Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-21-2005, 01:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 366/359/175

Height: 5'8"

Default When you're depressed do you ever feel like it doesn't matter WHAT you eat?

When you're depressed do you ever feel like it doesn't matter WHAT you eat, cause it's all going to lead to gaining weight anyway?

I've been fairly OP today, but I feel like it's not going to make a difference and I should have eaten Mexican at lunch like I wanted to.

Blah, I'm having a crappy crappy day.
Solus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:39 PM   #2  

Yes. Life can seem overwhelming at times, but I'm doing this for ME this time around and I think that's what is making the difference.
I know it's hard not to throw in the towel during these down times, but to be honest, it only makes us feel worse about ourselves in the long run.

Hang in there!! We can do this!!
2DBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:51 PM   #3  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I know the feeling . . . but I have more of the mentality of when I'm having a bad day, or something bad has happened, I think to myself "Well, since this bad thing happened, I deserve to eat chocolate" or "I deserve a piece of cake." I know that I don't deserve anything of the sort! Emotional eating is really hard to get a handle on.

Hang in there! If you stay OP, you WILL lose weight!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

I hate those days. I'm sorry you're having a rough day.

Paperclippy, I ALWAYS do that! I am starting to gain more control over it, which is nice, but I still find myself wanting to "reward" myself with food. Last night I had to fight so hard not to go chow down on the key lime bars I made for my hubby for Fathers Day, because I'd been so good and I'd exercised, including weights! It's crazy.
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:24 PM   #5  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Papperclippy I am working through the same type of emotional eating. I'm trying to think of new dialogues to have with myself like.."You deserve to go to the gym today and feel good about yourself," or "You owe it to yourself to skip the piece of cake that you`re not even hungry for." Recently I've become a lot more aware of Why I want to eat and it has helped me take a few steps back to evaluate how to handle the situation. Sometimes, that means having cake, but most of the time it doesn't.

Solus- Hang in there. I have to remind myself that although it FEELS like it doesn`t matter, making good choices will eventually bring rewards.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:53 PM   #6  
stbakd

try eating a variety of food within your meal plan and plan for a dessert you enjoy,
glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 05:00 PM   #7  
Looking for Thin

Emotional eating is the worst. I have always had a hard time with emotional eating. I am trying to consciously think about everything that I put in my mouth. Just keep in mind the big picture or should I say the little picture. You can get through this. I hope your day gets better.
squiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 05:21 PM   #8  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Im the same way.. Actually my week has been very sucky to.
And Im amazed at how I have not one bit went and reached for something food wise to comfort me. I learned to comfort myself sort of. I try to work things out and I try to talk to myself and remind myself that eating never made me feel better it only did until I had the last spoonful.
And what it always did was make me go off track and mess up what I have been trying to do.
If I reach for something I always stop and think do I really need this and why am I reaching for this and I either put it back or throw it away.
When theres somethign bothering me I try to solve it , or I try to work out at the gym or drink some water because im actually usually just thirsty.
But overcoming the emotional eating is something that can be done and it will help out alot in the long run when you do work out your emotional eating habits.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:01 AM   #9  
Support soccer in the USA

Aaah, emotional eating (been there, done that).

Here's a short story. My (ex)boyfriend lives out of town and I went to visit him for four days. When I got back I found I had lost four pounds. The day after I got back we broke up. I was devistated. I became a complete wreck. Four days later I had gained back the found pounds I lost.

Depression (even temporary) always leads to eating for me. I try to not do it but I do like others have said.. "If I can't eat ice cream for dinner after having been dumped, then when do I get to do it?"

I don't know I'll ever stop doing that. The important thing is to dust yourself off after a few days and get back on track.

I think icecream was invented for the broken hearted.
SoccerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote