3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   So what is your motivation??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/76467-so-what-your-motivation.html)

mom2cole 02-17-2006 07:45 PM

So what is your motivation???

I will say my motivation to lose weight is to look hot again!!! :D I was around 120lbs when my husband met me and I know he would love to have hot little blonde he fell in love with again. My short term motivation is that I have a wedding I will be attending this summer and I want to look half way decent in a dress. My sister also called me on Valentines day to say she is finally engaged and she is getting married in the summer of 2007 and I am going to be a bridesmaid. Her maid of honor and other bridesmaid are tiny size 4's and I want to at least be a size 6 or smaller. 18 months should be plenty of time to drop 40lbs. :carrot:

readyfreddy 02-17-2006 10:21 PM

short term- march 10th when i go shopping for a bridesmaid dress

midterm- actually wearing the dress at a summer wedding in front of family and friends with a bride that is often too small for a 2 (gulp)

long term- not to miss out on things because im not comfortable with my wieght. im sick of thinking life could be better (ie id worry less, go out more when invited if i didnt have to worry abotu finding something that fit in my closet, etc) i dont know if its real or imagined but i figure i owe myself to at least get there and find out!! if i get to my goal and im still feeling the same wiegh i know i need to work on my mind and not my bod.

and yes- im 22 and would like to be a hottie. haha.

JayEll 02-18-2006 12:33 AM

No dreams of hottie here . . . I'd just like to have a more "normal" body, having gained so much during adulthood. I'd like to be able to walk without my back and feet hurting. I'd like to be able to run if I wanted to ... or iif I had to. I'd like to see my body fat percentage get out of the obese zone. I'd like to not get diabetes. I'd like to surprise my family members who live in another state next time I visit them.

Marianna 02-18-2006 12:39 AM

I would like to feel fit again.. have a sensible relationship with food and to enjoy being out and about instead of feeling obsessed with how I look.

Also my daughter is almost 4 and she has a great attitude to food.. she stops when she is full, doesn't eat too much junk - she actually makes good food choices (which makes me so happy) she loves to run around and she loves that her body is strong and she can do so much stuff. I want that to continue - I never want her feeling the hatred for her body that I have felt for mine in the past.

stacylambert 02-18-2006 12:47 AM

Short-ish term: Trip to Vegas in May. I want to be able to wear Vegas appropriate clothes without feeling enormous. I'll also be seeing my crush (see avatar :) ) there as we're going for the final race of the supercross season. I know it obviously won't mean anything to him, but I want to feel better about myself when he sees me. I think the biggest thing is if if I get a chance to get a picture with him I want to be able to look at it and smile, not cringe.
Mid-term: Summer trip (Somewhere between June and August) to visit my family. They won't have seen me since Christmas and I want to surprise them all.
Long-term: By October I want to be done. Done losing weight, done obsessing. I want to be to my maintenance stage which will mean I accomplished what I wanted to in exactly one year.

sh3l5 02-18-2006 02:44 AM

My main motivation comes from the bullying I have received in the last few years because of my size. Although size 16 is average, I still feel uncomfortable about wearing summer clothes and like to cover up.

I also would like to be thin, so I can impress people, but also so that I can do things that I wouldn't dream of doing at the weight I am. For example swimming.

In a way I am glad the bullys were around because it has given me more motivation. My bfs always said 'your not fat, your just fine the way you are', but its often been the case that I haven't felt it.

With my new attitude and exercise regime I have lost about 21lbs since christmas! Only another 28lbs to go before I am a weight I will be extremely happy with. :)

SherryA 02-18-2006 03:01 AM

Good question. It makes me think. I've been fat for a very long time. I used to be "hot", and for a long time (after gaining weight) I longed for that time, wanted it back, but was also afraid of it. Yes I'd like to be there again, but at my age now, I suspect that will never happen.

In a way my age frees me to become thin again. If I choose. Why wasn't I free before? I think due to fear. I got a lot of attention that wasn't welcome when I was younger. (As well as a lot of attention that WAS welcome). The unwelcome attention left me feeling vulnerable and a bit scared at times. It also left me feeling angry. Creepy guys I wanted nothing to do with would come on to me as though they owned the right to disrespect me. If I didn't like their advances and let them know it, I was (in their minds) automatically a snob. I found that I didn't like feeling that way. I didn't like being in a position where I couldn't win. Where I could receive the attention I liked, reject the attention I didn't like and not have to feel like a bad person for doing that.

So I guess I gained weight and kept it on because those feelings were uncomfortable.

Anyway my age makes all of that former stuff unlikely to happen again, so if I want that old body back I can have it now. It won't look as good though because of my age, even if I made it all the way to goal (or my former goal).

So what IS my motivation? I want to be more attractive to my husband. I want to feel more attractive and sexy to myself so that I can enjoy time with my husband more comfortably. I want to keep from having aching joints and messed up knees. I want to be able to look attractive in whatever I wear. I want to be able to buy clothes that look cute and aren't "old lady fat women clothes".

I want to feel healthier, look better and enjoy my own body, the way it can move, the activities I stopped doing when I got too heavy. And yeah, I'd probably love to be a "hottie" again. NOT that that is going to happen! LOL

Kim R 02-18-2006 08:14 AM

Short-term: Summer vacation - being comfortable traveling and wearing nice clothing.

Long-term: Health, which is directly related to plans to adopt.

lumifan4ever 02-18-2006 08:25 AM

I too felt much better about myself when I was smaller. I don't want to go back to the bag of bones I was in high school, but I want a more healthy, leaner, stronger looking body. (and I want to show it off to the last guy that dumped me!!) We're still friends, but I still want to rub it in his face!! :)

I don't want my kids to be embarressed about introducing an over weight mom and I want to teach my kids the right way to eat. We have been eating junk for too long. too many spagettie o's in the house. I want to set a good example so they don't have the problem with their weight when they get older.

Also, i see what health problems my mom and aunt are having from being over weight and they are only in their early to mid 50's and can barely walk on their own two feet. I don't want to be like that. I am already noticing I have problems getting up off the floor without something to help me up, or trying to climb up on things that a few years ago, i was more able to do. I want to feel as young as i think i am.

Smoo 02-18-2006 08:32 AM

Long Term: My kids and my health

Short Term: Summer is on the way :lol:

pepper4me 02-18-2006 12:56 PM

My motivation is to get healthy...and have energy to find that Mr. Right...lol. I want to feel proud of myself again. :)

kykaree 02-18-2006 01:23 PM

Both my parents have type 2 diabetes. My motivation is to try and beat the genetic lottery. Or at least delay it.

I want to be able to do more stuff, like run, white water rafting, horse riding, all the things I couldn't do at 262 lbs that are now looking possible.

And I want a better choice of clothes than I have now, and I have three times as much choice than I did this time last year. But I don't want to have to avoid any clothes shop because the clothes don't fit!!!

FeistyRoo 02-18-2006 01:48 PM

My motivation is myself. I see myself looking like a knock out if I lost my weight. I can stand in front of my mirror and suck in my guts real hard and see a better looking body, if only I can cut off the flab in front of me. I vision myself being tone and I see a beautiful person hidden.
:belly:

I am doing this for myself because I would like to go into a store for once and if I see a really pretty outfit I would like to fit into it. I have seen so many pretty outfits but they only make them for people in sizes 2 to 10. I would also like to go to a water park not feeling like I have to hide my body and that is one big reason why I won’t go to a water park. I would like to fit into a bikini nicely when I do go to one.

I am starting this journey now because I want to look great through my 40s and 50s maybe in time I can still look great through my 30s. And be able to enjoy the rest of my 30s fit and trim

I would also like to be lighter weight and fit. I don’t like getting on a bicycle and look like I flat out the tires all the same time the tires are fully aired up, eventually I’ll reach that goal one day where when I get on a bicycle it looks like a bicycle, and I won’t get stop by strangers letting me know the tires are going flat. I would like to enjoy a jog with out having a tummy that jiggles. :tread:

swingchick 02-18-2006 09:15 PM

Short term (1): I am taking a swing class in April on ariels (lifts and flips) and I want to be confident that I can do them, and my partner can catch me if something doesn't work.

Short term (2): My aunt and uncle are getting married this April, and I want to look cute at their wedding.

Medium term: We are going to Hawaii for my mom's 50th birthday, and I want to be comfortable in a bikini.

Long term: I want to be at goal weight and maintaining by my 21st birthday in July.

Cailleach 02-18-2006 11:51 PM

Health, mainly. I put on about 50 pounds in the last 2 years due to my medication, and I was overweight to start with, and I want to get rid of all this damn flab. I want to shop at "normal" size stores, and not end up in tears everytime I go to the mall.