Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-27-2005, 01:09 AM   #1  

Smile Best thing ever!!

While I was out walking last night around the dorm campus, a total stranger came up to me and said: "Wow, you lost a lot of weight!". I looked at her quizzicaly, I didn't even know her or remotely recognize her. She said she used to see me walk last semester, and she was amazed by the difference, she just wanted to let me know and then encouraged me to keep up the good work!!!
I was so happy I walked on air back to my room!
Sometimes support comes when you least expect it. Next time I see someone working hard for anything, I'll surely pay a compliment
BornConfuzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 01:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Those compliments from total strangers are wonderful, aren't they? They can really up the motivation level. I always try to look for things in other people that I can compliment them on, even if it's as simple as a pretty pair of earrings. We never know when that may be the most positive part of their day ...
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 02:06 AM   #3  

That's awesome. Simple smiles from people make my day! No one smiles anymore! lol... smiles are great at the gym too.
PrcStar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 09:59 AM   #4  
stbakd

i was at my dr this week and he told me i was looking better. it was nice hearing that instead of when are going to loose it. glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 10:18 AM   #5  
Movin on down the scale

Woe, that comment from a stranger must have really put a feather in your cap. I love things like that. Even now, over half way to goal I very seldom get people/or even family mention my weight loss. But that is ok, I can see the looks when they notice it for the first time.
CONGRATS!
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 11:14 AM   #6  
playin' for keeps

Isn't that crazy?

Congratulations! It's so nice to have your hard work rewarded with kind words.

I've experienced the same thing lately, too. I walk or run the same route 6 days a week and have for the last 9 months or so. Twice in the last few weeks total strangers have stopped me somewhere along the way to tell me how great I look and how much weight I've lost. It just about knocks me over every time.

cheers!
paula
cagirlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 12:44 PM   #7  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

It's always great when someone you don't know comes up and compliments you on something like that!! I know you were ecstatic!! It'll give you even more motivation to keep doing it!! That was awesome that they came up and told you instead of keeping it to themselves.

I love when people do random acts of kindness. Let's you know that not everyone in the world is heartless!! Good job!
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 01:37 PM   #8  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

Very cool! It's amazing how a few little words can make such a huge difference!

My kickboxing instructor stopped me after class last Tuesday and asked me if I had lost weight- it was great! She only knows me from this class, which started November 1, so I was pretty jazzed.
TribeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 04:07 PM   #9  

Default We all need suport

Wow a thumbs up from a total stranger!!
I need to lose 60lbs
I am looking for a buddy.
If you are, I am your gal
E-mail me back.
By the way keep up the great job!!
Jane
Jane Howard is offline   Reply With Quote