Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-05-2006, 11:46 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 246

Height: 5' 6"

Health, looking good, smaller sized clothing, etc. All of those are motivators for me. But, it's not what is driving me to do it "this time" I have tried so many different diets, but the bottom line is that even though I hate(d) the way I look and feel, I was not motivated to commit myself to a permanent change. I don't know why NOW is different, but I am ready for this.
yukimfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:58 AM   #32  

Red face

It has been wonderful reading about what motivates everyone because I can relate to almost every one of you. I have been heavy all of my life and have yo-yo'd with almost every diet on the market. Unfortunately, that inner "fat genie" keeps returning and I get very lazy about what and when I eat. I am going on a cruise in 7 weeks and am embarrassed to say that I don't want to take a bathing suit with me. I look in the mirror and am disgusted with myself. Clothes which I wore just 6 months ago are snug and I find myself looking for the "next size". I know that this is a slow process, but every pound lost for me is a pound closer to a better self image. 3FC is a great find for me and I read as many posts as I can to stay motivated. Thank you ladies!
gypsyladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:12 PM   #33  
Under construction

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
Honey, there's nothing wrong with admitting you think you're beautiful. If you think you're beautiful, then go with it!

And be proud of it!

And oh my gosh, look at the weight you've lost! Way to go, girl, and you be PROUD of that and don't let anyone take it away from you.

Thanks, Linda! (That was my best childhood friend's name!)

Wow, it's wonderful how close you are to your goal. Congratulations!
tipsygypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:40 PM   #34  

My group first of all! Without them, I would be lost. Secondly, seeing the clothes (especially the underwear) fall off of me! Thirdly, when someone you haven't seen in awhile comes up to you and tell you you look great!

emerald dragonfly
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #35  

Talking

Clothes:Not being limited to the stores I can shop in at the mall. I want to be able to wear what I want and not have to split up from my friends when we go into a store because I have to go to the BIG section ( which if you notice is not very big in most stores).

My health: I want to be able to walk up flights of steps without huffing and puffing. I want to be able to make it through the corrections academy (not at the bottom of the class)

Men: Looking at me with respect, me being able to pick in chose what man I want to be with.

To tell you all the truth I am motivated by it all, Looking in the mirror in the morning and smiling, knowing that I started something and stuck to it. My motivation is being proud of myself for a job well done. Living right and Eating right!!
DeterminedMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:29 PM   #36  

Accountability!

That is the one thing that keeps me on the right track. I am accountable for what my weight is when I weigh in and report it on this site to everyone. When I did LA Weight Loss when I went in to weigh at the center and talked to the gals there that was my accountability. I can't just hide it away and forget it. I have to face the possibility of gaining in a week or losing weight. That made me be more honest and follow my plan. Right now I am not saying that I am dieting as to watching portion sizes and drinking my 8 glasses of water a day. I know what is healthy and right for me and what is not. My kids are my little alarms too. I can't hide anything from them. They keep me honest and working hard. Hopefully I will be able to reach my April Fools goal sooner if I keep my accountability up here.
dsho71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:48 AM   #37  

I chucked out all my fat clothes (except one skirt, to remind myself how far I've come!) So I have nothing to fall back on, and will have to walk round naked if I put any weight back on! That's a great motivator!

As time goes on (I've been dieting since July 2005), I need less extrinsic motivation, as just looking better and feeling better is enough to keep my hand out of the biscuit tin! It just seems so pointless to trash what I've already done, or put myself back feeling negative, or even having one binge and putting myself back a week - when I can just carry on, and get there sooner! So the further you get, the easier it gets!

Now I feel my goal is in sight and I'm more fired up than ever!

PhatPx
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:20 PM   #38  
Under construction

Height: 5'3"

Phoenix, I've been doing the same thing! I haven't kept any of my fat clothes, and it really has kept me "on the wagon" sometimes!
tipsygypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:17 PM   #39  

Height: 5'6"

Default What helps me...

This isn't my motivation, but it does keep me from eating when I am bored. I keep a picture of me in a bikini, (back then I thought I was fat....I was far from it when I look at it now). Then I think of the picture my dad took of me on vacation this year in my bathing suit, and I think which one do I want to look like. I know that I will not look as thin as I was, but there definitely is room for improvement! LOL

I helps me keep from eating chips or ice cream when it is in the house. I go a drink a big glass of water instead!

Angela
remtana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:17 PM   #40  

What type of exercise do you recommend for a 46 yo non athlete. I've tried the treadmill. But for some reason have trouble sticking with it. Someone mentioned T-Tapp, but what is that? Does it work? I need someone to motivate me... Any suggestions.

Tired of being FAT!

Cathy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:08 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 246

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy H
What type of exercise do you recommend for a 46 yo non athlete. I've tried the treadmill. But for some reason have trouble sticking with it. Someone mentioned T-Tapp, but what is that? Does it work? I need someone to motivate me... Any suggestions.

Tired of being FAT!

Hi

I am 41 and love doing Walk Away the Pounds dvds. There are quite a few people on this board that do them. We even post walking mileage goals in the exercise forum.
yukimfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:57 PM   #42  
Herbivore :)

S/C/G: 276/146/129

Height: 5'3.5

My Motivations are:

Clothing-being able to fit in slimming things. Knowing that i could wear a mini skirt without my butt hanging out the other side. (i am a very conservative person, so probably wouldnt wear it, but just knowing that i could) Knowing that i could go out find something to wear in any shop.

Magazine Cutouts- Many people might argue with me, but magazine cutous motivate me! The models look really nice in Roberto Cavalli Ads, the clothes are nice! So i cut them out paste them in place where go a lot (refrigerator, Closet, on the treadmill, the door etc) and it really gets pumped up. I know that i dont have to look like them to look pretty, but to fit in designer fashion i cannot be 400 Lbs! So if i live healthier maybe i could treat myself to a versace suit

My Surroundings- Growing up, i was never the hott chick...I have always been the hot chicks best friend. So now i want to be a hott chick, i love my friends but maybe its time that somone approaches me and not just my friends. We all need some love.

Those things motivate me.

Last edited by Rubiehart; 01-13-2006 at 01:10 AM.
Rubiehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 05:27 AM   #43  

Is the walk away the pounds dvd have stretching etc in it? I guess its a floor exercise? Right? Also where is a good place to purchase it?
Old 01-12-2006, 09:09 AM   #44  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

My motivation is summer coming up in a few months. I want to wear a smaller size swim suit and not be the biggest person there. I dont want my kids being embarrassed by me.
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:10 PM   #45  

A smaller swim suit would be fantastic. I have to wear one once a week because we take our class swimming, year round. My shorts that I wear over the suit are even a bit too snug. Onto losing weight!