Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-31-2005, 08:42 AM   #121  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Yesterday:
B -- Dannon fruit at the bottom yogurt (blueberry) with two spoonfuls of ground flaxseed
(workout)
S -- glass of milk
L -- two low-fat low-sodium hot dogs (on buns) w/ketchup and a little mustard
S -- a slice of tomato parmesan foccacia bread
D -- tortellini from the supermarket, with "garden vegetable" tomato sauce, and a big mixed greens salad w/fat free Italian dressing, another slice of tomato parmesan foccacia bread
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:04 AM   #122  

Hi, My name is Andrea and I am new to this site. I started last week and then went to Disney for vacation and didnt do so well while I was there. So I am starting again today. I have been reading your posts and realize how bad I really do eat. All of your daily food loggings sound so good. I am going to start to post daily and hope this will help me on my journey towards a healthier life. Thanks

Andrea33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 01:31 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 217/207/135

Height: 5'3"

Had a horrible month now that I look back at it. I ate 11,700 unnecessary calories!!! That is 4 pounds I should have lost and didn't. I have been able to find support for the cookie monster in me and I have swore off anything fried! June MUST be a better month. I know if it is it will help fuel the motivation that I know resides in me to keep going and going till I loose the 60 pounds I am still working on...
shennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 01:35 PM   #124  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Of course June will be a better month! Now you know what to look for. That's the best part of journaling. I know you can do it!
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:31 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

As you can see I'm still eating like an oinker! I thought I was doing better today, but I ended up being wrong. One of these days all this embarassment is going to hit me. I'm just hoping it's sometime soon or I'm going to gain back every pound I've lost. It's a pretty big slap in the face to see on paper how much I eat out let alone just how much I eat. Yikes ola!

Friday-
B- 2 chorizo, egg, cheese, potato bkfst burritos ( yes 2, like 1 is not enough?)
L- Cashew chicken sandwich & BBQ potato chips
D - Nachos (Bad ones from a restaurant)
S - 2/3 of banana split from DQ

Saturday-
L - Chilis -Guiltless Chicken platter and some chips and salsa ( mostly chips and salsa cause the chicken & Rice was nasty)..my attempt to try and start off good...as you will see it didn't work...
S - 1/3 funnel cake at six flags w/whip cream, cherries and choco on it
D - Spaghetti Factory - Bread and more bread, spaghetti and spumoni ice cream, glass of Riesling

Sunday-
L - Wendys- 5 pc chicken nugget w/BBQ sauce and a single cheeseburger
S - 5 oreos
D - Bennigans - side salad w/ranch and roll w/butter. 1 chicken tender, 2 cheese sticks and some nachos. (split appetizer w/friend and we didn't finish it)
S - Lots of beer and shots...girls night

Monday-
L - Quiznos - small Turkey, Swiss & Ranch sandwich, BBQ potato chips
D - leftover spaghetti factory

Tuesday - (so far today)
B- McD - Fruit & Walnut Salad
L - Sweet tomatoes - Huge salad w/FF dressing, 1 piece of foccacio bread, little bit of ice cream and cold pasta ( When I added it up though I think this meal was like 1800 calories which seems soooooo weird to me because I don't even feel like I overate …better planning next time) -1800
S-small handful of chex mix
D- Cheesesteak panini from Safeway

OK, today is a new month, hopefully I can put May behind me and start new.

I'm fruit fasting today just because I feel so sick and feel like I need that cleansed feeling. I used to do it once a week when I lost my initial weight. Wow, I used to be so good back then.

Last edited by flxthct107; 06-01-2005 at 01:41 PM.
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 05:27 PM   #126  
slow and steady

Flxthct, maybe it would help if you started off your day with a healthy breakfast. I noticed that you don't eat breakfast at all some days, and when you do eat it it looks like it's a breakfast burrito of some sort. Maybe you could try starting your day with oatmeal, or cold cereal, or fruit and yogurt? Also, if you eat something like oatmeal first thing in the morning, it will probably make you feel fuller so you eat less at lunchtime.

I know how you feel about the eating, because eating out is my big weakness too. I used to eat out all the time, and when I was in high school my family would go out really often and I ate a lot of the same stuff you're listing all the time. I don't know if you wanted advice or not, so you can totally ignore me if you want, but maybe you could look at how many meals you eat out each week, and write down why you ate out instead of making your own food. Is every one of those instances that you went out because it was a social activity? Do you eat out with the same people each time? Or do you go out because you don't have the time and energy to make food? If this is the case, you can prepare a bunch of food in advance when you have some time, and take meals with you here and there. I find that my main motivation for going out is usually either socialization or I'm tired and I don't feel like cooking. But throwing a Lean Cuisine in the microwave is less work than going out to eat or cooking, and I figure I only need to socialize a couple times a week. Then again, other than my bf who I live with, I have basically no friends living near me, so that's my other excuse

Anyway, good luck! Don't get too down on yourself. So you messed up the past couple weeks -- you can make up for it by starting fresh! And if you need another motivating factor to make you eat at home, think about how much money you would save!
Old 05-31-2005, 09:14 PM   #127  
slow and steady

Today:

B - Kellogg's smart start w/strawberries and skim milk
L - Lean Cuisine broccoli and potatoes in cheese sauce
S - an apricot
S - tortilla chips and pico de gallo
D - breakfast for dinner! egg bread french toast and scrambled eggs with yellow bell pepper, peas, and corn, and a glass of milk
S - one corn tortilla and another glass of milk

I think I was probably pretty high on calories today. At least I think I got in all my calcium and plenty of protein.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:26 PM   #128  

Half cup blackberries
1 jennie-o turkey dog
breyer fruit swirl bar
rice cake
apple with 1 table spoon peanut butter
1/2 roast chicken breast
1/2 cup mashed potatoes
salad with balsamic vinegar
1 glass of chardoney
1 sugar free popsicles
1 cup sliced strawberries
orfliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:05 AM   #129  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Yesterday
Breakfast= oatmeal and coffee w/ creamer
Lunch= homemade tuna salad w/ fat free mayo
Dinner= turkey burger w/ small amount of spicy steak fries
Snacks= skinny cow ice cream sandwich, potato chip crumbs, Kashi GoLean
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 02:02 PM   #130  

Thanks for the post paperclippy.

I did go grocery shopping last night so hopefully the next months food diary won't look so bad. I bought tons of fruit, skim milk, 7 grain bread, etc and completely loaded up with lean cuisines. I bought the milk mostly for oatmeal because you are right it really does fill you up and it's soooo good w/splenda and cinnamon.
Eating out is sooo hard for me because most of the time it is social. My BF and I do not live together so when we see eachother which is usually like 5X's a week or so we like to go out. That's not to say I never cook or that I can't, but of course it's easier and so much more fun. The rest of the time I do lunches and dinner w/friends. It doesn't help having all single friends either. I also sometimes grab fast food even when alone just because it's easier and I am so lazy. You are so right though about the lean cuisine being faster. It also tastes way better most of the time and doesn't make me feel so ill. The sad thing is even if I continue to eat out more than I should I have no excuse for not making better choices.

Hopefully having good food in the house will getting me going in a better direction. It's amazing how much food I got for $60 at the grocery store compare to how much I would spend eating out for the same amount of meals. I need to be good especially for this week because I leave 6/7-6/17 on a road trip to see my mom and I would like to start it off with a good feeling. I will be able to post from there, but I know some of my eating will be bad because I will be taking my BF around to all my fav restaurants back home.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:37 PM   #131  
slow and steady

Flxthct, great job on the grocery shopping! Maybe you could entertain your bf by having a romantic dinner at home every so often? I live with my bf, but when we didn't live together I would go visit him for the weekend, and back in his "bachelor pad" all he ever had to eat was rice and milk, so we would eat out every single meal. It was great at the time, but now I feel a lot healthier and better since I cook almost every night (except Saturday, we always go out then).

I know what you mean about going on trips... In the beginning of July I'll be spending a week with my bf's family, and I know that week will be full of pie, pie, BBQ, pie, and more pie! And I know I have no self-control when there is a pie in front of me. Back when we moved out to Providence from LA, we had a huge road trip, where almost every meal we had was from McD's or some other fast food we could find at truck stops along the way. I felt sooooooo fat after that trip. My plan for dealing with trips is to say "well, I know I'm going to eat poorly on this trip, so I will just have to start eating really well when I get back again."

Anyway, good luck!
Old 06-01-2005, 06:20 PM   #132  

Thanks paperclippy!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:35 AM   #133  
slow and steady

Yesterday:

B - Kellogg's smart start w/skim milk and strawberries
(workout)
S - Dannon fruit at the bottom yogurt (strawberry banana) w/two spoonfuls ground flaxseed
L - Lean Cuisine cheese lasagna and chicken scaloppini
S - small fruit salad cup from Au Bon Pain
S - slice of tomato parmesan focaccia bread, and an apricot
D - mixed greens salad w/fat-free italian dressing, asparagus, "lite" cheese ravioli and wheat pasta w/garden vegetable tomato sauce
S - skinny cow ice cream sandwich
Old 06-02-2005, 11:32 AM   #134  

Are we going to start a June thread???

I didn't stick to my fruit fast yesterday, but I still feel great because I stayed within my calories! Yeah me!

B - Watermelon & Cherries 275
S - Red Grapes & Strawberries 125
L - Subway Turkey Sandwich on wheat, no cheese, lots of veggies and mustard 300
S - Red Grapes and Cherries 100
D - 1 c brown rice w/brocolli bits, spoonful of sesame chicken, green beans w/1/2 tsp butter 300
S - 6 light chips and 1/2 a sundae topper pudding 150

1250 calories