What Photographs!

• I've posted this also in "Chicks in Control" and the "100lb. Club" and now here, because I think all women (and men!) in these groups can benefit from this incredible collection of women's portraits.

And now, without further ado:

I just came across an amazing art project tonight called "The Century Project". It is, in its own words:

Century is a chronological series of nude photographic portraits of women from the moment of birth through one hundred years of age.

While the biological continuum is an important part of the project and provides a vital framework for other issues, this is much more than a mere developmental chronicle.

Many of the photographs, for example, are accompanied by personal statements written by the participants themselves. These are often highly personal and intensely moving. The combination of words and pictures has proven to be very powerful based on all public and media responses to exhibitions and publications to date.

The subjects portrayed are, quite simply, real-life people. They are not stars or models. They span all ages, body types, and have a rich variety of experiences to draw upon and to share. CENTURY is about real women in real bodies, not the caricatures in the worlds of media and advertising.

It's on the web. Check it out. I think you will find it as amazing and powerful as I did.
  • Just took a spin through the site - WOW!

Talk about inspiration! Beauty in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors...

Luey
  • Beautiful! I am still wiping away tears! All of those women are so beautiful! Thank you for telling us about that site!
  • Words fail me, wow, what brave, inspirational women.
  • That is awesome... very powerful.
  • Thanks for posting this, amazing!