Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-09-2006, 12:51 PM   #1  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

Thumbs down Sick and feeling guilty!!!

I've been doing so good when it comes to my workouts. I didn't skip a day, and actually enjoy my workouts too. I usually get up early to do some cardio, but it didn't happen today. My son was sick for the last couple of days, he had stomach flu. Well, I think I got it, because I spent most of my night in the bathroom. I got up this morning to exercise but I got light headed, and felt like throwing up. So, I didn't go, and I feel awful. I feel really guilty for not working out. I know that I was sick, and it wasn't just lame excuse, but I feel like I am messing up things. I know it sounds stupid, but some reason I am feeling this way. I am thinking if I feel better this afternoon then may be I should go and workout.
tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:57 PM   #2  

I think you are doing the right thing listening to your body. Sometimes, rest really is the best medicine.
racegirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:06 PM   #3  
Losing for Life!

I know how you feel, I started walking last week and I skipped Sunday and felt bad about it all day. It really is a good idea to let our bodies rest when they need to, and instead of feeling guilty plan to gently increase your activity until you are back at 100%. Park your car farther away, take the stairs etc. Just add a little bit of light activity while you are sick so you can still feel successful and in control.

And get yourself back into the "Losing for April Fools" thread, we need you there!

Sheri
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:01 PM   #4  
Arrived!

Unhappy No exercise for me for the last three days either. :(

I know just how you feel. My last workout was on Friday when I started coming down with this cold I've got, and I haven't worked out since! I normally work out for an hour six to seven days a week.

I'm going nuts worrying about how many calories I am taking in and checking in on the scale every morning to make sure that I haven't backslid. I am making sure that my calorie intake is less than it is when I am working out full blast and so far the scale has stayed put.

Intellectually, I know my body needs rest to kick the cold, but emotionally, I am very scared about gaining any weight back after the hard battle to get this far. (Five lbs shy of my goal)

Anyway, try not to feel guilty (hard, I know!), get plenty of rest, and feel better soon!

Regards,

~Silvervixen
SilverVixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:21 AM   #5  

I know you feel I haven't excersised in 3 days , (except for a light walk) and i feel like i am breaking my promise to myself.... but i have been so sick, but im back in the gym tomorrow.... i swear!!!! but at least i will be well rested for the gym... so you do the same and feel better soon!!!!!!
ThErEaLmE is offline   Reply With Quote