Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-12-2006, 11:31 AM   #76  

Hi girls,

Sorry I have been such a slacker when it comes to posting. I usually read while I have lunch at my desk and by the time I catch up I have no time to post...argh.

I gained a few pounds over Christmas (big surprise huh?) but have managed to lose it and two pounds more. Been going to Curves and eating right but still have not managed to get all the water in. Have to make a better effort. I also took the advice and started journalling my food, water and excercise and logged little goals throughout the next few months.

Everone looks like their doing great.
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:26 PM   #77  

Default horrible poster

Trixi: i am a horrible poster too. i try to do this at work on break, but i only get to read, and post quickly. lol we need more time...

teahoney: isnt that a great feeling? i have funky fitting clothes now, and its exciting to me!

I overate last night. shame shame. i guess i should be happy, i made it through "that touchy time" without pigging out too bad, only one real slip up... tamale pie. couldnt help myself.... back on track today, my fruit was icky, couldnt eat it, i was sad.

this morning, it was fruit for breakfast, kinda lean but i was in a rush, lunch was a tuna salad made with ww pasta, pickles, onion, and a little mayo.

tonight, its going to be some boneless ribs, and a big green salad, maybe with some cheese.

havent gone to the gym since monday, wont get there tonight either. my bf's truck is having problems with the headlights, sometimes they work, sometimes they dont, and he has my car, because his work schedule is later than mine. so i am trapped unti after 7 pm, and by them i am in jammies. walking the dog though, so thats something, right?

weigh in on saturday, wish me luck!
Jailene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 05:05 PM   #78  

Hi Guys.

Been a bit AWOL with my posting too! I am guilty.... i admit it!

But guess what!!!!
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY ENTIRE LIFE..........

I ran 5 KM STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(but I kinda kissed the pavement once! (bloodied knees and elbows, bruised shoulder) but i did get back up and keep on going!)
It was only a matter of time before i tripped over my own feet!!!LOL

But I was sooo euphoric that i did it, the pain doesn't bother me!

And I don't plan to give up! (just take a couple of days to heal! LOL)

Eating has been good! ( scales are telling me i am up a pound! but with TOM coming, i am ignoring it!)

Funny thing is once i have lost all this horrible weight , i find i have less time! because there is always so much more i want to do! (does that make sense?)
So if I don't post too often forgive me! I might be out climbing a mountain! or kayaking up a river, or maybe even spoilling myself for a day out!
The future looks so good, when you don't carry the world around on your a**!!!! (or 100 or more pounds anyway!!)
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 05:15 PM   #79  
on my way to HOT !!!

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3

Hi All !!!
My name is Elizabeth & I am SO excited about joining the 3FC forums !! I have been lurking and reading the threads for a few days, and finally got up the nerves to post. I am 30 yrs old, am married to J, with 2 step-girls ages 6 & 4, and a son 9 MO.. I work FT, and am just TIRED OF BEING FAT !!!

Well one of my BIGGEST resolutions was to lose weight in 2006. Plus my husband gave me a kick butt incentive !!

He told me that if I would lose 75% of my goal weight by November ~ We would go on a 7 day cruise of my choice!! How could I not be willing even more for that WOOHOO !!!

So here's some of what I am doing:

1. Giving up sugar (which I've already done, thank the lord for Splenda)

2. Giving up caffeine & only drinking one soda a day (if that)

3. Exercising at least 30 mins at day (work in progress)

4. Allowing myself only 1250-1300 calories a day ! (currently doing)

WHY do I want to do this ?

1. So I can be around to see my son, my step-daughters and future children grow up and have families.

2. To be more healthy !

3. To look and FEEL sexy

And of course there are a billion more I could put !!

So that's what I am doing. . . I am really TRYING hard and so far I've lost 11 lbs since January 1st!!

LOVING this Challenge !!!
MommaAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:24 PM   #80  

I have officially weighed in... I am down 5.4 pounds for the week! Hooray!! That is the 2 I gained last week plus 3 more! I am happy.

Thank you all for your support and ideas!!
reshiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:10 PM   #81  

Hey all,
Everyone is doing great. I did much better today. Started my day off with WATP dvd. the one mile. My first time doing that and I really liked it. No hard steps to learn. My eating has been good. Need to get some more water in me before the day ends.

Mommaashley: you are so welcome here, join right in. Wow! 11 pounds since the 1st. I wish I could say that. of course if I had eat and exercised like I should, I could. But congrats to you. Keep up the good work.

Icedragon: Please be careful out there in the exercise world. Great job!!!

I'm off to drink water, catch ya later,
Rivergal60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:11 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 184/C/145

It is so hard to keep up with the postings! But nonetheless I am reading them, I just do not have a big lot to say so I am remaining quite quiet. Everythings is going well for me, better then I expected, considering I am back to school. I really wanted to snack last night, and I just told myself your not spending $77 to go to ww and fail. The money scam keeps me motivated. So I am watching my points really closely, and I continue to exercise for about an hour or more on most days. I went to a tonning class today at the gym and it was great....Squats are not easy, i feel when my body aches that I really worked...lol...

Good luck to all! I am looking forward to Tuesday...the weigh in night (it feels almost as good as pay day!)

Jenn
jenn_mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:20 PM   #83  
Losing for Life!

DragonTush: I found a wonderful way to make pizza at home. I buy these wonderful "sprouted Grain Tortillas" Made by Healthyway. They are 12 inches and only 2 points each with 6 grams fiber. I use an ounce of cheese, diced onion, green pepper, and a spicy brushetta mix as the base, it is so good I don't even miss regular pizza anymore.

Tracy: I know what you mean! I keep rubbing my hand over my tummy and I know it feels smaller and I kinda feel like everything is pulling in.

AnVy1221: Wow you are really putting in a lot of time with the exercise, good for you!

Trixi: Do you have a water bottle at your desk? If not get yourself a 32 ounce bottle and freeze 1/3 of it then add your water when you leave the house in the am. Just having it close at hand through the day will keep you drinking it and you will have 1/2 your water in. I like to make my favorite herbal tea and keep it in the fridge I found a very nice orange peach blend that is so flavorful that I like it without sugar and I drink that when I get tired of water.

Jailene: I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Sonja: for the boo boo!lol. I can't wait to get where you are, you tell that mountain I am on my way!

MommaAshley: Welcome! Wow! I want a DH like yours! You have the incentive that is for sure, now comes all the fun! We will be here to cheer you on!

reshiegirl: Oh Yeah! That is great we knew you would do it!

I am doing well I have been eating clean all week as I am determined to move that scale to a full pound on Tuesday, no more of these 4/10ths that is over! I went for an outdoor walk and managed to do 25 minutes so I am very happy. Strange that regular walking uses muscles in my butt that the WATP tapes don't!

If any of you are looking for music for your mp3 players so you can walk too check out the following site, you have to put in the www and remove the spaces in the name and add .com

my walking music

This group is doing so well, I am so glad I started it you are keeping me motivated and on track, Stay Strong!
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:21 PM   #84  
on my way to HOT !!!

Thumbs up

Thanks for the wonderful Welcome !!

WOW ~ this is an awesome group of ladies, and I have enjoyed reading EVERY single thread in this group, and look forward to the coming weeks as we all count down together !!

AS for my DH - he's pretty darn awesome, and a keeper for sure. He started this and he's on his weigh to being in shape and healthier too !!

I am going to be taking pictures every few weeks of each of us as we do this. And who knows if he'll let me OR if I can get away with it, I'll post both of us

Looking forward to this Ladies !!!
Old 01-12-2006, 11:59 PM   #85  

Default early weigh in

Hi all, I decided to post my weight now since I went to bally's and had a full fitness assessment and to my surprise it was good. My body fat is down from 44.10% to 43.9% not much but it is something great. I lost .75 of a pound. I'll take a loss of any kind. I'm trying to decide whether to sign up for a personal trainer or not. I do believe that I can benefit from it but I'm just not sure what to do. Well, congrats to all the loser , and to those who stayed the same or gained, congrats to you too ,I've learned that staying the same or gaining might just be muscle mass, make sure you check your inches lost. I'll check back on the weekend. Goodnight family
dawn7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:07 AM   #86  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

GM All
I did really well yesterday with my eating.. I also got in about 45 mins of a workout and cleaned like a madwomen..lol...I may go to the Doc on Monday to start the ball rolling on the boob job I want to have it done in April at that time I will be with in 10lbs of my goal. I can't wait to weigh on Sunday.

I hope you all have a great day....Stay safe...and Keep MOVING

Leigh
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:08 AM   #87  

Sheri, my problem is I drink beer when I get sick of water....lol
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:22 AM   #88  
dgpebbles

hello everyone..glad to hear everyone is doing great

Dawn - congrats on the weight and body fat loss...I have a scale that is suppose to weigh body fat and body fluid but not sure how accurat it is..

Rivergirl - well it seems you ahve your motivation back again..i guess all that kicking in the butt helped

Reshiegirl- 5.4 lbs is great..keep it up..you can do it

Also I weighed in today and I'm down 2lbs this week
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:30 AM   #89  

Hi there. I weighed in today and I am down 4.8 pounds (my tracker only shows 4 pounds but it's all good) for the week. I've got to say that I haven't really changed my exercise but I have definitely been eating on program and it has made a difference! After three weeks of nothing, the scale is not stuck anymore. Yay.
AnVy1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:25 PM   #90  
on my way to HOT !!!

Talking

HI Ladies

I love logging on and reading the updates you each post !! And am really already feeling like I am a part of this Challenge !!!

Leigh, I wish I could be a mad woman and clean like you did, AWESOME on the 45 min workout - and LUCKY you on starting the actions for a boob job !! I would love to hear how that works out for you !!

Donna ~ WOOHOO on 2 lbs lost jump up & down!! - GO GIRL !!!

Amy ~ WOOHOO jump up and down on 4.8 lbs lost ~ YOU GO GIRL !!!

GO LADIES KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK !!!

Last edited by MommaAshley; 01-13-2006 at 12:35 PM.