Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-24-2005, 04:42 PM   #1  

Question Low Carb

I have joined Curves Gym and they have a weight loss program. I took a test and I am sapose to do the low carb diet. Is anyone here on it? If so what have been your results? Do you have any suggestions to give a newby on this diet.

Teresa
TsOnAMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:12 PM   #2  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I know that this is the support forum, but honestly I tried the low carb lifestyle for over a month a couple of years ago and hated it, I just couldn't get the hang of it. But that is just me.
My dad has been doing South Beach for a year now and has lost 90lbs. That's him.
You should probably check into the South Beach and Atkins forums on this site to see what they have to say.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:17 PM   #3  
banned

im afraid i have to agree w chica
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

The curves low carb plan leaves a lot to be desired. It depends how interested in low carb you are. I could probably tell you more than you wanted to know but south beach is probably a good place to start. I know the forum here is very good--in fact, probaby even better than the book but if you are interested you should probably still get the book. Atkins can be a good diet if done with some common sense but some people make some poor choices with it and end up making themselves sick. There are other good low carb diets too--protein power, four corners, the zone, etc. Hope that gives you something to start with. You can PM me if I can answer any specific questions for you.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:24 PM   #5  
I'm doing it!

S/C/G: 264/217/182

Height: 5'11"

Default Love It!

Hi,

I'm on the low carb version of the Curves diet (and exercise program)! I really like it a lot! In the first 5 weeks, I've lost 15.5 lbs and over 20 inches.

Phase I is difficult to get through (and I felt really WEIRD physically by the end), but Phase II I'm actually having a hard time eating everything. I wouldn't call their diet low carb, actually, I think it's more reduced carb or balanced carb? It's certainly made me think about what I'm eating and gotten me completely off white bread, rice and pasta.

I do find that I can't follow what they are recommending I eat. I actually took the values and try to meet them with my own foods. I also can NOT write everything down in their book, it would drive me crazy. I use fitday to track everything.

My best friend and I are both impressed I think it's worth a try.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and good luck!
Lessa123 is offline   Reply With Quote