Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-10-2005, 04:30 AM   #1  

Cool Show your fridge!!!

Hey Ladies,

I think it could be nice to look risk a look in everychicks fridge.

What do you put inside?

Hop you have fun.

Mareike
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:52 AM   #2  

I don't think that you recognize the german food so that I just tell you what it is

You can click on the pictures to get them bigger.

Last edited by Mareike; 08-10-2005 at 09:24 AM.
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 08:00 AM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I don't have pictures, but I can honestly say that my fridge is almost always nearly naked! All I have is a few bottles of water, a few pitchers of assorted low-cal drinks (sugar-free kool aid, crystal light, diet soda), a few jars of pineapple chunks, and a bunch of random condiments (ketchup, mustard, ff mayo, relish, salad dressing...). All of my meats, fruits, veggies, and breads are in the freezer (reduced-calorie whole-grain breads--pop slices in toaster oven to defrost as needed so it never gets moldy). I don't keep ANY junk food (no chocolate, no ice cream, no peanut butter, no NOTHIN') in my house so I am not tempted to binge.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 08:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Oh man...this thread is hilarious. More pictures please!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:25 AM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

No pictures here, but I'll just sum it up in two words:

His: Junkfood
Hers: Healthy food

LOL

Actually it's like:

Hers: Bottled water, deli ham, 2% swiss cheese, light OJ, skim ultra-pasturized milk, cans of tomato juice, Hood Atkins yogurt, canteloupe, watermelon, cherries, Egglands Best eggs, 2% cottage cheese, 2% string cheese, a handful of Detour protein bars, all fruit spread, tomatoes, light salad dressings, mustard, a bag of salad, sugar free jello & fat free whipped cream for treats. The freezer has frozen veggies, Smart Ones and South Beach microwaveable dinners, chicken skewers, trout, salmon, a bag of Tyson fajitas, and frozen fruits. And the breadbox contains Nature's Own Carb Short whole wheat bread and Thomas Light whole wheat muffins.

His: Mountain Dew, tomato juice for cocktails, whole milk, regular OJ, bleu cheese, Heiniken, BBQ pork, mayonaise, jelly, sausage, bacon, can of biscuits, can of cinamon rolls, Ensure 350 calorie shakes. The freezer has lots and lots of read meat, chicken cordon bleu, popsicles, ice cream sandwiches, Stouffers chipped beef gravy, fish and mac dinners, and cheesy potato bake dinners. As well, there are easy bake microwaveable potatoes by the grill to go with his steaks. And the breadbox contains white bread, hamburger buns, Krispy Cremes, and banana nut bread.

LOLOL

I'm only going to let my son pick from my side of the fridge.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:28 AM   #6  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

BTW, we should include what's in those cabinets too. I'll line my Special K up against his Froot Loops. Hehe

This is why there are no pictures. Mareike's fridge is just too danged neat and organized. There's no way I'm showing my tossed together mess. It's always full, never enough room (too much water, Dew and Heinies), that we just toss things wherever we can fit them in.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:44 AM   #7  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hers: kiwis, apples, skim milk, low fat yoghurt, cottage cheese, baby carrots, eggs, sugar free red bull, light babybel, chocolate...

His: beer, full fat cheese, edam, chutney, semi-skimmed milk, beer, chocolate, biscuits, cherry bakewells, curries, ice cream, beer... Did I mention beer?
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:41 AM   #8  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Well, right now there is not much in our fridge because we ate so much! But after a usual grocery shopping trip, we have . . . (I'm doing this from memory since I'm at work right now)

In the fridge door: tub margarine, brown eggs, blueberries, mayo (which we bought for a potluck we brought sandwiches to, and now we are stuck with it), garlic, yeast, Italian dressing, low-sodium soy sauce, tamari soy sauce, chili sauce, ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, ground flaxseed

On the shelves: 2 gallons of skim milk, a Brita water filter full of water, half gallon of OJ, a block of tofu, leftovers from whatever we ate recently (right now it's rice, tofu stir-fry, spaghetti, pasta sauce), pasta sauce, pre-cooked oatmeal (my bf cooks oatmeal once a week then reheats it daily), ff ricotta cheese, low-fat mozzarella, goat cheese, low-fat cottage cheese (we don't usually have any cheese, I don't know why we have so much right now, I think it was for a recipe), about 10 containers of Dannon fruit at the bottom yogurt, a few apples, some watermelon, a jar of roasted bell peppers (also bought for a recipe), lunchmeat (turkey and ham)

In the drawer: green beans, a red bell pepper, carrots, a vidalia onion, ginger root, some boiling onions, broccoli, corn, tomatoes, bagged salad, mushrooms, grapes

In the freezer (I think we should include the freezer too!): a couple lean cuisine meals, some chicken breasts, ground turkey, stewing beef that is 8 months old and really needs to be used soon, frozen mixed veggies, peas, and corn, ice cubes, Lean Pockets

In cabinet 1: multigrain cheerios, rolled oats, oat bran, pasta, wheat pasta, bread crumbs, couscous, a 20-lb bag of jasmine rice, low-fat Bisquik (I bought it but haven't used it yet)

In cabinet 2: the usual suspects (flour, sugar, spices, Crisco, etc), pinto beans, kidney beans, chili beans, stewed tomatoes, about 5 jars of pasta sauce (they were on sale!), popcorn, tea, hot cocoa mix, some leftovers from baking projects (semisweet chocolate chips, sweetened flaked coconut), a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember at the moment

On the counter: bananas, oatmeal bread, challah (we always have two different kinds of bread, usually one is multigrain or wheat and one is white)

Wow, that sure sounds like a lot of food considering we are only two people! Pictures would be useless, everything is shoved around and it's a big mess!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:54 AM   #9  
Haley

This is pretty funny. I'll take a picture when I get home from work and post it. Don't have the patience to name everything though!
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:16 PM   #10  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Freezer=Heavens Bistro Turkey Pepperoni Pizza,Frozen Strawberries,blackberries,bannas
Top Shelf - Gallon of Water, 1% Milk Tropicana Calcium OJ, A whole cut Pineapple
2nd Shelf- Oscar meyer Deli cut Turkey Breast,Country crock butter,Kraft Fat Free Mozerella Cheese,Fat Free Jello Pudding,Oscar Meyer Chicken Breast Cuts,Jennie O Extra Lean Turkey Meat,
3rd Shelf- Stoney Farm Smoothies,Egg Beaters regular and Southern,Pillsbury Reduced Fat Cresent Rolls
Door- Helmans reduced fat mayo,Lousiana Hot sauce,Taco Bell Three pepper salsa,Teriyaki Maranade
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:00 PM   #11  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I did once take a picture of my fridge when I did a big healthy shop, but I've lost it.

It doesn't look so exciting now. At the moment I'm shopping every other day or so so I don't tend to have much food hanging around. BUT, I just went to the supermarket and I have...

Veg - spinach, peppers, spring onions, beetroot. Fruit - raspberries, mandarins. Cheese - ricotta and parmesan. Dips - houmous. Lots of low fat fruit yoghurts. Organic three bean chilli and organic tomato and lentil soup for lunches at work (microwaveable). Various salad dressings, bottled water.

(Then the things that just live in my fridge and haven't been opened for a while. Olive oil spread, lots of jam, vodka, bacardi, tequila. OK, I lied, those last three might have been opened slightly more recently... I really should throw the jam out though as I've not touched it for months. Oh, and some face mask which has to be kept in the fridge!)
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

in our fridge right now:

freezer: vanilla frozen yogurt for my kids (I don't like vanilla), my husband's frozen meals for work, assorted frozen veggies and lean cuisine meals, enough frozen waffles to feed a small country for a month (my kids LOVE the whole wheat ones), assorted fish filets and chicken breasts, ice packs.

top shelf: a gazillion gallons of milk. I don't drink much milk, but my kids and husband do. I do have one gallon of filtered water in there though.

middle shelf - fat free pudding, canned fruit (I know this doesn't have to be refrigerated but I only eat fruit cold, and my daughter has inherited that preference from me), mandarin oranges for the kids, assorted kinds of cheese, my husband's soda, and a dark chocolate hershey's bar hidden in the very back.

bottom shelf: kids' juice, bread, my yogurt, applesauce, fresh fruits and vegetables.

crispers: empty. I forget things that go in the crispers and we end up with science experiments.

door: jelly, kids' yogurt, butter, mustard, ketchup, parmesan cheese, aloe vera gel for sunburns.
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:08 AM   #13  

Ok, am I the ONLY one that doesn't know what the heck "lives" in my fridge???

I think there is some science experiments from 1942 in there if I looked hard!
AngelKisssezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 03:28 AM   #14  
Pending Email Confirmation

Ha Ha will take a photo of my fridge at the weekend! although there is nothing but good stuff in there....

The freezer just hold several packets of Ikea Meatballs!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote