Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-09-2005, 12:28 PM   #1  
Rabid Claymate

Default Holidays are Hard!

Ok...dunno if any of you remember me. I'm the girl that joined last May or so, who was trying to lose weight to go to a Clay Aiken concert. Well, I got to go to the concert (and was about 10 pounds lighter!) and now I'm going to another concert on the 30th, and there's a very good chance this go around that I might get to meet Clay. I want to look good incase I do (because he takes pictures with fans he meets)

Now...I am very happy with how much I've lost. I weigh 185 on a good day (today I weigh 187...water weight, hopefully) and I look MANY inches skinnier. I can wear things I haven't worn in years, and look GOOD in them. I am feeling like a teenager now...I'm confident, and I like myself. But I still need to lose alot more (legs, thighs, tummy) and my CHIN. I really need to lose my chin before the concert (probably impossible...that's the last to go, I've been told)

And now that the holidays are here...so is all that horrible food. I've been doing really bad lately..been snacking all day, been eating popcorn and frenchfries (and I had stopped eating all those..) and now I'm eating them again..

As for exercise, I've been doing BodyFlex, and I've been dancing. Both have worked for me before, but they aren't really now.

I guess, I just need tips and support in this Holiday time...I only have 22 days till the concert! I would like to lose at least 5 more pounds before then (hopefully more..but I'm in a weightloss slump...so it'll be hard to lose even 5.)
OperationSWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:01 PM   #2  
Kim

This is certainly a very hard time of year to lose. I just take things one day at a time. The hardest time for me is when there are get-togethers and there is all kinds of yummy foods. This Saturday our Sunday school class is having a party and I'm bringing a veggie tray. I'm also making exercise a priority.....6 days/week no matter what. I am going to eat what I want on Christmas day though. I'm looking forward to that. I'll eat totally healthy until then, but cut myself some slack that day. Good luck! You can do it!
kimberlydrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:38 PM   #3  
Rabid Claymate

Get-togethers are hard...and my grandma is staying with us at the moment, so we've been going out to eat, and she's been making dinners, so it's been really hard to eat well. Last night, she made something I haven't eaten in years, and I ate way too much of it and it made me sick. xx;

I do plan on eating what I want on Christmas Day...

Anyway, thank you!
Old 12-09-2005, 01:46 PM   #4  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

The only thing you can do is try to fill up on veggies before you eat or go out to eat. Make sure your drinking alot and alot of water. And get those workouts in. Watch how much calories your taking in. If you want to lose the 5 pounds then you really need to watch what your eating and you can do it.
At this time of the year is hard for people but I dont hit any partys and I dont eat when someone brings goodies into work. They know I wont eat them and so they dont offer or bring them in for me any more. So I have everyone trained well.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:18 AM   #5  
Rabid Claymate

Sadly, we have no water in our house...the fridge water dispenser doesn't work, we have icky tap water, and so I've been drinking tea...which is really bad.