Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-09-2005, 11:23 PM   #1  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

Unhappy How long is enough exercise!!!

Hey guys I am back again. Feeling better than this morning. It was great help to get some insights from you guys. Well, have another question for you guys. How long do you guys think is enough cardio exercises a day? My problem is I am not sure when is enough, so I intend to over do it. I enjoyed my exercises when I started my weight loss program. I started with 30 minutes cardio and some weights. Well, during the process I increased it little by little and I was doing almost 2 hours of cardio a day 7 days a week. So, I've decided to do it twice a day each one consists of an hour. I do 1 hour cardio first thing in the morning, and second one for the later. I don't enjoy my workouts that much anymore, and I assume may be I am doing same thing over and over. Well, I prefer doing stair master and I was doing that 1hr and 1/2 a day and started to feel some pain. So, I've changed it to bike but not sure if its as effective as the stair master. well anyway, I am not sure how long is enough of cardio? Does anyone experience obsession like this? I want to enjoy my exercise, and what can I do?

tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 01:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Hi tosts,
You're probably over doing it. I exercise about an hour and a half per day 5 days a week. You have to give yourself some time off so that your body can recover from the exercises and build muscle. I guess 2 hours is alright but you probably need to have a variety. For example, add the treadmill, do some cross-circut training, add weight trainning to tone up. You could also purchase some workout videos and try them out. There are loads of step and aerobic workouts that you might like. I hope this helps
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote