Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-21-2005, 07:00 PM   #16  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

What Mel said...

We'll have to get together sometime...have a play...I mean...exercise date or something.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:10 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Nina -- Just to echo what the others are saying. I started at around 300 pounds just over two months ago. After a month of just watching portions, I started counting calories and decided to keep it around 2000 on average (I weigh everything and use nutridiary.com).

This so far has worked -- for ME. My goal was to lose 1 pound/week, but I'm actually averaging between 2-3 pounds/week right now (I expect that will slow, and that's fine). I've lost 25 pounds and starting to be able to do more. I really started adding in the exercise a few weeks ago as well.

What makes me really able to stick with it is that I don't feel deprived. I make lots of healthy choices and have rediscovered that I really love fruit! But I also get to eat Cheetos when I choose -- it's just 1 ounce instead of the whole bag! As I lose I will reevaluate to see when I want to drop the calories lower, but I will probably keep doing this for some time. It's not a sprint, but a lifelong marathon. So, like the others, I guess the point is that you should try things out for you, but that for some it is possible to lose at levels that others would gain at.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote