I have a question about aprons

• You know that ugly saggy skin that droops down to the tops of ones thighs from the belly... Will that EVER go away? I would love someone who has lost 100+ to answer that for me... That is a fear of mine, that it will always be there even if I loose all my weight...

this is my first day here, and already I love it. Its good being with people who understand...

Thanks
    Penny
  • Penny - I can't say for 100% sure but I am told that f one loses weight slowly and keeps hydrated and exercises this will minimize that saggy skin effect... Sorry I don't have more. Hopefully someone else can give you some personal experience.

• Thanks that was the info I was looking for... Although I wish the outcome would have been better and more hopeful... (grin)... But now I know and that is the whole point... I would rather KNOW what is going to happen than be disappointed after I reached my goal...

Thanks
    Penny
  • I'm pretty close to the 100 pound mark....I still have saggy spot in my tummy but it's slowly getting smaller (I've been weight training for about 6 months now...). I doubt if it will ever completely go away short of chopping it off - but it's a hecka lot better looking than it was 90 pounds ago.

It goes away when I'm horizontal. And a pair of jeans can pretty much hold it in now even when I'm vertical.
  • You may have anything from a less than flat six pack.....some dimpling...lots of dimpling....dimpling and skin....to several inches of skin.
    The Pannis depends on many factors:
    skin condition
    genes
    muscle tone(to a lesser degree).

The man on TBL who drew up his shirt to expose a six pack had only the smallest fold of skin. If that's anything like what I wil be left with I'm ok with that.

I assist on some tummy tucks for post op and also redundant pannis after weight loss without surgery.

Robyn
  • I'm halfway and it's taken a year, and my tummy is looking ok, the apron is shrinking with the fat. I suspect I'll have a bit of a flap left. I'll be investing in some super knickers to hold everything in and up rather than surgery, as I tend to keloid scar very badly, and to me I would rather have no painful scars and a bit of loose skin. But we'll see, I could change my mind when I get there!!!! Woman's perogoative and all that.

Glad you found us, the ladies at 3FC are the only reason I have stuck at this consistently for a year, without them I would have gone madder than I am already!!!
  • Quote: I'm pretty close to the 100 pound mark....I still have saggy spot in my tummy but it's slowly getting smaller (I've been weight training for about 6 months now...). I doubt if it will ever completely go away short of chopping it off - but it's a hecka lot better looking than it was 90 pounds ago.

It goes away when I'm horizontal. And a pair of jeans can pretty much hold it in now even when I'm vertical.
    That kind of describes mine. It jiggles and it isn't taut, but it doesn't hang as such. It just ripples when you press it, but when I lie down it's not too bad at all. I've still got a way to go and I don't know what it will look like after all this, but generally speaking it's not too bad at all, and not something I'd consider having surgery on in its current state.