Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-16-2005, 07:49 PM   #1  

Default Tip: Eliminate temptation and don't buy the candy until Halloween day!

Thanks but too late.
Chubby Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 05:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Another tip for Halloween:

Buy candy that you don't really like to pass out, NOT your favorite kinds.
You can also get packages of Halloween pencils, or other non-candy treats to pass out. I was at Meijer over the weekend, and I saw a 20 pack of tiny containers of Play-Doh for trick or treaters!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 06:23 PM   #3  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

When I was a kid, my parents gave out these little Baskin Robbins coupons for one small ice cream cone. I don't know if BR does this anymore, but if they do it's another idea.

Of course...then you may end up with tons of extra coupons for ice cream for YOURSELF.... . But at least if you nibble on the coupons while waiting for the kiddies to show up, you won't gain too much weight -- paper is fiber, after all

I plan to buy the types of candy that give me really bad heartburn (Jolly Ranchers, Starbursts, etc) -- cuz then if I eat it, I'll have to suffer later! (And it will serve me right )

Last edited by LovesBassets; 10-17-2005 at 06:27 PM.
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 06:54 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

What I have been doing the last 3 years is to send DH and the kids get the candy then THEY give it out. I stay upstairs and watch TV,out of sight out of mind... it's not much fun but I'm not into Halloween that much anyways...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:23 AM   #5  

This is definately what I'm going to do. Last year I bought it early and bought all the kinds I like. I ate sooooo much! This year, not going to happen.
Jayde98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Another option is to buy things that are very low calorie that take a long time to eat, if you are going to have a nibble.

I bought Dum Dum lollipops (25 calories each), and I bought the little 3 packs of Sweet Tarts (10 calories each).

Then if I choose, I can have one or two pieces and not do any real damage, but not feel deprived either. 25 calories sucking on a lollipop is a lot better than the 3 Reeses Cups at 110 calories each that I could easily down in the same time frame.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I'm looking for non-candy type things this year. Maybe some small toys or something. I had some of those small bouncy balls one year but I saw a small child pop it in their mouth when there parents weren't looking. I'm yelling down the street, "it's not candy don't eat it!"

I'll check out Walmart or the dollar store and see what's available. I tend to have way too much candy left over each year. We just don't have a large number of trick or treaters.

Sarah
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote