So what is your motivation???

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Health reasons, I also want to have more energy, which I know can be achieved by exercising more often, but of course, having less weight to drag around would help a lot, too.

The other reason is that the last time I've been "normal" was before I hit puberty, aka around 8-y old. I'd like to know, in my adult life, what it is to be "normal", and not "overweight/obese". I find it sad that I don't even know what my normal weight would be, since I've never been there after having stopped growing up... *sighs*
  • My motivation is my wedding next March. I want to feel absolutely beautiful on that day. Right now I am healthy despite my weight but I want to stay this way by reducing my risk for certain health concerns (diabetes, heart failure, etc.)

My goal is 200 by my wedding and 165 overall. If I can maintain a 2 lb. a week loss (which I have been doing so far), I might just make my ultimate goal by the wedding! And a two piece swimsuit for the honeymoon!!!!!!!!!
  • This is my motivation:

I don't want them to have to struggle like I did to learn about proper nutrition and exercise. I also want to ensure they have good body images, and making sure I have one is the best way to do that.

My other motivation is very long-term. Women in my family tend to be rather long-lived. I'm talking 80s and 90s here. And this is regardless of our health, by & large. I'd much rather be 85 and in good health than 85 and bedridden. And now, at 26, is the time to think about that.
  • wearing a bikini at some point in my life...