Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-21-2006, 03:51 PM   #1  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Thumbs down Why Did I Do It?

Ugh!!!! I am so aggravated with myself right now. I just ate a snack bag of sourcream and onion chips and half of a candy bar I have been doing good for so long I don't know what happened. The only thing that I can think of is I just got my little friend. I am just going to try and do good the rest of the day and get in a good workout. I find that when I am getting close to my goal I mess up. Any one else have this promblem. I hate it though because you feel so guilty after All I can do though is just try better tommorow. Have a good day all
Tina30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:56 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9

It's okay Tina!! That is while this is a change of lifestyle. It's okay to slip up once in a while. There is no sense in beating yourself up over it!! Just forget it and start a new. We're not all perfect!! You are doing wonderfully!! Besides, it's not like you ate a McDonald's value meal and a half a gallon of ice cream!! What you ate really isn't all that bad. Just do your workout and it will be all good!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:58 PM   #3  
Cat person

S/C/G: 190/187.8/155

I agree with you on the sliding just as you're nearing a goal! That's what I did - just about making it to the 160's and then next thing I know I'm stepping on the scale and it's reading 188! Argh! Just don't let a few pebbles turn into a landslide like that!
Intrinsicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 04:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 194/175.2/140

Height: 5'2"

You will just make yourself miserable if you worry too long about those little slip-ups. You just gotta move on.
josie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 04:39 PM   #5  

These things happen. Look at the bright side - you only ate HALF of the candy bar. I bet 37 pounds ago you'd have eaten the whole thing (I know I would have). Plus you've made a plan for yourself to get back on track by getting in a good workout and picking up where you left off. Would you have even thought twice about a bag of chips and a candy bar 37 pounds ago? So, even having made less than stellar choices you are still heading in the right direction to succeed. Progress is progress even when it isn't perfect.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:09 PM   #6  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

It's ok Tina! Don't rake yourself over the coals for it. It's over and done, and now you're on to making better choices. It's only natural for us to want "illegal" things sometimes... keep up the good work!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 312/174/150

What are you talking...400, maybe 500 calories? You can easily recover from this!! Eat less tonight after you workout, and it's a wash!

Focus on setting up some strategies for the next time you get your period so that it doesn't become license to eat mindlessly.
Burgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:06 PM   #8  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Smile Thank You Everone

I really had myself down and you all put me in a much better state of mind. I am my own worst enemy. I am going to move past this and have a much better week. Thank You ALL
Tina30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:31 PM   #9  

Don't feel bad. Once or twice a month you should be allowed something good.
Queen of the Prairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Slip ups are inevitable every once in a while. I'm glad you aren't going to let it ruin the rest of your week!
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:54 PM   #11  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

well something good came of it.. you gave me the strength and the reasoning to put the pint of java chip I was enjoying up...

yeah, I was eating java chip ice cream and researching weight loss. Does that tell you how messed up I can get?
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:16 PM   #12  
Feeling the burn

Bah! No worries. What's done is done and it looks like you're already in damage control mode. A little treat once in a while is not what made us fat, it's lots of big treats allllll the time right?

Bookmark your post for next time you feel like slipping! A little reminder of how you felt this time might help you for next time. I usually have a little "treat" planned sometimes during the week, but if something comes up and I end up having an unplanned treat, I just pass my planned one to make up for it. I have to say, planned treats just taste better for some reason.
Fit_Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 245/235/125

When I slip up like that, I just consider it a little reward. I'll go back in recent history and think of something I did that made me deserve what I'd just eaten. Recently, I ate a tiny sliver of cake and felt down like you. Then I thought, "hey, I've lost ten pounds and this is the first time in my life I've ever successfully stuck to a diet for more than a month." As long as you don't make it an everyday habit, then it's fine! By the looks of your stats, you have earned this little treat!
Flipsyde is offline   Reply With Quote