Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-08-2006, 04:37 PM   #1  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

Default What is wrong with me!!!!

Hey ladies, I am back again for some more complaining. I am not sure what is wrong with my body. I've been sick for past month or so. First it was stomach flu, then I got food poisoning and now its really bad cold. I've taken some Nyquil last night and I feel so tired today. I tried to workout yesterday but i was feeling really sick so ended up cutting it down to 30 minutes. My workouts been so missed up for the past month or so, and it makes me feel really guilty. I've been working out everyday for at least an 1 1/2 for past 7-8 months and last month has been horrible. I would love to workout today but I feel really sleepy and drowsy. Also, I am coughing non stop so therefore I am not going to gym to spread my germs. I am so afraid of gaining back the pounds. My weights haven't gone up too much, its just couple pounds and it goes up and down. I really need your support, because I feel like I am big fat failure.
tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

How long has it been since you were here reading and hangin' out at 3fc?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:47 PM   #3  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Well your not you are just sick..What did the doc say. You dont need to be so hard on youself...
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:51 PM   #4  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

Good heavens, take a few days off. If you're that sick, your body needs the rest. You'll just run yourself into the ground more if you keep working when you're so sick. Besides, sitting in bed drinking soup and sprite will not make you balloon up that much. You need to give your body a break
hoodj0080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 05:05 PM   #5  
Mel

Good grief! Look at your signature! You've done an amazing job. You hit a big bump in the road, don't let it derail you mentally or physically. If you were working out an hour and a half every single day, maybe your body is telling you that it was too much! Everyone needs a rest day, and it sounds like you had very little reserves for fighting off infection. Good choice on staying home. Coughing non-stop and workout shouldn't happen in the same sentence

Let your body get better. Choose healthy foods and practice maintaining. When you are better, you can get back to the gym. Being sick makes you feel crummy enough without piling guilt on top!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 05:51 PM   #6  
iwillmakeit

Thanks ladies for your supports and kind words. It helps me to keep it positive when I hear from you ladies. Susan B, I've joined the site couple of months ago. It hasn't been that long. I've been feeling so guilty but its getting better. May be this is the way my body telling me I need some break. Hopefully I can get back at it soon. Thanks again ladies!!!
Old 02-08-2006, 07:36 PM   #7  

HA! That's what's wrong! You don't come here often enough! You know how everyone mentions a little rest or down time? Grap your coffee or water or carrots sticks and come hang out here each day for a bit. The motivation and knowledge will perk your days!
Old 02-09-2006, 03:47 PM   #8  
iwillmakeit

I am back Susan B. It would be great to have your supports. Thanks for your PM. I am feeling little better today, but my son is not doing so well. So I am going to take him to see his doctor. I think he got a cold from me, and having fever as well. Anyways, I will be checking back regularly. It really helps me to hear from you guys, and read your posts. This site is my biggest support, even though I get supports from family.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:13 PM   #9  

We're happy to be here for you. Give your little one an extra smooch on the head for us. I've got a stuffy nose too!
Old 02-09-2006, 06:06 PM   #10  

You've been working out HARD for months now. Experts suggest taking a rest week off every 8-10 weeks...sounds like you're long overdue. Take a break, and let your body heal!
mousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:46 PM   #11  
iwillmakeit

Thanks Susan. I took my son to his doctor, and she said its probably cold, so I am going to give him some Motrin for his fever. And I am hoping at least it will help him to sleep at night. I am feeling better than yesterday. I am thinking about may be taking this week off and then return back next week. I am hoping I would be better by next monday. I will keep it post it. Thanks again ladies, its good to hear from you as always!!!