3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I need HELP! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/58953-i-need-help.html)

devildogsgirl 06-02-2005 03:50 PM

I need HELP!

My guy is in Iraq right now. He will be coming home at the end of Aug or sometime around then. I NEED to lose more weight before he comes home. I have not seen my Marine for about 7 months. He will be home a few weeks then goes back over there. I want to look awesome when he is here.

Now I noticed a lady that posted she lost 80lbs in a few months. I seriously did not know that was possible. If there were some miricle.. which I know there is not, I would LOVE to lose about 40-50lbs before mid Aug. I know that would be next to impossible.

I would love any input possible. What to do, where to start. I have been doing WW and have been losing about 2 a week. But I need something to JUMP START it all. I want to do this healthy, I just also want it off before he gets here.

HELP!!!!!!!!!

Tani 06-02-2005 04:04 PM

2 lbs a week is perfect! You don't need any jump starting. Please don't try to lose weight any faster than that, you know it's not healthy. Breathe deeply and banish the panic!

It sounds like you're doing fabulous already. The only help you need is in finding a little patience with yourself.

MoonRay 06-02-2005 04:55 PM

2 lbs a week IS pretty good and safe, try exercising more and cutting out some of the carbs, but DO take it easy.

I'm sure that he will be SO happy to be back state side and so thrilled to see you that nothing else is going to matter. However if you can't get it all done this deployement it's ok keep at it :D I'm sure if you do you will shock him when he comes back from his next deployement ;)

MoonRay

aphil 06-02-2005 05:39 PM

Mid August is in about 12 weeks, correct??

Losing 40-50 pounds by then is NOT really possible unless you get into some very unhealthy practices.

What IS doable is losing 1/2 to 2 pounds per week, in a healthy and safe manner by sticking with your WW plan. It is much better to lose at a slow and steady pace-and be 10-20 pounds thinner in mid-August and KEEP IT OFF...than it is to drop weight in a fast and unhealthy manner-and end up gaining the weight back in a few months. Slow and steady wins the race...

devildogsgirl 06-02-2005 07:12 PM

Thanks for the support.

Oh I totally know that losing that much is really not possible. That would be my huge dream or miracle. However I know its not going to happen.

I just cant wait to see him, I just hope I look okay.

Zanesgrammy 06-02-2005 11:30 PM

First - my prayers to all the soldiers over there! I think of them all the time! 2nd: diet, and also get buffed up! What you don't lose will look a lot better - and get a tan. A friend of mine many years ago said "Tan fat looks much better than white fat!"

You are going to look so good to him no matter what, so don't worry about that. But really - buff it up a little!

Good luck to both of you!

Gail

devildogsgirl 06-03-2005 12:22 AM

Zanesgrammy... thanks so much! Also, I have been tanning. I cant stand to be white. He is so proud and I know he supports me, I just want to lose more. It just bothers me as a person.

Thanks for the statement about our troops. They are amazing men and women. I just love and pray for them all!

funniegrrl 06-05-2005 05:27 PM

Tanning = premature aging and skin cancer.

There are plenty of ways to "tan" without damaging your skin. Please reconsider if you are lying in the sun or using tanning booths.

aphil 06-05-2005 05:52 PM

I agree totally. My mother and my father have both had skin cancer removed.