Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-16-2006, 10:23 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default the good, the bad, and the ugly

the good, the bad, and the ugly.

good- i stayed *around* my cals for maintence today. a little over 1600. this is the first time ive been able to do this this week. of course, i would like to do 1200... but hey i will take 1600 over 2600.

the bad - i gained 1.5 lbs. (but im hoping it was just my big dinner last night)

the ugly- my fat cals were about 63 % of my cal intake! i had more fat grams than protien and carbs today!! i do have a little bit of a stomache ache... i have a WHOLE bag of macadamia nuts given as a gift. i had them for bfast and dinner. im guessing it was like a cup... maybe more. yikes.

and i didnt do my run today. i did walk more than i usually do though... id guess 2 miles based on pace and time.

thanks for reading!!

okay. its friday tomorrow. i need 3 really good days this week to get the 2 lb loss i need for the challenge. (not even including the 1.5 gain - ill worry about that later)

so the plan- im going groccery shopping and getting healthy low cal foods. i have been trying to limit and then i get hungry and i make HORRIBLE impulse choices. the new plan- keep myself on a snack shed and eliminate the last minute decisions.

whew okay really done!!! thanks for reading. support/advice welcome!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:51 PM   #2  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyfreddy
the ugly- my fat cals were about 63 % of my cal intake! i had more fat grams than protien and carbs today!!
Oh boy, so did I. We got take-out Chinese for lunch today. However, this is a rare treat for me these days whereas it used to be a regular thing. I used to eat Chinese at least 2-3 times a week, not just take-out, but I'd hit the local Chinese buffet as well. I'd eat mostly rice, noodles and anything deep-fried.

LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:52 PM   #3  

yeah - i think its just scary now that im keeping track! cutting out the nuts would have saved me over 100 g of fat!??! why didnt i think of that. hahaha
Old 02-16-2006, 10:54 PM   #4  
LLV

Quote:
yeah - i think its just scary now that im keeping track! cutting out the nuts would have saved me over 100 g of fat!??! why didnt i think of that. hahaha
Ahh well, hon, just put it behind you and move on. That's about all you can do at this point. Get yourself to the store and get some healthy goodies and worry about what you can change instead of what's already done.

That's the way I always try and look at it
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I have learned sooo much about nutrition since using fitday!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 199/178/135

Quote:
One thing I do with items like nuts is never eat directly from the package. I measure out the "acceptable" amount for a snack (e.g. a 1/4 cup of whole almonds) and put the rest away. (This doesn't work as well for chocolate. )
Kim R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:25 PM   #7  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

That's one reason I don't set mini-goals...not because I don't think I'll meet them, but there's no reason to get too hung up on the scale. Yeah, you had a bad day, but you'll have so many better ones. And if you lose all that weight in the next 3 months, or in the next 3 years, you'll still be healthier than you are now.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:31 PM   #8  

kim- great suggestion re measuring before munching.