Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-30-2006, 12:10 PM   #1  
Losing for Life!

Default Losing for April Fools! Wk 6, Jan 30,2006

WELCOME!

Losing for April Fools
Challenge Group!

We are a group of determined people who have set a goal to reach within the next 68 days (10 weeks).

Everyone is welcome to join in at anytime during the challenge. All you need to do is set a goal for yourself. It can be weight loss, exercise, or maintenance; whatever it is you need support and motivation for.

We are all here working hard to stay strong and motivated and supporting each other is the best way to do this. Come as often as you can, post as much as you can and make 2006 the year of health and happiness for you!

We will post a new thread each Monday.

It is a documented fact that people who set goals are the most successful. Goals give you long-term vision and short-term motivation. By setting sharp, clearly defined goals, you can measure and take pride in the achievement of those goals. You can see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless grind. By setting goals, you will also raise your self-confidence, as you recognize your ability and competence in achieving the goals that you have set.
(From Mind tools)

"Set your goals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.” Anonymous

Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:24 PM   #2  
Losing for Life!

Well it looks like this group may have started to slow down a little. We haven't had many people check in with weight updates for last week so I will wait until next Monday to update them.

I have been getting in all of my exercise this past week and haven't missed a day. I have bought a stability ball and am using that for sitting at the computer and doing some balance exercises. It really is a lot of fun and very comfortable.

The mini challenge this week is to try one new recipe. I have been trying out a lot of recipes using beans lately and I must say they have all been very good. I will share the one that was most popular with every family member who tried it:

Bean, Corn and Turkey Kielbasa soup

2-19 ounce cans black beans drained and rinsed

1-900ml Low Sodium Chicken Broth or defatted Chicken Stock

320 grams Turkey Kolbassa diced

2 cups frozen corn

¾ cup diced onion

¾ cup diced celery

1 large clove garlic grated

1½ cups mild pace picante sauce

Spray pan with pam and saute onion, celery and garlic until soft. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 1 hour.

15 cups Each Cup = 2.5 points

119.06 cals, 0.53 grams fat, 18.2 mg Cholesterol, 17.66 grams carb, 6.6 grams fiber, 9.4 grams protein

I eat one cup of this with a bun and a little salad and it is very filling.

One interesting thing to note. I have been making sure I get at least 25 grams of protein every day since the middle of November and I now find that I no longer get (gas) from eating beans or other foods that used to cause this problem.

I hope you will try the recipe it is very good and very easy to make. I would love to try something new if someone has a recipe that they really love and would like to share.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:59 PM   #3  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Yum, that recipe sounds yummy!! Im trying to find new recipes for my shopping trip tonight!

Ive been doing so good this week! Havent gone over my points and still have FP!! I hopped on the scale this morning and I was up one, not sure why, but I have been exercising like crazy, so im not worried. If I dont lose anything, its alright because I know im doing things to help me be healthier! I still cant wait to weigh in tomorrow!

And ive had a stability ball before, I LOVED it, up until the day my kids got to it and it popped! I was so sad! I keep debating on getting a new one, just never think of it when im at the store, maybe ill have to write it on the grocery list
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/176/143

Hey all
Still hanging in here. It sure is getting quiter though.I'm still yoyoing with the same 1 pound,I'm determined to get it off this week and keep it off too.
chaarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:32 PM   #5  

Default Want To Join Challenge!!!

I noticed it said anyone can join in at any time and I wanted to vow to lose 15lbs by April 1st and a total of 10 inches overall. My weighin days are on Tuesdays and I just started the Firm. I always get excited about challenges and they keep me on my toes!! Thanks for this challenge. My siggy is already long, so after Vday I will change it to April fools. For now I will just let you know how my weighins go!!

Starting Weight for Challenge-1/30/06- 211.6
Goal weight for challenge -4/01/06- 196.6
destiny's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:27 PM   #6  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Talking Hooray!

1.5 more pounds gone, 12 more pounds to go! Hooray!
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:07 PM   #7  
on my way to HOT !!!

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3

Talking

HI Ladies !

Thanks for this challenge and for sharing your stats !!

I've lost an additional 3 lbs for a Grand Total of 19 lbs since January 1st.

I only have 7 more lbs to reach for my April Fool's Challenge Goal

CONGRATS to everyone ~ Keep up the great work !!
MommaAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:21 PM   #8  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

I went to the doc today and good news I will be able to have "the girls" worked on in about 2 mouths Whoooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooo I have been doing good so far I still have not lost any but I am still in the game...

Good going ladies on the losser I hope all of you are well and have a great week...
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:58 AM   #9  
dgpebbles

morning everyone...well I down 1lb more and I'm also down one size in pants ..yeah me...I feel so much better....my goal this week is to exercise everyday and I need to work on my water intake again, I'm kinda slacking off alittle..

Yeah I've noticed all the threads I'm on seem to be slowing dow...I don't know if everyone is starting to give up or what...I hope not...I've been really busy ..I'm managing 2 stores right now and it's driving me crazy...

Thanks for the reciepe..I'll try it..

everyone have a great day
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:27 AM   #10  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Good Morning everyone! Just wanted to pop in and say I lost 2 more lbs!!! Yay! 15lbs gone forever!!!!!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!!
Congrats on ALL the losers!! hehe Its so much fun to see the numbers go DOWN!!!

Be Good and stay OP!!

Randee
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:39 AM   #11  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday!

I'm late checking in again ... we had a very busy weekend and I had a busy Monday ... I hate to hear that the thread is slowing a bit - hopefully everyone is just a busy and they'll be returning within the next couple of days.

Sheri :: The recipe sounds very yummy - I'll definitely give it a try .. thanks for sharing it with us! I have a couple of recipes that I'll try to dig out today and post later.

& for the rest of ya ... STAY POSITIVE!

Oops, I almost forgot my stats!

Wkly SW = 265
01/30/06 Weigh In = 262
Wkly Loss = 3 lbs
January Loss = 12 lbs
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:24 AM   #12  

I had weigh in this morning and I am down another 1.8 lbs and 3 inches!!!

Starting Weight for Challenge-1/30/06- 211.6
current weight fo challenge- 1/31/06-209.8
Goal weight for challenge - 4/01/06- 196.6

only 13.8 more pounds!!!
destiny's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:38 AM   #13  
New Mommy

Hello ladies!

I have a goal of 10lbs gone by April Fools day so I figured I'd jump in here. I am nursing so I can't get to crazy, I hope to lose sensibly. (and forever)
SteadyOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:39 PM   #14  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

I guess I could join in here, since I just started (again). hmmm, 2 months? I'll say 15 pounds in two months.

That would be 135.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:48 PM   #15  
Losing for Life!

I am happy to see we have a few more new people along for this challenge, Welcome to you all we look forward to getting to know you!

purplecrush: Awesome Job! Keep up the good work.

chaarli: Good for you, it can be a real chore when you get stuck but you will move off the hill and start moving soon!

destiny's mom: Welcome! good to have some new people on board! Let us know a bit more about yourself and your program! You are doing great!

Miaka: You are doing Great! I love hanging out with all of you losers!

MommaAshley: Wow look at you go! only 7 more to your goal that is fantastic! What are you doing that is working so well for you? Is there something special that keeps you on track? Tell us!

Leigh: You can't win if you don't stay in the game so you are still on your way! Good news about the "girls" That will sure make a change in your life!

Donna: You are doing great too! I am with you on the exercise goal, I feel so much better when I move!

Randee: Wow you are doing great too! What program do you follow and what is working the best for you?

** Stacye **: Good to see you! you have done great for January! 12 pounds gone, doesn't that feel great!

SteadyOn: Welcome! we will do what we can to keep you motivated and on track. Tell us a bit about your new little love!

CoolMom75: Welcome! You should have no problem with your goal, it is good to keep things reasonable. What program do you follow and how are you finding it?

As for me I did it! I received my 50 pound magnet this morning and have lost a total of 51.4 pounds to date. In November I decided I wanted to reach the 50 pound mark by the end of January and I did it! I am so excited and proud of myself for getting here. I bought myself 2 new pairs of pants and they are 2 sizes smaller and it sure feels good to be wearing something that fits! I know I can reach my goal for this challenge and get out from under the 3's. I tell you just saying the number 299 is going to make me feel like I am weightless and I can't wait.

How did I do it? I took CONTROL of my life! I am not on a diet I am on a quest for the healthiest body I can build for myself. I eat everything I want to eat but I eat it as if I am a thin person. I will never weigh 367.6 pounds ever again in my life. I am strong and I will succeed!

Have a great day everyone, Livestrong, No Excuses!