Gained back 3 pounds - help!

• I have gained back a few pounds - the opposite of the direction I am trying to go. Was plateaued for several weeks before that and now have gained!! I would love to hear from anyone who plateaued, persevered, and started to lose again. Anybody??
  • Well, I haven't gained any back, but hey...just don't GIVE UP! No matter what, just keep doing what you're doing. It might even be from exercising! That's why I'm losing so slowly right now, I think...fat being converted into muscle!
  • Have you been sticking to your diet?

Do you workout regularly?

Could this be a "monthly" situation?

If you are counting calories, awesome....

If you are watching what you eat and working out, perhaps it is muscle growth.

Try not to get too bugged out over it. As long as you are continuing to do what it takes to lose weight, you will lose it. It takes time.
  • I don't have many plateaus, but have at least one or two occasions a month in which I gain weight (I unfortunately am a recovering binge eater) I just give myself some time (not too much!!) to refocus and recollect. I remind myself how far I've come and how incredibly stupid it would be if I gave up now and destroyed all of my hard work. I've now managed to get the refocusing down to a couple of days whereas before it'd taken me 4 or 5 days. Remind yourself about WHY you are doing this in the first place and how good it feels to see the numbers decrease and how awful it feels to see the numbers increase.
  • I'm having a tough time lately. I'm fighting for every half-pound drop, it seems. The fight has to do with food at night--it's being my downfall.

But I'm sticking with everything else and I'm still dropping, even though not very fast. My weight can fluctuate 3 pounds in a day, so I have to watch the long-term trend--weigh at the same time of day when I weigh, not weigh every day.

I just hope I can get the night-time eating under control again. It's so easy to add a couple hundred calories before I even know it.

The laws of physics! If calories in are more than calories out, weight is gained! I hate it, but that's how it is.

Jay