Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-08-2005, 10:42 PM   #1  

Default Kind of New Here

Hi everyone,

I'm kind of new to the 3FC forums -- I've been reading the postings for a few weeks, but haven't really said anything yet. I guess it's time for me to come out of my shell and talk a bit. I'm trying to lose 80+ pounds at 32 years of age and not even sure where to begin, really. I am single (divorced), I work full-time and am about to pick up a second job, and feel like I really need to get myself into a healthier frame here to be able to do all the things I need and want to do in life.

Anyway, just saying hello and hoping that someone out there responds.
Ry73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:47 PM   #2  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Just that you are thinking about it is a start....sounds like you keep really busy - try to save some time to plan what you will eat. It's a lot easier to eat healthy if you bring what you need for the day with you as opposed to trying to find something in a fast food place or vending machine.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:18 PM   #3  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

I'm 34 and working on a 66 pound goal.
FatVictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:48 PM   #4  

well good for you do what you need too so you can become who you want to be.
I started off by walking and now I have progressed to weight training ( I never would have guessed it) well all the best you. you can do this

flipafart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:50 AM   #5  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry73
Hi everyone,

I'm kind of new to the 3FC forums -- I've been reading the postings for a few weeks, but haven't really said anything yet. I guess it's time for me to come out of my shell and talk a bit. I'm trying to lose 80+ pounds at 32 years of age and not even sure where to begin, really. I am single (divorced), I work full-time and am about to pick up a second job, and feel like I really need to get myself into a healthier frame here to be able to do all the things I need and want to do in life.

Anyway, just saying hello and hoping that someone out there responds.
Begin by putting yourself first. I learned that one after many years.
You need to educate yourself on the process of losing weight.
Yes it comes down to eating and exersising most certain , but theres nutrition learning what your body needs and what it doesnt need.
Learning to read lables. None of this is hard or to time consuming. Specially since you have the World Wide Web at your finger tips.
Another important and very effective tool in weight loss is writing down what you eat and also what it contains as far as protein, calories,fatgrams, what ever you decide you want to make sure your watching what you put in your body.
I have 86 pounds to lose myself so I know what your going thru.
Hope to see ya around and keep that head up and get moving.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 07:31 AM   #6  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I'm only 23, but boy do I know the busy life! I work full-time in an office (on my butt all day) and part-time as a waitress. The key really is planning. If you have to eat out, try to find the restaurant's nutrition info first (many have it on their websites) so you can make a sensible decision beforeheand. I find it much easier to bring my food to work, though--that way I always know what I am having and how much. I usually cook on Sunday so I have food in the fridge for the whole week since I certainly don't have time to cook during the week. Might I suggest Fitday.com? It's great for logging your foods so you can see a nice breakdown of what you're taking in each day. I know I have only lost 30 pounds so far and still have a looong way to go, but these suggestions have helped me to at least get started in the right direction, so I hope they help you, too Good luck!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote