3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   How long will it take for the last few!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/70722-how-long-will-take-last-few.html)

tsots 12-23-2005 04:53 PM

How long will it take for the last few!!!

Its been almost month and a half since I was 138.5. I haven't lost anything yet, except I am going up and down. I am wondering how long will it take me to lose these last few pounds. And when I talk about it everyone says you don't need to lose anymore pounds, and goes its way of your body lets you to know that its enough... etc. I don't believe that, but may be I should. My first goal was to be 141 pounds which is healthy for my height (5'4") according to the charts. And when I reached that I realized I want to go down so that I will have some fluctuation. Well, I am ready to give up, maybe its enough, but deep down I know I can do it. I would love to reach my goal weight of 125. I just need some support, because I am not getting that from my friends and family, because everyone thinks that I am skinny enough, and thinks that I should stop. By the way my height is 5'4"

FishWoman 12-23-2005 05:52 PM

I would not give up, but I wouldn't freak about it either. I am also 5'4" and am trying to get down to 130. I am currently hovering between 138 and 139, and have been for a few weeks. It is VERY hard for me to get below 135. I figure it might be another two or three months before I manage to get to 130.

FWIW, if your bone structure is anything like mine (medium-small, not super small) you probably will look pretty darn good around 130-135. Especially if you are working out.

Hang in there!

LLV 12-23-2005 06:09 PM

There's no set time, everyone's body is different. I'm trying to get down there too and I've been stuck at about 141-142 for.... gosh, I don't know how long now.

lol

If you're eating right, watching your calories and doing all the right things, it will come off eventually. The last few pounds are the hardest because your body resists letting go of the weight. Just make sure you're not eating more calories than your body needs. If not, just give it time, it will come off :)

lucky 12-24-2005 10:51 AM

I'm in a similar situation. I've decided that I am going to keep striving towards my goal but I'm not going to be a nut about it. I am at a healthy weight and I like how I look so there is no need to be in a hurry. I am so close to true maintainence that I am shifting my focus to fitness. I feel like I've got the diet/nutrition thing down and, while I have been exercising all along, now is a good time to really concentrate on shaping my body. I know that I will continue to lose weight even if it is only a matter of ounces each week so I will get to where I want to go. But, by putting most of my efforts into my workouts I expect to find that I don't really have as much weight left to lose as it seems.