Just a bit of venting going on

• I really really need to yell, scream, cry, do something!! I'm so frustrated the sad part is I know what's going on, I'm just too impatient of a person. My boyfriend and I have set a tenative date for our wedding in September ( ) and I told myself that I'm not going to buy my dress until May because I know I can lose weight and look great!! I started a protein diet last week, cutting out sugars (oh Mt. Dew Red, I miss you sooooooooo much!!!). I work out to The Firm in the morning and at night we've been going to the gym and I've been doing 40 minutes cardio and lifting light weight. I know my body has to adjust to the change in diet and even the fat turning into muscle. My pants are a little bit looser, although I haven't seen a physical change. Well heres my problem, my gripe, my b*tch............I've gained 5 pounds!!! Oh so frustrating!! I know what's going on, I just don't want to be heavy anymore!!! I know, I know.....patience, patience is the key. But times like this makes me want to starve myself (I know, not healthy, I wouldn't do that). Although it did make me do the cross trainer for an extra 20 minutes last night But on the bright side I'M GETTING MARRIED TO THE MAN I LOVE WOO HOO!!
  • Hi just keep up the good work.....it will happen do you have a fitday acc if not look at this site www.fitday.com its a good site helps me alot...Do you eat snacks? I have a special K bar that I eat in between meals they are good..Do you drink water if you are like me and dont like plain water try useing the crystal light on the go pack..they are good I drink nothing else( by the way I am on the Mountian Dew 12 step program)( hello its been 4 weeks sence my last drink...lol) I hope this helps...

Good luck
  • When you exercise your muscles retain water, so I guess your gain is about that. I'd suggest keeping an eye on your calories, apart from that, you're doing great! Oh and drink plenty of water!
  • It always helps to vent and b*tch a little. When I've been working my butt off and the scale doesn't move I vent like crazy into my journal.Give yourself a little more time and it'll happen. I know it's hard to be patient..but with all that excersise when it starts to come off it'll probably happen quick.
    Just remember that you're doing great and by May you'll be fitting into that perfect wedding dress.
  • I just had a totally illogical weight drop. All I did was stick with my plan. If you are expending more calories than you are eating, you will lose weight.

And body shrinking is as good as weightloss! Nice firm tightening!

Here's what my daughter is doing with her dress. She went to a local dress shoppe where the gals are wonderfully understanding. Between DS and the proprietress, they decided how much she needs to lose and have set up a fitting schedule accordingly. We know there will be alterations no matter what. It doesn't matter is she stays the same. It doesn't matter if she loses the amount they agreed on or more. It's all in the plan.
  • aww how cute, your picture with your boyfriend is adorable! you are so beautiful now, think of what you will look like in september! keep up the positive attitude and good luck! also remember this though, you are one of the luckiest girls to have someone that loves you the way that you are.
  • Thanks for all the support & listening to my venting. I know it's a long process to shed pounds, why oh why is so easy to put them on though is beyond me!! lol You gals are terrific!