Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-24-2006, 01:38 PM   #31  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Welcome to all new to this....there's lots of room on the bandwagon..lol post as much as you can.....
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 01:47 PM   #32  

Hi, I'd love to join this support group!

On April 1st, my workplace is adopting new uniforms. The stupid manager is trying to turn the place into a Cactus Club - with tight-fitting black uniforms and all. How utterly degrading. It's a great job, though (a tourist attraction and I'm a tourguide) so I don't want to quit over new policy.

All the more reason to tone up!

My goal for April is 8 lbs down.

My plan: Jenny Craig
Exercise: 10,000 steps a day, with 20 minutes on my gazelle each day, and hula hooping whenever I can

I'm already following this regimen, so I just have to keep it up.

Thanks for this great thread!
Peanut_butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 01:58 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

i bought a hoola hoop thinking i could do it for excersize. the problem is, i can't even twirl it around once. i swing it around, and then it falls to the ground. i never could hoola hoop as a kid either. but i guess i can get plenty of excersize, bending over to pick it up for 30 minutes huh??? lol.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 03:19 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 191/176/143

Hey guys
I've been missing in action too.
Major life stuff happening. I'm not even going to weigh until Monday.
welcome to all the new faces
chaarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 08:27 PM   #35  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Sheri, your first post hit close to home. I started this challenge full force and died out. I know I have gained but am too scared to get on a scale to see exactly how much I've gained. But I am back in this, since I've stopped exercising and eating well, I am definitely seeing the difference in my life. I'll be weighing in Sunday morning to see where I'm starting at and hopefully will have a loss to report for the next weigh-in.

I can't stand this extra weight any longer.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:07 AM   #36  

Lumi,

I think the heavier the hula hoop the easier it is. I can't do those flimsy plastic ones but I can use the bamboo three-pounders with ease.

Thanks for the welcomes!

Let's work together to reach our goals!
Old 02-25-2006, 02:59 AM   #37  

Hi everyone my weigh in on friday shows me at the same weight of 233. Hope to see a loss next week.
dawn7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 03:02 AM   #38  

dawn7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 08:43 AM   #39  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Hey everyone....dont worrie about no loss...theres always next week. I dont think I will have a loss this week eather....I been a bad...bad gril....lol The last to nights I have eaten out and its not been good.I will try harder the rest of this weekend and get back on track now. I have had my fun so back to work for me.....lol
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:53 AM   #40  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

Good morning!!! How you all doining today. Good I hope. I had a question, I have two scales at home. One is a digital scale and the other is a regular scale. At the gym I weighed myself(it's a digital) and there was a 2-3 lbs difference. It said I weighed 164.4. At home both scales say I weigh 166.6. Wich one do I belive???? So confused. I think I am giong to give up scales. I weigh myself weekly but I did weigh my self durning the week to see my progress. Well have a great weekend.
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:31 AM   #41  
dgpebbles

welcome --peanut butter...

Jelly - I also have two scales at home both digital...one weighs 1.5lbs more than the other one but I go by it cause it's newer and it weighs every .2lbs and my other one every .5lbs..it was hard to go with the higher one but I think it's more accurate....so anyway I would use the one that you could use the same time every week...pick a weigh in day and a time of day cause your weight changes through out the day..

dawn don't worry about one week without a scale movement...it could be from muscle gain or even water from sodium intake...just keep up the god work..you can do it
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:56 AM   #42  

Booohooooo. According to the doctor's scales, I'm 4 pounds over what I thought I was. I've been experiencing a lot of pain with my arthritis so I haven't been able to work out so much, plus I've been traveling, so the combo of the two is messing with my goal! The nice thing is that my husband is being so supportive...he swears my gained poundage is due to muscle, and I just love him for saying that. But it is very helpful that he's trying to be supportive (a new thing for him , so I'm going to keep trying.
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:26 PM   #43  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Talking

Although today is not really my weight in day. I couldn't resiste the scale this morning and just stepped on. And I lost 3 pounds since last week! I was amazed. So it looks like I might make my goal after all.
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:50 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 184/C/145

Congrats to all who have loss weight this week!! It is good to see that everyone is still working hard at it. I have been really busy with school, and everything, but I have been going to the gym more often, and I am trying to eat under my points (which I am doing good).

Welcome, to anyone joining, we still have a little over a month to go, I feel I can do it

Jenn
jenn_mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 01:46 PM   #45  

YAY FOR THE LOSSES!

Looks like Miaka's well on her way to ultimate goal, too!

Well last night I was about to binge but I stopped myself and just had a mcdonald's chicken salad with a little bit of dressing. Probably went to 1300 cals yesterday. WHOOH.

I've just had my dinner for breakfast (Pasta Penne)...so it looks like tonight I'll be having oatmeal for din.