Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-19-2006, 08:40 PM   #1  
Losing for Life!

Default Losing for April Fools! Wk 9, Feb 20,2006

WELCOME!

Losing for April Fools
Challenge Group!

We are a group of determined people who have set a goal to reach within the next 47 days (7 weeks).

Everyone is welcome to join in at anytime during the challenge. All you need to do is set a goal for yourself. It can be weight loss, exercise, or maintenance; whatever it is you need support and motivation for.

We are all here working hard to stay strong and motivated and supporting each other is the best way to do this. Come as often as you can, post as much as you can and make 2006 the year of health and happiness for you!

We will post a new thread each Monday.

It is a documented fact that people who set goals are the most successful. Goals give you long-term vision and short-term motivation. By setting sharp, clearly defined goals, you can measure and take pride in the achievement of those goals. You can see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless grind. By setting goals, you will also raise your self-confidence, as you recognize your ability and competence in achieving the goals that you have set.
(From Mind tools)

"Set your goals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.” Anonymous
[/CENTER]
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:53 PM   #2  
Losing for Life!

Default Here we are, big losers!

Here we are back for another week in our challenge and we have lost a large number of people from the thread. That is o.k. it always happens and there remains a group of people who are committed to seeing the challenge through to the end.

There are 55 of us who are still working toward our goals, some of them also have not checked in for some time but I will continue to include their loss in our total. This week brings us to a total of 371.51 lost!

Way to go! We are seriously rebuilding our bodies and living a healthier more active lifestyle!
Old 02-19-2006, 08:59 PM   #3  

I'm still here, Sheri. A little achy and worn but still focused on my goal. Thanks so much for keeping us in line and inspired!
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:10 AM   #4  
dgpebbles

Morning everyone...well todays weigh-in I'm down 1.8lbs...thats more than normal which is 1lb so I'm very excited today....we are all doing such a great job...keep up the great work...and thanks to everyone for their support and motivation..
Have a great day..Off to work now
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:41 AM   #5  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Well I did not have a lost this week. I did not do that great this weekend..I will be trying harder in the weeks to come..I hope all are will and Way to go on the loss......We Rock!!!!!!!!!!!
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:54 AM   #6  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Talking

Today's weight in, down two more pounds, leaves me with only 8.5 pounds to go! Yeah! It's going to be a close one next month but I am going to stay focused!
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 184/C/145

I am guilty of not checking in regularly, due to work, school (mid terms), and I could make up another million other reasons. I will be weighing in tomorrow, and I am not looking forward to it, b/c i know i have snacked too much this week, and I really couldnt make it to the gym every day this week. So today is a new day, and a fresh start, so I am setting some goals for myself this week:
1. Check on here at least every second day.
2. Go to the gym 6 days this week.
3. Drink 6-8 glasses of h2o a day.

I guess this new 'life style' journey has its ups and downs, just like everything else in life. So this will will be looking more up

Congrats miaka and donna for the loss! Congrats to everyone else who is sticking by thier lifestyle!

Thanks sheri for keeping us all in track and keeping us motivated!

Jenn
jenn_mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:44 AM   #8  
bigmamatita

Well, I gained 0.6 lbs but I'm ok with that cause my body measurements have gone down!! I guess that means I have more muscle. I'm so proud cause that is my goal, lose fat gain muscle. I've had 5-6 meals daily, all clean. My cheat day was yesterday. I had a brownie fudge sundae and a small piece of german chocolate cake. I feel stronger and healthier. I went to the gym 6 days of the week 3 days cardio & 3 days weight training. I'll post some more pics of me sometime today. I'm wearing jeans that I had stashed away a couple of months b-4 my pregnancy and they fit again! I hope all of you are doing just as well or even better. KEEP ON TRUCKIN!!!
bigmamatita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:44 PM   #9  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Weighed in this morning and had another 2 pound loss. 8 more pounds to go until meeting my April 1st goal.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 191/176/143

Default Hanging In There

okay so the last week has been a mess.
i handed in my notice at work and that's been a huge emotional rollercoaster for me.
I've been at my job for three years and I love what I do but I've come to the realisation that I need to be home after school for my kids more.
I need some time out with them and put my family first for once.
Needless to say food wise it's been a horrible week I've been stress eating which is not great.
I will get myself back online this week and re boot my system, I'm going to start putting myself first and trying to get my head into gear.
chaarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:17 PM   #11  

HI guys, long time no check in. I have a had a rough couple of weeks. Illness and depression reared their ugly heads and it has taken me a while to get my act back together. I am rededicating myself to my April Fool's Goal. My plan is to lose 10 pounds by then. I weighed today and am back at 200 so I am shooting for 190 by April 1. We'll see how it goes.
AnVy1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:18 AM   #12  
Working on Hot!

GM all
I may be getting a tread meal today so I will be able to get my walk in no matter what going on. lol I hope all are well and still on track.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:44 AM   #13  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

I am working 12 hours a day right now and still managed to get my exercise in. Although that doesn't really leave any time for anything else. Very pround of myself.
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 04:32 PM   #14  
Losing for Life!

Dinahgirl: Glad you are still with us, I have you down at a loss of 2.5, let me know if that is correct or not as I may have missed a few updates here and there!

dgpebbles: Good job Donna! I am beginning to enjoy the ,8's and .6's it means the next week if sure to have a whole pound gone!

Miaka: Way to go! You are doing great and you can certainly manage a pound of week so I am betting you reach your goal!

jenn_mullett: I am glad you are back on track. Don't feel guilty if you can't get on to post often, once a week is great to keep us up to date on how you are doing. We all have the little bumps and valleys that get in our way but we can control them!

bigmamatita: Excellent news on the measurments. It sure feels great to get down a size or two. I am glad you are feeling stronger.

CoolMom75: That is great, 2 pounds is an awesome loss and only 8 to go, you got it going!

chaarli: Wow you are making some big changes in your life. Make sure you take the time to relax and absorb it all. I think it is wonderful that you are putting your family and yourself first. It may be a challenge but you can do it! We are here anytime you need us. Let us know if you need any ideas or suggestions.

AnVy1221: Glad to have you back again. I know how hard depression can be. Utilize those supports here in the forums if you haven't already. You can always ask for a little extra cheering anytime you need it!

Leigh: You are doing great, I know you can keep yourself on track and keep up the exercise!

Miaka: Good for you! Hope you are getting enough time to eat with that long day! It is wonderful that you are outting the exercise on top of your priority list.

I had my WI this morning and am down another 2.6 pounds. I just need to lose 1/10th of a pound and I will be at 25% lost for ever! I had a rough week this week and ate every single point I was allowed. I seldom do that so I was not sure what the outcome would be this week. I may have to increase my intake now that I have seen what I can lose when I eat every point I have.

Keep on looking forward and stay strong!
Old 02-21-2006, 04:54 PM   #15  
Working on Hot!

2.6 Great job Sheri!!!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!