember the old addage that muscle weighs more than fat. Make sure you are taking your measurements because I wonder if you are dropping inches instead of pounds.
Sassy8877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:56 PM   #8  
Carrie

I know that breakfast is a culprit...but I'm always is such a hurry and always late to work so I have to just grab something on the way and it's usually not the best of choices. I've always been told anything for breakfast is better than nothing (I don't know if this is true or not). I really need to make a effort to take time for a good breakfast. I feel like I'm eating all of the time and therefore I don't get hungry. It hasn't been very hard to stay between 1200 and 1600 calories. I try to stay more toward 1200-1300 but slip up sometimes.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:57 PM   #9  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

you're in a size 12! that's amazing! it sounds like you've got a lot of muscle and the scales are just stubborn. If you've dropped from a 16 to a 12, you've changed your body a LOT, with or without the scale moving. Though I undestand your frustration with the scale, nonetheless. I'm hoping for a scale victory for you soon!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:00 PM   #10  
Carrie

I have dropped a few inches...not like you would think. Waist down three inches, hips down three inches and chest down 2 inches. Thighs and arms have stay about the same but are much more toned and can actually see the muscles but are still under layer of fat.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:04 PM   #11  

I missed your sig about the dress size changes!!!

I think you're right, any breaky is better than none. I am an annoying mornign person, who likes to jump up and make oatmeal at 5.30 before catching the bus at 6.30 to get to the pool before work. I kinda forget that I'm a bit of a freak.

Changing up your breakfast won't make *that* much difference, not enough to stress out over, so just ignore me
Old 03-09-2006, 05:39 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170?/130/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi hun, Ok you said bfst is a challenge for you. It is for me as well. I find that if I keep things in the fridge ready for me to take. like I will boil eggs and keep them peeled in a ziplock baggie and yogurt in the fridge and some fresh fruit. the night before put it together where it will be convinent. Then you can grab it and eat in the car or when you arrive at work. It will save time and money. And so much healthier. And really drink that water!! hope that helps a little.
amyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:21 PM   #13  

If I became a size 12 and didn't lose a pound, I would be the happiest girl alive! For breakfast, I eat at work. Oatmeal, yogurt, cottage cheese, things that are already messured. Try the 1point WW smoothies...Those are good on the run. No matter what, you have to keep at it, otherwise you are back in a 16. Slow and steady is the name of the game.
Infrogwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:04 PM   #14  

If it makes you feel any better you're not alone. I have been having the same problem but only for 2 months. I am doing very well calorie wise (1300-1600)and regularly exercising, cardio and heavy weights, and have had very little, if any, weight loss. I don't know my body fat % but I do know my body has been changing even without the proof on the scale. I take pictures weekly and can see myself shrinking, and I can see more definition, in my biceps at least, and I have lost a few inches.

How long has it been since you stopped seeing changes in your bf%? Perhaps it is a plateau and your body is just catching up with all the changes. I know most people talk about plateaus regarding a stall in weight loss but since you haven't been losing scale weight maybe this is your bodies version of a plateau. Just a thought. Anyway, good luck and I hope you see further progress soon!
holicanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:04 PM   #15  
Ilene the Bean

Firstly, you should be extremely proud of your accomplishments so far, going from a size 16 to 12 is no small feat...

You say you are muscular but still covered with fat, you must lose that fat in order to lose more weight and see those hard earned muscles. I had a look at your Fitday journal and IMHO I don't think you are being totally honest with what you are eating, I mean this in the nicest way too, because I see myself doing it all the time, and when I sit down and really get down to brass tacks and examine my lifestyle with a fine tooth comb I realize there are a LOT of changes I could do....

On March 8th you ate:
...Burrito with eggs, sausage, cheese and vegetables 1 McDonald's Breakfast Burrito (3.7 oz)
...Sweet and sour chicken or turkey 1 cup
...Almond chicken 1 cup
...Banana, raw 0.33 cup, NFS
...Milk, cow's, fluid, 2% fat 0.5 cup
...Strawberries, raw, with sugar 0.33 cup,
...Yogurt, fruit variety, NS as to type of milk 0.5 4.4 oz container 64 1 12 3
...Beef steak, fried, lean only eaten 1 small steak (yield after cooking, bone and fat removed)
...Rice pilaf 0.33 cup

I think you should be eating a LOT more real fresh veggies, like LARGE salads or stir fries, at at least 2 meals, leaner cuts of meats by sticking with chicken and fish broiled or poached with herbs, and unprocessed carbs like oatmeal, beans, brown rice. You only had one day in your Fitday journal so I had nothing to compare it too.

Are your workouts as intense as you can make them are you working on a perceived excertion of 8 or 9? If not step it up a notch...

Hope this helps...Keep us posted and be patient all good things take time ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote