Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-10-2006, 12:27 PM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri~C
Is it hard to lose weight?

I have been pondering this question for a few days now. Is it hard to lose weight? Something seems to have made us believe that it is a difficult thing to accomplish. That it will require tons of energy and time that we just don’t have.

Have we all just brainwashed ourselves into thinking that losing weight is something we cannot achieve because it is difficult? What is it about losing weight that you find hard?

I really would like to know what you feel makes losing weight a chore, difficult, hard whatever you want to call it. What is it that makes you put it off for another day, week month.

What is the number one reason that it is hard to lose weight or start a weight loss program?
Pondering? What’s to ponder? Of course it is not easy to lose weight! If it were easy, nobody would be overweight.
Nobody “makes me believe” anything. I can give you a list of things I personally know that make it difficult:
1. Doing nothing is always easier than doing something.
2. It takes time and effort most of us don’t have to exercise, to count the calories, to plan the meals, to shop for healthy ingredients out of which we still need time to prepare something that is not loaded in fat, sodium and sugar and still tastes good.
3. I have a full-time job and I go to school full-time trying to finish my degree. Between that and having a house to take care of, husband, homework, family… when do I do all the stuff in #2?
4. When I come home after a hard day I feel like I need to treat my self to a bit of R&R, not to punish my self with exercise.
5. Show me a person who says “It’s easy” and I’ll show you a person who is not giving you the whole story.
I’m not saying it’s impossible, in fact there are many people here on 3FC who had done it and done it successfully, but most of those who really had long-term success are likely to tell you that it is not easy. It takes hard work, determination, time and effort. That is why we put it off for another day, week, month. And that is why it is kind of insulting when someone says “Oh, it’s easy, just do it.”
NinaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:32 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

NinaV said something pretty profound .....
1. Doing nothing is always easier than doing something.

Might I also add that changing nothing is easier than changing something too?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:35 PM   #33  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

<<<<Stands and cheersssssssss
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 09:08 AM   #34  

Height: 5'8.5"

Fantastic message, Nina. Cheers to the comment

Nobody “makes me believe” anything.

Right on! It's our choice!!! And actually the truth is I eat much BETTER when I am bothering to make the effort to eat right... and I feel better when I am moving my butt instead of sitting on it.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:47 PM   #35  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

The hard thing for me was accepting that I really did look as bad and had as many health problems as my doctor said. After the chewing out that I took from him 9 months ago, I think anyone would have been able to stay on track. He was right though, I needed that swift kick in the butt to get me off my lazy butt and do something to improve my health. He's all praise now when I see him, I guess I wanted to prove to him and to myself that I could change my life.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote