3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   When is your weight day? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/68764-when-your-weight-day.html)

SouthCajunGal 11-18-2005 02:36 PM

When is your weight day?

I know it's hard to stay away from scale daily to find out the weight you do. IT's best to weight once or twice every weeks. I only weight once a week. Fridays is my weight day. So far I lost 2lbs.. total 10 lbs since I got back on my healthy eating and excrise two weeks ago after Hurricane Rita. I gained so much after Hurricane Rita!

Jen415 11-18-2005 02:38 PM

Hi Tricia--I like your avatar pic--very pretty!

I weigh in on Monday mornings "officially", but step on the scale most mornings.

jillybean720 11-18-2005 02:47 PM

I weigh myself every morning, but my TOPS weigh-in on Thursday evenings is my "official" weight for the week.

andreaphilip3 11-18-2005 02:53 PM

i wi on most mornings but my last one is on sat.

LLV 11-18-2005 02:59 PM

These days I forget to weigh myself, lol. But my official weigh-in day is Wednesday. If I remember.

josie4 11-18-2005 04:43 PM

I weigh in every Tuesday and Friday if I remember. I'm not so worried about my weight anymore, which is very nice.

LLV 11-18-2005 05:21 PM

Since I'm nearing goal, I don't 'obsess' over it like I used to. As long as I know I'm sticking to my calories, I know I'm not going to gain. But when I first started, I was on that scale every day. And I eventually realized how pointless that was. Your weight will sometimes fluctuate by 1-3 pounds depending on water, that time of the month, etc, and those little 1-3 pound water gains were just too discouraging. One day I'd weigh 150, the next day 153, especially during my period. And even though I knew it wasn't FAT weight, it still bummed me out. So I started weighing only once or twice a week and now sometimes I only weigh once every other week.

teahoney 11-18-2005 05:40 PM

Since I've been on here, I've been weighing every day but I'm going to stop doing that. Just like you mentioned LLV, weight constantly fluctuates and I don't want to obsess about it especially bescause sometimes it will have nothing to do with what Ive been doing but just what my body is going through. My official day though is Sunday.

LLV 11-18-2005 06:07 PM

Yeah, I was real obsessive about it. I drove myself crazy over it. Till I realized it just wasn't worth it to me. And when I stopped weighing every single day, and this may sound weird, but I developed a sense of freedom. Those scales were attached to me like shackles and I felt so much better when I took those shackles off, lol. I got up one day and said, "that's it, no more weighing myself all the time," and picked the scales up and put them in the hall closet. It wasn't easy, but I finally got over it.

Glory87 11-18-2005 06:56 PM

Sundays. Get up, pee, strip down naked, weigh.

lizzbabe 11-18-2005 07:31 PM

I weigh myself every day but Thursdays always seem to be the lowest so I count that as my "official" weight.

ScarlettDrawl 11-18-2005 08:02 PM

I weigh in on Mondays (usu. pee, naked, weigh). I figure what else do we have to look forward to on Mondays (but class for me). I get excited to find out if I can move my ticker.

alsten02 11-18-2005 08:19 PM

my 'official' wiegh in day is wensdays. I cannot resist weighing in the mornings daily :dizzy:

jillybean720 11-18-2005 08:38 PM

I still weigh myself every day, but I don't get bummed about fluctuations at all. I understand that your body does crazy things (whether you want it to or not!), so natural fluctuations are bound to occur. I think as long as you understand that, you won't really obsess or be shackled ;) I only rely on my TOPS weigh-ins to account for my actual progress. The rest of the time I weigh myself is mostly just out of curiosity, I guess. I find it interesting that even if I eat the right number of calories, I can gain a couple pounds overnight just by having too much sodium (i.e., water retention). Maybe I'm just weird like that :dizzy:

alsten02 11-18-2005 09:20 PM

Quote:

I can gain a couple pounds overnight just by having too much sodium (i.e., water retention). Maybe I'm just weird like that
You are not wierd!! that happends to me too! ... my weight is crazy when it comes to water & sodium lol