Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-09-2005, 09:29 AM   #1  
I admit it..I'm a "Loser"

Talking 1st Week Weigh-in....and OHhhh MY!!!!

I am sitting here in absolute astonishment....
I have lost 9lbs since starting my weightloss journey on September 1st.
I stood on the scale this morning, rubbed my eyes, and then jumped on it like 5 more times.
YUP!! I'm a LOSER!!!

Before anyone chews me out lol....the majority of this weightloss is purely water. I have been retaining water and had very bad swelling. My doctor put me on a water pill for 3 days, last Wednesday, August 31st.
I do understand that I will likely never see this much of a loss in one week again lol...but heck with it....I am taking this and running!!

It is soooo nice to be able to see the bones in my ankles and be able to make a fist again.

Lookey.....I even get to move my weight tracker scaley thing....whooohoooo!!
DesertDustBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations!
You're very smart to realise that that is an exceptional amount for one week. However ... water ... fat ... it's better, healthier, gone!
What else are you doing? Foodwise, activities?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:05 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good for you!! Sounds like your off to a good start, and what a great incentive to keep going....seeing all that weight drop off! Keep up the great work!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I lost quite a bit of weight my first 2 weeks too - it was GREAT, just what I needed to stay motivated and keep it up. KEEP GOING!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:32 AM   #5  

I lost 6lbs in water myself just recently... but that is definitely still a great motivator, isn't it? To know that the slightest changes can make such a big difference. I'm so glad that you're doing well. We have similar goals, and reading your enthusiasm made me take another sip of my water.. lol.. in an effort to keep on doing the right things. Thanks for sharing with us!
UntilMOMMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:32 AM   #6  

Hi Susan,
I'm a simply following the "new" USDA food Pyramid as a guide. I decided long ago that I didn't want to spend my life counting carbs or calories. It is unreal, for me, to think I can avoid "certain" foods, so instead I am learning how to eat ALL foods using just the recomended serving sizes and limiting, but not eliminating, the amount of "junk" foods.
I have been doing this for a week now and I am very happy and don't feel deprived at all.
I went to a friend's house the other day for a Cookie Lee party she was having. She had soda's, chips, mini brownies, water ect laid on the table. I made a concious effort and had water and ONE mini brownie. I didn't feel like I had cheated in any way and as a result, I am not beating myself up at the end of the night because of what I ate during the day and I was able to enjoy her delicious brownies.
I am staying around 1400-1500 calories aday.

Excersise, well I just started this past Monday. My choice of excersise for right now is Walking. I do the Walk Away The Pounds dvd's and also walk in the evenings outside. i also do weight strengthning (using handweights)
this is the USDA website I visit often...

USDA Food Pyramid
Old 09-09-2005, 10:41 AM   #7  

Height: 5'9

Yay for you!! Walking is a wonderful exercise...I walk all the time! And your "diet" plan is a great idea....I do the same thing. I figured that I needed to teach myself how to eat healthily for me to be able to stick with a "plan". And it does work!!
As for losing 9 lbs. in one week, I think it's pretty common to lose a lot of weight your first week since your body is still getting used to the change. I lost 8 lbs. my first week!
Good luck in the future!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:53 AM   #8  

YUP..you are soo right...if you think about it..your body will more than likely lose alot the first week because its not used to the new lifestyle SHOCK lol) butyour body
figures thisout and gets aqainted with your new life style, the weightloss starts to slow down...however, I think (just my personal opinion) if you get into a habit of changing, even just slightly, your eating and excersise patterns, the weight will come off steadily at a good and healthy amount each week and you will avoid those nasty "Platues" (my spelling might be off lol)

that's my plan anyways...not to eat the same foods day in and day out...and change/increase and even decrease my excersise routine each month so that my body doesnt get comfortable with this new lifestyle change (hehe)
Old 09-09-2005, 01:17 PM   #9  

You sound like you've got the right idea! Follow the pyramid! I worry so much about people who limit themselves from the things we truely enjoy (for me it's ice cream! REAL ice cream!) And then they never stick to their plan... I wish you the best of luck
TruckersWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 02:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

WTG. That is awesome on your first weigh in.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 02:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good on ya, Lisa, you seem to have a good head on your shoulders and I see good things for you.
BTW ... I can attest that walking is wonderful. For me it was 30lbs worth of wonderful exercise.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote