fresh start

• so after a month of just aweful eating (cookies, cake, pie, pizza, muffins ... you get the idea) yesterday I decided to start a new. I've been hovering the same 5 pounds for about 4 months and I really want to reach my goal! so yesterday I started new and did pretty well ... the only thing is I'm in college and eat in the dining halls and usually I do well, but dessert is always the kicker haha had a tiny (i mean TINY) bit of cherry cobbler haha
    today i've done awesome and am really proud hehe but the day isn't over and I'll be studying ALL night long, lets hope water and tea can take the edge off

anyone else startin new lately? do share about what you're doin different to keep on track! I need tips
  • stay active, use portion control and get the bad food out of the house. glen
  • snack on a half cup of low fat cottage cheese or (not quick) oatmeal or something else that is low-glycemic & helps keep your blood sugar stable. I find it REALLY helps with cravings.
  • portion control has def been my problem in the past .. anyone have a good tip to help with this?
  • A few portion control tips: use a smaller bowl or plate than you would usually, eat slowly, and leave any left over food in the kitchen (not within easy reach of your plate.)
  • I took to measuring EVERYTHING that went on my plate. I don't do that now. After awhile of measuring, you can learn by eyesight what a portion really is.